Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Portugal cannot catch a break
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

So, lets talk a bit about the most recent match of the Euro. Spain and Belgium are the two first team to win by a margin of 3 goal and also the first team to score 3 in the first place. Hungary have been pretty impressive after their 2 first game, being top of their group ahead of Iceland and Portugal. Talking about Portugal, they just cannot catch a break, first, the draw against Iceland and now, they couldn't beat Austria even after having a very good chance in the form of an penality. A penality that Cristiano Ronaldo failed to convert. Very suprising results especialy for group F. I did not see that coming at all. Share your thought, please. :)

Comments
porkey 8 years ago
Liverpool, Trinidad and Tobago 9 85

really thought that portugal was going to win this match ...... had them to win 2 - 0

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

That match made me realize how sick I am of people talking crap about Ronaldo. All that hate is just toxic it seriously drains the life out of you when you read the comments.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Their finishing is just poor. They make lots of great chances but can't finish them up. They need to win the next game.

Ronaldo was great but it was quite surprising to see him miss a penalty. He's almost impeccable when it comes to clutch situations. It's honestly disgusting to see the amount of hatred directed towards the man in the comments section. All he's trying to do is bring some success to his nation to make his people proud and give them a tournament to remember. Even the members in this forum talk enormous amounts of sh*t about him in the comments section.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Joze @Dynast Agreed, people are angry with Ronaldo but the way they are talking like everything is his fault just encourage that stupid idea that he is playing alone. Wich is ridiculous, Portugal is a team made of many player and many staff member. Ronaldo maybe didn't play the best game of his life in his two last match but the point is, the other member of the team didn't really do much more than him. If they play as a team, they should be criticized as one. Its easy to point at Ronaldo because everyone know him and he have that big star reputation but I think he isn't the only one to blame. The penality miss was suprising but it was sincerely pretty close in my opinion. Anyway, thanks guys for adding to the discussion. :D

ramaboy10 8 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@Dynastian It's because of things like this

“Where would I rate myself amongst the top players of the last twenty years? Thinking positively, then I believe with what I’ve achieved, I’m the best of the lot.”

b*tch pls, you aren't even the best ronaldo in the last 20 years

Emrecan_58 8 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

I am supporting Portugal after Turkey in this tournament. Unfortunately both of them failed to get a win yet. Turkey looked awful, but Portugal did great actually. They were a bit unlucky. They will get a win at the last game.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

When someone says he's the best, you obviously expect him to show it. But then he says they have small mentality & they celebrated like they won EURO. Where's respect?
I have nothing against Ronaldo but when you talk crap, it's gonna come back like a boomerang.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@emre Dont support France please :p.
Portugal deserved better than 2 pts in those games, got unlucky but also lacked killer mentality. Its a collective struggle Im not going to blame only one player.

Emrecan_58 8 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@tiki LoL. But I also support USA in Copa America since the beginning. That worked well tho.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Ramaboy

Yes, that's called an immense amount of self-confidence. Since when was arrogance looked down upon? Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, etc. are all arrogant. They have tremendous amounts of self-confidence in them, and that's why they succeed. The reason he's a Top 10 GOAT is because of his immense amount of self-confidence. Anyone who hates Ronaldo for that or talk crap about him for saying that is, quite frankly, a sensitive little b*tch. Grow up.

CR7 may not have been more talented than the Brazilian Ronaldo, but he sure as fu.ck has shi.t on Il Fenomeno's legacy on the club stage. The only thing Il Fenomeno has above CR7 is raw talent and national team success (which is thanks to Il Fenomeno's fortune in being born during a golden era for Brazil). And I'm not speaking with too much bias here: both Ronaldo's played for Real Madrid and I loved watching both of them growing up. Il Fenomeno was more talented, but CR7 is definitely the greater player for what he has accomplished in his career.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

It's frankly the same reason people hate LeBron. I don't like LeBron, but there is no doubt that he's one of the Top 10 GOATs in NBA history. But people still hate him for publicly stating that he is the best player in the league and for acting arrogant. Jesus, since when did opposing fans grow so sensitive? Ronaldo and LeBron are by far the most hated players in the world, and for no f.ucking reason too. Motherfu.ckers don't know how to appreciate greatness, so they choose to spit on it instead. Then when the player drops 50 points or scores a hat-trick, they revert back to the "oh I never hated Ronaldo, I just don't like him" excuse.

