Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Pogba to Real Madrid, Kroos out?
Amerr30 8 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Do you think this strengthens Real Madrid or does it weaken them?

Mind you, Kroos has been playing for Real Madrid for some time now. He's very comfortable, and knows his place. Knows what to do.

I consider Pogba to be a much more talented player and we can get more use out of him. If he performs as well as he does in Juve, I think this will make us favorites for CL.

Just imagine..

------------------Casemiro---------------------

Pogba ----------------------------Modric

Bale --------Benzema/Morata-----------CR 7

I drool.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Do you think this strengthens Real Madrid or does it weaken them?

Mind you, Kroos has been playing for Real Madrid for some time now. He's very comfortable, and knows his place. Knows what to do.

I consider Pogba to be a much more talented player and we can get more use out of him. If he performs as well as he does in Juve, I think this will make us favorites for CL.

Just imagine..

------------------Casemiro---------------------

Pogba ----------------------------Modric

I drool.

Comments

@TheLamb: Kroos and Modric aren't defensive midfielders in any interpretation of the position. Be it modern or otherwise. Kroos is a CM, but he could play CAM though he doesn't take nearly enough risks or is penetrative enough to be world class in that spot.

Modric is a World class CM/CAM. Currently, he is without a doubt the best in the World. There isn't a player out there I would pick over him to do what he does.

The reason, as I said earlier, I consider Pogba to be an upgrade over Kroos is because he 'can' be a defensive midfielder. I know that at the beginning of his career that he played that position for a bit. He could play Case's position if he gets injured or suspended. I suppose so could Kroos but he's very very weak at it because that's not his natural position.

Not only all that, but Pogba is excellent going forward, too. He can actually carry the ball forward like Modric which is something that Kroos never does. He'd rather just pick a pass.

How anybody can say that Pogba isn't an upgrade over Kroos is amazing to me. I mean, we actually have people saying that they know better than all of the World experts, judges, players, pundits, market value adjusters and etc.

Come on fellas, just look at their value at transfermarkt. Pogba is rated much higher, and this following Kroos' CL winning season, which normally raises the value of all the players. Not to mention the fact that he's a World Cup winner, already a CL winner with Munich, and countless other trophies. Meanwhile Pogba is 'relatively' new to this stage

And who was it that said Pogba will end up like James?

I'm sorry, but what the hell makes you think that James was a bad transfer?

Even on current form, James would easily get into the starting 11 in any team in the World. He's an amazing player, just unlucky that he's battling Modric for the spot, who is in the prime of his career. There's no player out that could take his spot from the starting 11.

Kroos is a different player and Zidane is wise enough to recognize the need for a CDM, which makes Case's place a necessity.

If we buy Pogba, we should probably sell two of Kroos, Isco, or James. Not because we need the money but simply because they won't get much playing time even if we do challenge for 4-5 trophies next year.

By the way, I don't know if you guys are aware, Pogba's agent has announced that he's started negotiations with Real Madrid. On top of that, Pogba has chosen not to renew his contract for his house. So all points to him leaving.

• History

@TheLamb: Kroos and Modric aren't defensive midfielders in any interpretation of the position. Be it modern or otherwise. Kroos is a CM, but he could play CAM though he doesn't take nearly enough risks or is penetrative enough to be world class in that spot.

Modric is a World class CM/CAM. Currently, he is without a doubt the best in the World. There isn't a player out there I would pick over him to do what he does.

The reason, as I said earlier, I consider Pogba to be an upgrade over Kroos is because he 'can' be a defensive midfielder. I know that at the beginning of his career that he played that position for a bit. He could play Case's position if he gets injured or suspended. I suppose so could Kroos but he's very very weak at it because that's not his natural position.

Not only all that, but Pogba is excellent going forward, too. He can actually carry the ball forward like Modric which is something that Kroos never does. He'd rather just pick a pass.

How anybody can say that Pogba isn't an upgrade over Kroos is amazing to me. I mean, we actually have people saying that they know better than all of the World experts, judges, players, pundits, market value adjusters and etc.

Come on fellas, just look at their value at transfermarkt. Pogba is rated much higher, and this following Kroos' CL winning season, which normally raises the value of all the players. Not to mention the fact that he's a World Cup winner, a two time CL winner, and countless other trophies. Meanwhile Pogba is 'relatively' new to this stage

And who was it that ridiculously said Pogba will end up like James?

