Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Pogba and Manchester United
_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Pogba... left Manchester United as a promising youngster for nothing, was brought back for a world record fee, did not live up to the high expectations, got into a feud with the manager and rumours has it that he won't stay in the club for long.

Has he turned out to be a disastrous investment for Manchester United or are there any hopes for the future?

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I don't know why he came back to be honest. I think he was hoping for a fairytale return, playing his best football and winning titles every year at United, but he's been wasted for three or so years now, and the mood at the club seems pretty glim, completely different from the national team, that's some insane contrast he's witnessing.

Does he really want to struggle through these times and become a club legend? Is he that kind of guy?

Just hand in the transfer request and go elsewhere, I say.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Pele I wouldn't say it has been a disastrous investment. On the financial issue, according to Deloite Manchester United are the Welthiest club the world. (Now ahead of Barca, RM and Bayern Munich.) It is spare change for them + they can also sell him.

The fact he is a WC winner despite Manchester United winning fk all in the past few years adds pedigree to the club that its still with the big boys.

Lastly, he hasn't been playing that bad from what I've seen especially this season. He's not Messi or Ronaldo he's like Viera was back in the day or a more versatile Yaya Toure. I don't think this is the last we see of Pogba. I feel Mourinho will go first. As a Modern manager stripping a player of the captaincy who has that much power in the dressing room is the wrong approach in this day and age.

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

^ He is not a youngster anymore, and he is more watching himself playing than playing it easy. He costed them lately a goal wanting to do some useless dribbles in front of his defence. Mino Raiola players go for a record fee, with record wages, and tend to be inconsistent and he is not the only one. It is such a waste of talent and potential, such a waste of money. He escapes critics in France because Kante covers him, he should psycologically be able to carry the team as his statue, wages and transfer fee suggest. Actually he cant United are obliged to get another WC DM if they want to keep Drogba on the XI.

His transfer fee will not make him leave United, Unless its PSG who buys him, he is very expensive for a comeback to Juve and Barça cannot have an extra super wage players despite Iniesta departure.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

^ He is not a youngster anymore, and he is more watching himself playing than playing it easy. He costed them lately a goal wanting to do some useless dribbles in front of his defence. Mino Raiola players go for a record fee, with record wages, and tend to be inconsistent and he is not the only one. It is such a waste of talent and potential, such a waste of money. He escapes critics in France because Kante covers him, he should psycologically be able to carry the team as his statue, wages and transfer fee suggest. Actually he cant United are obliged to get another WC DM if they want to keep Drogba on the XI.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited

@Ledley: Just because Man Utd is rich in overall, it doesn't necessarily prevent Pogba from being a poor investment...

@tiki_taka: I meant youngster the first time he was at Man utd, before going to juve.

• History

@Ledley: Just because Man Utd being rich in overall doesn't necessarily prevent Pogba from being a poor investment...

@tiki_taka: I meant youngster the first time he was at Man utd, before going to juve.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

there is hope if there is resilience in him to deal with mourinho's tactics. his comment "attack 3x" is contradictory given how france are defensive team in the world cup and relied on great counter attacks yet he played well for france. I think looking at how man utd's manager recruitment, I think mou will stay until the end of the season, before sacking at worst case. thinking of moving? no big teams need midfield atm except psg. why would barca need him, they have arthur, vidal, busquets, rakitic, coutinho. the reason there are rumours about him wanting out at the first place is because of mourinho not man utd. jokingly saying, if man utd is coached by arsene wenger today, I don't think pogba wants out. the relationship between the talisman and gaffer has gone sour that the club has to pay the price. so the question to united fans should be pogba or mourinho?

SarriBall 6 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Jose and Pogba in the training. He told him Get Out. Typical Mourinho's 3rd season failure at any club, falling out with one of the top players in the team.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago

His player management is dubious

SarriBall 6 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

But honestly Pogba's ego is as big as Mourinho's, except Mourinho is his boss so I'm not sure what is going on in that video. It's as if Pogba not willing to take the blame for doing a mistake giving Wolves the ball that led to the equalizer. Mourinho told him he will never be the captain at Utd ever again.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@SarriBall Personally, I understand Mou but at the same time, I think its not the good way to deal with Pogba. I think its harsh to remove him from vice-captain position because he actually did pretty good in the first few games. :(

@baldgenius How funny it would be if United were managed first by the former Chelsea manager and immediatly after by the former Arsenal manager. :P

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@emo lol, funny but would be a heartbreak for gooners.

DannyZeek 6 years ago
5 31

Pogba and Manchester United

???

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

swap with Ramsey plz

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I saw this the other day. Some good insight into Mourinho, his trainings, player management etc. compared to other Chelsea managers from JT's time. Starts from 0:10. The Lamps/Stevie/Scholes but comes later so you can disregard the title.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Baldgenius For sure.

@quikzyyy Am I the only one who actually like Ramsey at Arsenal? I mean, I can seriously see the guy being converted into something of a more attacking role or as super sub.

@tuan I remember that. And yeah, it was pretty bad then but its even worse now. :(

• History

@Baldgenius For sure.

@quikzyyy Am I the only one who actually like Ramsey at Arsenal? I mean, I can seriously see the guy being converted into something of a more attacking role or as super sub.

Ledley 6 years ago

Na emo he looks pretty good the way Emery had him in the pocket last game. I mean thats Ozils spot.

Ledley 6 years ago

And that Pogba clip with Mourinho is rotten. That is just toxic for any club

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It is dead rotten. If Sir Alex had been here, this bloody utter crap would have had been flushed down the toilet long time ago.

We have been a laughing stock to others for a while now, almost to Arsenal level :D

Ledley 5 years ago

We have been a laughing stock to others for a while now, almost to Arsenal level

You got a fair bit to go.