Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Portugal cannot catch a break
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

So, lets talk a bit about the most recent match of the Euro. Spain and Belgium are the two first team to win by a margin of 3 goal and also the first team to score 3 in the first place. Hungary have been pretty impressive after their 2 first game, being top of their group ahead of Iceland and Portugal. Talking about Portugal, they just cannot catch a break, first, the draw against Iceland and now, they couldn't beat Austria even after having a very good chance in the form of an penality. A penality that Cristiano Ronaldo failed to convert. Very suprising results especialy for group F. I did not see that coming at all. Share your thought, please. :)

Comments
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Thats also what I think, yeah, he was rude, but in the heat of the moment and when your angry for not getting 3 point you should have been able to get, it make sense for a competetive person like Ronaldo to say things like that.

@JozeMourinho I don't think its weird, thats also how I think about Ronaldo now. But I had to put some thought into it before feeling like that. I really didn't like him at first, I learned to apreciate him for his hard work only after searching and finding more info about him.

@expertfootball Agreed, this seem to be a huge problem, they should relie less on him especially if you consider he getting older and played a lot of game this season. Euro could be a good occasion to make a rotation with the squad. Give him a tiny break while giving a chance for the younger star to shine.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

You can act arrogant or have a big month, but you must deliver because you will get burned if you don't.
Mohammed Ali, yes biggest mouth ever, but he predicted a ko in the 3rd round and that's what happened exactly how he predicted, Lebron James, well attack defense dunks pick and roll interceptions he is just the best and he proves it on the pitch...
Actually the attitude should be equal to the pitch performance, I agree on everything told here. Some jealousy and free hate from Ronaldo haters but also pitch performance who doesn't let him the freedom to say what he said.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

When ali said that he was the greatest, he really was the greatest but we know it's not true when ronaldo says he is the greatest.
Did i make any sense?

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think you need grow up and get out of his ass. He claims to be the best player in the last 20 years, yet he can't win a game in euro? He says all of this stuff then you get sensitive when he receives backlash?

Oh my bad, I didn't realize football was a one-man sport. It's the entire team's fault. Ronaldo is to be blamed for his missed chances and the penalty. There was no lack of effort on his part. They did their job, but just weren't attentive enough to finish. But not winning the game is Portugal's fault as a whole, not Ronaldo's. Ever notice how Portugal only does well when Ronaldo does well? Just proves how bad they are. And here you are just blaming Ronaldo.

I think you really need to check if your feelings get hurt when a man says he's the best or if you just hate Ronaldo for the f.uck of it. Never seen you criticize Zlatan so harshly when he says arrogant sh.it.

He calls Iceland a 'small mentality team' you think thats an acceptable thing for a player of his quality to say? Of course people like Suarez have said things 100 times worse but Ronaldo could at least respect his opponents if he draws to them in a fair game.

Seems like you answered my previous question. You judge players like Zlatan and Suarez in a completely different light than Ronaldo. F.ucking hater. You just admitted that Suarez says much worse things but you would never criticize him the same way you treat Ronaldo. I'm not sure if jealous people make me frustrated or just make me laugh at their miserable lives.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian98 Well, in his case, I guess the hate come from the fact that the rest of the Portugal squad are a bit more humble so its easier to target the guys who say he is one of the best player in the world and talk badly of the other team when he draw with them. But to be sincere, the rest of Portugal squad is not really bad, I believe they have good individual other than Ronaldo but they are not all of the same level and I think that they might lack a bit of team spirit. Thats the problem with a lot of international team to be sincere. At the end, I agree with Dynast that you cannot only blame Ronaldo for Portugal results, that were still acceptable when you think about it. But yeah, because he act cocky, he get lots of hater that will jump on any occassion to critisize him. Even when he's not the only one at fault. But Dynast, are you gonna be okay? You seem to take that very much to heart. :( I can understand where your passion is coming but I just hope this isn't getting on your mood. :(

ramaboy10 8 years ago Edited
Mauritius 285 6463

'I think you really need to check if your feelings get hurt when a man says he's the best or if you just hate Ronaldo for the f.uck of it. Never seen you criticize Zlatan so harshly when he says arrogant sh.it.'