Even on current form, James would easily get into the starting 11 in any team in the World. He's an amazing player, just unlucky that he's battling Modric for the spot, who is in the prime of his career. There's no player out that could take his spot from the starting 11.

Kroos is a different player and Zidane is wise enough to recognize the need for a CDM, which makes Case's place a necessity.

If we buy Pogba, we should probably sell two of Kroos, Isco, or James. Not because we need the money but simply because they won't get much playing time even if we do challenge for 4-5 trophies next year.

By the way, I don't know if you guys are aware, Pogba's agent has announced that he's started negotiations with Real Madrid. On top of that, Pogba has chosen not to renew his contract for his house. So all sounds point to him leaving.

Come on fellas, just look at their value at transfermarkt. Pogba is rated much higher, and this following Kroos' CL winning season, which normally raises the value of all the players. Not to mention the fact that he's a World Cup winner, a two time CL winner, and countless other trophies. Meanwhile Pogba is 'relatively' new to this stage

And who was it that ridiculously said Pogba will end up like James?

By the way, I don't know if you guys are aware, Pogba's agent has announced that he's started negotiations with Real Madrid. On top of that, Pogba has chosen not to renew his contract for his house. So all points to him leaving.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Amerr30 Like you said, Real don't need the money, I say, try to get the more you can, even if its mean less playing time for them. Pogba to Real would be great for them, thats for sure. He could back up most of the other 3 midfielder but I gotta say that I worry that it could hurt his playing time and his progression. Wonder if he can get a lot better of what he already is. In any case, if what Amerr say is true, then there's a chance that it will happen. I also remember hearing Zidane only wanted one player this year and it was Pogba so don't be suprise if they are ready to spend big money on the lad. I hope things turn out the way you want, Amerr. ;)

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

To be fair, Amerr, we just need to teach James to play defense. James is better than Kroos and will make our team much better as long as he defends as much as Kroos.

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

If you spoiled brats don't want Kroos or Pogba please send them to address at Fulham Stamford Bridge , London , U.K.
Thank you ,

With love Chelsea

Marcus2011 8 years ago

P.S.
You may get a surprise bonus player coming your way . Might be even two surprise players ;)

@Dynastian: Yeah, I see. That sounds simple enough. Just teach a player to defend well enough for a team that plays at the highest level. Who cares that he spent his entire life playing one way, we'll just take a few months and change him completely.

Simple stuff.

I wonder why nobody else has done this.

Good stuff, Dyn! (thumbs up)

• History

@Dynastian: Yeah, I see. That sounds simple enough. Just teach a player to defend well enough for a team that plays at the highest level. Who cares that he spent his entire life playing one way, we'll just take a few months and change him completely.

Simple stuff.

I wonder why nobody else has done this. You're a genius, Dyn! :)

Simple stuff.

I wonder why nobody else has done this.

Good stuff, Dyn! thumbs up

Argjentt 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Kosovo 1 274

Pogba is overrated!

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Actually, Pogba isn't that great at defending, he is playing much more offensive, leaving the midfield open. He is fantastic player going forward, but for a CDM, he wouldn't be my first option.

quikzyy, I don't know if that was directed at me but I never said that my first option would be to use him as a CDM. My point was that he, worse comes to worst, could cover that position. He does defend, and does tackle even when he's fielded as an attacking midfielder. He's an end to end player that defends, runs, tackles, dribbles, passes, and shoots. It's extremely rare to find a player with all these qualities, and that is one of the reasons why he's rated so highly.

He's a complete midfielder, just as Ronaldo is complete forward. Do you understand my meaning?

Sure, some aspects of his game are better and some are worse, but the point is that he has it all almost locked in midfield and at such a young age.

Anybody here that says Kroos is better or he's overrated and etc simply, in my honest opinion, do not know what they're talking about. You can't compare him to Kroos. Kroos is a one dimensional player, there is only a certain subset of skills he has at his disposal. Pogba on the other hand, he's got the whole midfield locked.