I don't even blame him for being mad at Iceland because all the Icelandic players and coaches have been talking sh.it about Ronaldo since before the game even happened. But I suppose you little lot don't care about that, do you? Ignore the fact that they've been calling Ronaldo a Hollywood actor and dissing him before the game happens, but just focus on how Ronaldo said they have a 'small team mentality'. Oh jeez, how offensive of him!

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Well, to be sincere, people alway respect people who are more humble in my opinion. I thinks thats normal and with the way Ronaldo go on about his career, its normal that he has a lot of people jealous of him and finding him arrogant. I still think that most man in his position would simply act the same way he do, because they would be proud. In my opinion, I can understand why he act so proudly because from what I heard, Ronaldo really worked hard to succeed as much as he did. I think its normal to proud to achieve so many great thing and to become strong. I just think people look at Ronaldo in a superficial manner, they should also think about what make him react this way. I think thats while annoying, its natural for people to act like that toward people who act proud of their skill.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Emobot

Muhammad Ali is the most loved athlete in the last 50 years and he was always arrogant. People these days have just grown too fu.cking sensitive to what other people say. Someone says "I think I'm the best at football" and everybody loses their minds. Zlatan always says shi.t like this, but you don't see people hate on him, do you? Ridiculous how Ronaldo is treated. Just shows everyone's immaturity.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't think people mind the talk as long as the players walk the walk. LeBron gets a lot of crap for losing so much in the playoffs, Ronaldo gets crap for not showing up in games, etc etc.

And to be fair the players bring it on themselves. Ronaldo has had a terrible Euro so far, and deserves much of the criticism he's been getting. If you've just been talking about how sad and "small-country" the other teams are, you kinda have to show up for your own games.

ramaboy10 8 years ago Edited
Mauritius 285 6463

'Anyone who hates Ronaldo for that or talk crap about him for saying that is, quite frankly, a sensitive little b*tch. Grow up.'

I think you need grow up and get out of his ass. He claims to be the best player in the last 20 years, yet he can't win a game in euro? He says all of this stuff then you get sensitive when he receives backlash?

I like Ronaldo, he is a nice guy, he helps people and gives to charity but if he is going to make these bold statements then not be able to back it up with results then of course he is going to get roasted. Nothing wrong with a player saying they're the best but if he can't perform then what he says is going to be reflected back at him 10 times worse to be honest.

If you are going to sit an exam and before if you go around saying to everyone you will get the highest and do the best then get a below average grade what do you expect people to say back to you? Its the same principle.

He calls Iceland a 'small mentality team' you think thats an acceptable thing for a player of his quality to say? Of course people like Suarez have said things 100 times worse but Ronaldo could at least respect his opponents if he draws to them in a fair game.

If he says stuff like that, acts arrogant then can't prove his skill for his country then what do you expect?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

'Anyone who hates Ronaldo for that or talk crap about him for saying that is, quite frankly, a sensitive little b*tch. Grow up.'

I think you need grow up and get out of his ass. He claims to be the best player in the last 20 years, yet he can't win a game in euro? He says all of this stuff then you get sensitive when he receives backlash?

I like Ronaldo, he is a nice guy, he helps people and gives to charity but if he is going to make these bold statements then not be able to back it up with results then of course he is going to get roasted. Nothing wrong with a player saying they're the best but if he can't perform then what he says is going to be reflected back at him 10 times worse to be honest.

If you are going to sit an exam and before if you go around saying to everyone you will get the highest and do the best then get a below average grade what do you expect people to say back to you? Its the same principle.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynastian I think thats the thing, Ali didn't have that much competition. Ronaldo however is always compared to other great player who are nearly as good as him. Also like Sun say, if you act cocky and you don't manage to perform as well as you say you will, people get annoyed more easily with the player. Yeah, they are very immature, but thats sadly part of human nature. My thought on the difference between Zlatan and Ronaldo are that people doesn't take Zlatan as seriously as they do with Ronaldo. I don't know, I guess thats alway's how I felt about Zlatan, its a joke, most of what he say just sound so over the top that we can't help but smile. In the case of Ronaldo, I don't know, I guess its just sound more serious and it make people more irritating. Now I know this isn't much to make a point buts that how I feel. In my opinion, Ronaldo is a great player who isn't really understood. I guess he just fit the stereotype people see in a douch. He play for a big club that is known to be quite wealthy, seem arrogant and mocking, is one of the richest player on the planet, like beautifull car and woman and he sometime look like a sore loser. I mean, theres nothing wrong with all of that and that doesn't mean he's a bad person but thats make him an huge target for other people hate and jealousy. He is just the kind of person people love to hate. I just wish people realize there so much more about him and maybe then, they wouldn't be so critical all the time. ;)

Edit: Also, I think one of the reason theres is a lot of hate on Ronaldo is because of all the Messi fanboy. What do you want me to say, its hard not to like Lionel but I think some people like to take it too far.

