Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Pogba and Manchester United
_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Pogba... left Manchester United as a promising youngster for nothing, was brought back for a world record fee, did not live up to the high expectations, got into a feud with the manager and rumours has it that he won't stay in the club for long.

Has he turned out to be a disastrous investment for Manchester United or are there any hopes for the future?

Comments
the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@tuan now you mention it, I hope the board went for a meeting with Sir Alex, as of now there is only 3 way cycle,
pogba<->mourinho<->woodward.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

United made the same mistake with Pogba that Paris did with Neymar - gave him too much freedom and power, and let him believe himself to be better and more important than he actually is. Pogba genuinely believes himself to be one of the best players in the world but doesn't put in half the effort of a De Bruyne or Modric. Moreover, he feels that he's bigger than the club... so would a top club like Juve or Barcelona risk purchasing him now with all that baggage?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Nah, but I recon the team that will move for him will be Real next summer in hope he can replace Modric. (joke) :P

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I would like to bring this to my fellow United brothers and sisters's attention. Carragher just laid some disgusting sprint stats against us. This indicates how lazy and disappointing our players are under Mourinho, and it's got to change:

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Ppl keep blaming Mou, and although he is responsible for the poor form there is something that needs to be highlighted. A couple of Man Utd players have gone through quite a few managers and are still part of an unsuccessful trend. In my ears that sounds like a big part of the responsibility also falls on the players themselves... and not solely on the coach

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Ppl keep blaming Mou, and although he is responsible for the poor foem there is something that needs to be highlighted. A couple of Man Utd players have gone through quite a few managers and are still part of an unsuccessful trend. In my ears that sounds like a big part of the responsibility falls on the players themselves... and not solely on the coach

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Ughh, I blame Mou a lot, but sacking him is NOT a good move. He's building things up now.

The players with that much earn are as the matter of fact getting more and more rotten. Lazy, swaggy, probably doesn't respect or work on the coach's plan... then the coach can't do much. Im not sure if that the case, but it looks that way

10 1583

I agree with you all, overhyping the issue with mou. and I don't understand the media are trying to force zidane as the next manager what? it doesn't even make sense. lol, there is even a hq cartoon potraying mou which is funny.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

RMC Sport: Mourinho has already lost the dressing room and his days at Old Trafford are numbered.

players don't want to play his defensive style, same thing as already happened with his Chelsea 2nd spell, why would you be surprised? but if United sack him he will once again get nice bunch of cash and can just chill for a while.

Has anyone been sacked 3 times in EPL?

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Has anyone been sacked 3 times in EPL?

I can only think of one anyone’s else? This ones a stinker!:

Sam Allardyce. (Bolton, Blackburn, Newcastle)

expertfootball11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

So, Click Google instead of asking stupid questions, click Google and try to find :D

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Mou has his wrongs but did you see what players they offer him each transfer window ??? Lindelof or Djogo ?? What is this ?? Mou predicted this before the start of the season just before the deadline. A bunch of good players that doesn’t have « yet «  a big mentality cannot deal with United pressure nor pressure that Mou puts on his stars.
They are the actors, they won today somehow but 0-2 at 20th vs Newcastle ? Despite Matic big marking mistake in the throw in who costed 2nd goal, he is the only mid winning yards on the field, Pogba is supposed to be faster but he doesn’t put enough effort in my eyes. United right now need a CB, Mou style like Godin, they need a RB since Valencia killed himself by liking a thread about Mou sacking, they need a real DM pairing with Mata to let Pogba space and less defensive work he is unable to do. And finally they need an engine and I believe Sanchez can do it. He should get a tactic adapted to his qualities.

For me Pogba = Ozil.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

*Pairing with Matic not Mata.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

For me Pogba = Ozil.

lul

A lot of the frustration that goes into Pogba is that he looks as though he doesn't give a f*ck half the time. When he's actually putting in the sprints, putting in the tackles, and so on - we get what we got tonight, a MOM performance. He was literally playing as a CB for large parts of that second half as well. We've all seen it. For France, and too infrequently for United. But it's obviously there. Comparing him to Ozil, especially the Ozil of the last 5 or so years, is to miss all of that.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of this is tactics. But considering the amount of effort on the managerial side that has gone into making Pogba the centerpiece of United, he has to hold a share of that blame as well.

United made the same mistake with Pogba that Paris did with Neymar - gave him too much freedom and power, and let him believe himself to be better and more important than he actually is. Pogba genuinely believes himself to be one of the best players in the world but doesn't put in half the effort of a De Bruyne or Modric. Moreover, he feels that he's bigger than the club... so would a top club like Juve or Barcelona risk purchasing him now with all that baggage?

Correct on all counts. As for the last question, absolutely. Juventus didn't want to part with him the first place, and Barca has been sniffing around ever since he got here.

10 1583

there is a way to change mourinho tho.
step1, concede goals
step2, subbed in all attacking reinforcement
step3, chase the game all out

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@thebaldgenius Thats actually true. Actually, if De Gea is smart, he might be leaving some goal in on purpose to force Mou to go on the offensive in order to keep Pogba and company happy. De Gea is taking the bullet for all of United people. :U

celsolewis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 2 211

Honestly I blame Ed Woodward for the disgrace in the club.. That guy is only make as priority making money for the owner.
Since the depart of David Gill the club made more money as ever but as been a complete disgrace sportly.. For me the board are to blame for the majority of the problem..
I do not think any other manager would do better at this time..

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@celsolewis Fair point, it would be hard to deal with thing no matter what kind of manager you are. Still would love to see a manager more similar to sir Alex in term of gameplan... I mean, attacking is in United blood and look how better they look when they are chassing the game? Imagine they played like that from the start.