To just give you an idea how rare his talent is, we have been trying to develop Isco, Kroos, and many others into multi-dimensional players. Isco has tried very hard to adapt and added defending and tackling to his game but he's still so far off Pogba It always felt forced with Isco, he isn't built for it. He hasn't trained for it at a young age, it's unnatural. We've tried to do the same with Kroos, but he guy just can't defend if his life depended on it. He's blown away like a sack of feathers soon as we faced a team with any strength in the midfield.

At the moment, it's only Casemiro that defends in the midfield. Sure, Kroos and Modric try but they're simply not built for it. Imagine though a midfield with Case, Pogba, and Modric?

I'd be giddy facing Atletico Madrid.

It'd be a thoroughly entertaining midfield battle that we'd come on top in the end.

• History

quikzyy, I don't know if that was directed at me but I never said that I would use him as a CDM also. My point was that he, worse comes to worst, could cover that position. He does defend, and does tackle even when he's fielded as an attacking midfielder. He's an end to end player that defends, runs, tackles, dribbles, passes, and shoots. It's extremely rare to find a player with all these qualities, and that is one of the reasons why he's rated so highly.

He's a complete midfielder, just as Ronaldo is complete forward. Do you understand my meaning?

Sure, some aspects of his game are better and some are worse, but the point is that he has it all and at such a young age.

Anybody here that says Kroos is better or he's overrated and etc simply, in my honest opinion, do not know what they're talking about. You can't compare him to Kroos. Kroos is a one dimensional player, there is only a certain subset of skills he has at his disposal. Pogba on the other hand, he's got the whole midfield locked.

To just give you an idea how rare his talent is, we have been trying to develop Isco, Kroos, and many others into multi-dimensional players. Isco has tried very hard to adapt and added defending and tackling to his game but he's still so far off Pogba. We've tried to do the same with Kroos, but he guy just can't defend if his life depended on it. He's blown away like a sack of feathers soon as we faced a team with any strength in the midfield.

At the moment, it's only Casemiro that defends in the midfield. Sure, Kroos and Modric try but they're simply not built for it. Imagine though a midfield with Case, Pogba, and Modric?

quikzyy, I don't know if that was directed at me but I never said that my first option would be to use him as a CDM. My point was that he, worse comes to worst, could cover that position. He does defend, and does tackle even when he's fielded as an attacking midfielder. He's an end to end player that defends, runs, tackles, dribbles, passes, and shoots. It's extremely rare to find a player with all these qualities, and that is one of the reasons why he's rated so highly.

Sure, some aspects of his game are better and some are worse, but the point is that he has it all and at such a young age.

To just give you an idea how rare his talent is, we have been trying to develop Isco, Kroos, and many others into multi-dimensional players. Isco has tried very hard to adapt and added defending and tackling to his game but he's still so far off Pogba. We've tried to do the same with Kroos, but he guy just can't defend if his life depended on it. He's blown away like a sack of feathers soon as we faced a team with any strength in the midfield.

Sure, some aspects of his game are better and some are worse, but the point is that he has it all almost locked in midfield and at such a young age.

To just give you an idea how rare his talent is, we have been trying to develop Isco, Kroos, and many others into multi-dimensional players. Isco has tried very hard to adapt and added defending and tackling to his game but he's still so far off Pogba It always felt forced with Isco, he isn't built for it. He hasn't trained for it at a young age, it's unnatural. We've tried to do the same with Kroos, but he guy just can't defend if his life depended on it. He's blown away like a sack of feathers soon as we faced a team with any strength in the midfield.

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

That looks like a saucy midfield trio indeed, and would give Real Madrid's playing style a completely different dimension, but let's be honest, Pogba is obviously really talented, but he's overrated. You see all these youtube videos making him look like the best player in the world, but in real life he's half the player. Juve demands something of around € 130 m for him, which is absolutely ridiculous, especially in combination with his wages of around 300k per week. I wouldn't spend more than half of that rumoured sum onhim.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Pogba is nowhere near complete midfielder, just in my honest opinion..