• History

@Dynastian I think thats the thing, Ali didn't have that much competition. Ronaldo however is always compared to other great player who are nearly as good as him. Also like Sun say, if you act cocky and you don't manage to perform as well as you say you will, people get annoyed more easily with the player. Yeah, they are very immature, but thats sadly part of human nature. My thought on the difference between Zlatan and Ronaldo are that people doesn't take Zlatan as seriously as they do with Ronaldo. I don't know, I guess thats alway's how I felt about Zlatan, its a joke, most of what he say just sound so over the top that we can't help but smile. In the case of Ronaldo, I don't know, I guess its just sound more serious and it make people more irritating. Now I know this isn't much to make a point buts that how I feel. In my opinion, Ronaldo is a great player who isn't really understood. I guess he just fit the stereotype people see in a douch. He play for a big club that is known to be quite wealthy, seem arrogant and mocking, is one of the richest player on the planet, like beautifull car and woman and he sometime look like a sore loser. I mean, theres nothing wrong with all of that and that doesn't mean he's a bad person but thats make him an huge target for other people hate and jealousy. He is just the kind of person people love to hate. I just wish people realize there so much more about him and maybe then, they wouldn't be so critical all the time. ;)

Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@quikzy

But Iceland does have small mentality and did celebrate it like they won Euro . Ronaldo was IMPOLITE and Unethical by saying it otherwise he told the truth. It made him look like an a@shole looking down on their achievement because obviously it means a lot for Iceland players to draw against a team like Portugal . However , i think he said that in the heat of the moment . He is a winner by nature and sometimes things like that may slip from the mouth when disappointed with results , because obviously for Portugal it was a bad result to get a draw against Iceland .

Just clear this up . Not a fan of Ronaldo but I try to be objective . For Iceland to reach Euro was already HUGE achievement . Never before did they do that .

• History

@quikzy

But Iceland does have small mentality and did celebrate it like they won Euro . Ronaldo was IMPOLITE and Unethical by saying it otherwise he told the truth. It made him look like an a@shole looking down on their achievement because obviously it means a lot for Iceland players to draw with a team like Portugal .

Just clear this up . Not a fan of Ronaldo but I try to be objective . For Iceland to reach Euro was already HUGE achievement . Never before did they do that .

@quikzy

But Iceland does have small mentality and did celebrate it like they won Euro . Ronaldo was IMPOLITE and Unethical by saying it otherwise he told the truth. It made him look like an a@shole looking down on their achievement because obviously it means a lot for Iceland players to draw with a team like Portugal . However , i think he said that in the heat of the moment . He is a winner by nature and sometimes things like may slip from the mouth when disappointed to be drawn , because obviously for Portugal it was a bad result to draw with Iceland .

JozeMourinho 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Emobot7 You just gave the answer to everyone. I just think you should add 1 more word like. He is just the kind of successful person people love to hate.

''He is just the kind of person people love to hate.''

Should I feel weird for not feeling sympathy or hate, just admiring how far hard work can get you :P?

• History

@Emobot7 You just gave the answer to everyone.

Should I feel weird for not feeling sympathy or hate, just admiring how far hard work can get you :P?

@Emobot7 You just gave the answer to everyone. I just think you should add 1 more word like. He is jus the kind of successful person people love to hate.

expertfootball11 8 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Critcism is fine, and it should help instead of harming. Concerning Portugal, they can't depend on one man, and they need alternatives for Ronaldo in the attack or in the wings, I just think that this squad entirely relies on him to score goals, look at the shots of them, he shot at least half of them.
They need to work in their finishing and I think the time for a newer generation has come.

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Exactly /

Portugal of 2000 - 2006 was team that had stars but did not depend one player . They were much better team .