I never say anything about Zlatan because he doesn't get put under the spotlight like this. Pretty simple.

'I'm not sure if jealous people make me frustrated or just make me laugh at their miserable lives.'

awwww did I touch a nerve there? Oho sht i criticised ronaldo my life if fcking miserable to be honest now

and jealous? only thing i am jealous of is his pay and that goes for any higher tier footballer :/ nice try

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

'I think you really need to check if your feelings get hurt when a man says he's the best or if you just hate Ronaldo for the f.uck of it. Never seen you criticize Zlatan so harshly when he says arrogant sh.it.'

I never say anything about Zlatan because he doesn't get put under the spotlight like this. Pretty simple.

'. I'm not sure if jealous people make me frustrated or just make me laugh at their miserable lives.'

awwww did I touch a nerve there? oho sht i criticised ronaldo my life if fcking miserable to be honest now

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Being honest, whether he talked big or not, he was gonna get the criticism either way. Its Ronaldo we are talking about.

Look at Lewandowski, he barely did jack sh*t but no one cares. When he starts scoring for bayren, people will come back and say he is the second or first best striker in the world.

Look at Germany, they just be northern Ireland by one goal even with all those chances, yet they called N.ireland lucky not to concede.

Its simple, Put Ronaldo in Southhampton the team will be on the cover daily. Its like what some of you guys just said, he is the type of guy people like to hate on, simple. His performance wasn't as we expected, neither he did himself. The pressure is unreal on Ronaldo, from critics to fans to newspapers to even celebrities. Give the guy a break, also, for me Portugal are one of the best teams in performace wise, creating chances defending, etc. they just couldn't polish it up with some goals. If Portugal beat hungary, and Ronaldo scored, trust me, he would be going on a roll on the next matches. Lets just hope the best

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@rayrex To be sincere, I really think Lewandoski is a bit overated and I feel he's not as consistent as people make him to be.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Lewandoski is a fantastic player, he contributes alot and plays for the team, he doesn't care for individual succes.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@chelsea8, not a single player on the planet doesn't care about individual success, this isn't fun and games for them, people pay you when they see your stats, teams pay big or u to come to their team when they see your stats.

I'm sorry but Lewandowski is a fantastic player, saying him or any other player doesn't care about individual stats is complete nonsense.

@Emo Lewa is a great striker, its just that he is compared to the likes of Suarez atm, which is hard since suarez is in complete beast mode. I am not taking anything away from Lewa, just giving an example of world class player with his home nation.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Chelsea8 @rayrex7 Okay, maybe I'm a bit hard on Lewa, you see, I remember the Atletico Madrid - Bayern Munich match and I seem to remember he missed quite a few good occasion. But after checking some stat, I realize he did keep on banging a lots of goals after coming back from his injury (I don't know why but I thought he didn't manage to regain his fitness). No, I realized I was wrong, Lewandoski is a fantastic player but I agree he might not be as good as Luis Suarez, that lad is indeed a beast. Anyway, sorry for changing the topic.

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Guys going to keep talking crap about Ronaldo ?

Portugal players need to literally carry Ronaldo to his locker room and into stadium every match ! How unlucky for Ronaldo playing in a such a team that doesn't put as much as effort as he does . Some may say Ibrahimovic is in the same boat but I will disagree because Swedish players always play their hearts out . Portugal doesn't play their potential unless Ronaldo is having a good day. Too much pressure on the lad and too much criticism and all his fault for raising the bar and expectations .

DarthFooty 8 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Crazy game today with them and the group overall.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Darthfooty Indeed, Ronaldo even scored 2 goal to salvage a draw and make sure his team qualified. But of course, people will say he should have scored 3. ;P

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

IF Nani would control half the long balls he got...

Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468

Luck evened itself out as always in the end.