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ancelotti transformed Isco from a sole attacking midfielder to a box-to-box player in little over 5-6 months. I don't understand the disrespect I've gotten over the suggestion that it would be possible to do the same with James. Players are supposed to be adaptable. This is their profession, and if James gives half a sh.it about playing for Real Madrid as a starter and a champion, then he must learn to adapt to what his team needs him to do.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Isco has always been more of a creator than a finisher, while I've always felt that James operated in more of a finishing role. I didn't pay much attention to James before the 2014 World Cup, but I understand that he played right wing instead of central midfield when Porto and Monaco operated without a cam. It's one thing turning a cam into a cm like with Isco, and quite another turning a winger into a pure cm.

Marcus2011 8 years ago

For 130 m . Juventus can go f themselves

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

James is a natural CAM. He's not a natural winger, although he is quite comfortable there. It's like Ronaldo operating as a sole striker. He can do it, but that's not his natural position. James is the same as an CAM. I'm sure he can learn to defend if Isco can do it.

Marcus2011 8 years ago

This brings the major issue to the light !
Transfer caps should be introduced , wage caps should be introduced and fans should get fair treatment like getting good prices on tickets .

Amerr30 8 years ago

@Marcus: I agree. I don't know how they can look at their own faces in the mirror without shame or embarrassment after demanding 130M in transfer fees. I mean come on, there has got to be a limit somewhere. I know if Pogba wanted to stay at Juventus for another year, Juventus' spokesperson would be saying that he's simply not for sale, case closed. There would be no voicing of a transfer fee from their end.

So one would assume that Pogba has asked the Juventus board and his agent to start negotiations.

So a player under contract wants to leave your club, and a there is a club out there that wants him. That is willing to pay more than what he's worth. What do they do? Fucking ask for astronomical fees, just like Tottenham did with Bale. Just like United did with Ronaldo.

UEFA/FIFA has to implement a rule, some sort of a ceiling that'll limit how much money a club can ask for a player.

It shouldn't be like this, if a player wants to leave and a there is a club out there that is willing ti pay for the breach of contract - than that should be that.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@Amer a player can change if he is willing too. We are not talking about complete role change like from forward to attacker, but just making him to adapt a complete midfield role.

Marcelo can play LB and LW, Bale converted from LB to RW to LW, Ramos was a RB now a CB, Mascherano was a Defensive midfielder now a CB, Lahm can play anywhere from defense to midfield and so can Vidal, so why cant James just support the defenders. The only thing to teach is positioning, if he can adapt and react quickly from defending to attacking, thats more than enough for madrid.

Pogba is a really talented kid, but just like @Juan said, he is overrated. He mis passes more than he makes right passes, tries to dribble to much with a less than 50% success, disposes the ball more than often and tactically doesnt fit with our midfield, he wants the ball more than distributing it. One of our problems with isco, he hogs the ball too much, but he is starting to change thankfully.

Pogba needs to sacrifice to be a complete midfielder. Long story short, a good midfielder should think about the team more than the forwards or any other player. He shouldn't care about individual glory cause if you want to play as a midfielder, than he shouldn't think about being the best, cause it just wouldn't work. Iniesta, Busquets, Eriksen, lampard, Scholes, Giggs, Modric, Kroos, Gerrard etc. they all thought about team first, this is why they shine more than others, you dont see skills on youtube about these players with millions of views, yet they are Legends in our eyes.

Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited

@amer

Unlikely that it will happen soon but I believe it will . This can't go on for too long .
@tiki other day Made a good point . Villarreal player going to let's say Malaga will be maybe 5 times less the price on a contrary if he was going abroad to a top club . Same within EPL league . We have players that can transfer from low table team to mid table team for reasonable transfer fee but as soon as big guns come knocking price will sky rocket . I understand small clubs protect themselves this way and get a chance to cash out good but there should be other rules to protect small clubs if they want to keep their valuable players unless player likes to leave .

• History

@amer

Unlikely that it will happen soon but I believe it will . This can't go on for too long .
@tiki other day Made a good point . Villarreal player going to let's say Malaga will be maybe 5 times less the price if he was going abroad to a top club . Same within EPL league . We have players that can transfer from low table team to mid table team for reasonable transfer fee but as soon as big guns come knocking price will sky rocket . I understand small clubs protect themselves this way and get a chance to cash out good but there should be other rules to protect small clubs if they want to keep their valuable players unless player likes to leave .

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Pogba is perfect for Real's marketing.
Kroos is perfect for Real's success.

Perez just keeps tearing them apart.