Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Player ratings for the highlight section
decentK 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

Just thought it would more than fantastic to put a voting system in the highlights where you can vote for player ratings for every single player. And then you could see the avg of all the votes after many ppl have voted.

In the squad map that there is currently, you could maybe just click the player's name and vote from 0-10 or 4-10.

A VERY briefly explained, go on and ask if it was too unclear.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Just thought it would more than fantastic to put a voting system in the highlights where you can vote for player ratings for every single player. And then you could see the avg of all the votes after many ppl have voted.

In the squad map that there is currently, you could maybe just click and vote from 0-10 or 4-10.

A VERY briefly explained, go on and ask if it was too unclear.

Comments
raimondo90 8 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

In principle its a very good idea, but most people dont really watch games and judge either on bias or what they see on the highlights.

I can just see trolls rating Ronaldo and Messi 1 just to lower their rating and etc.

If they were to implement ratings, they should just get cooperation from other sites like Whoscored and add those ratings to the players.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Or something like you can only vote for the team you're supporting, but that would be very complicated to code.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ronaldo is guaranteed a low rating every single game considering he is one of the most hated players in the world. This is a nice idea, but it is not ideal because there's too many trolls or biased football fans.

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Great that you guys get it :P. I did not think of the trolling side, only same team fans or atleast only registered users can vote would atleast help it. But on the other hand I couldn't vote on for example La Liga games... which I'd love to..

Again I would love it so much.. but considering what you guys said it seems to be impossible to make it right, you just can't stop trolls and biased fans :/

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

or maybe footyroom would provide ratings of each player in a single match based on a reliable website.. dont know where or what sites are reliable for ratings though.. the idea of adding ratings for each player based on their performance on the game is terrific and i would like to see that on highlight section.. kinda like what u see after a game in fifa 15 or fifa 16 where they show ratings for each player..

shpalman 8 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

^ "maybe footyroom would provide ratings of each player in a single match based on a reliable website"
so, not Goal.com

@DecentK, the idea is nice *"*only registered users can vote" and this would indeed help. to avoid abuses, it could be done in the way that only registered users who are members since x-time and with x-amount of posts can vote.
it could be also made simpler and just vote for the MOTM, and like Goal does, best/worst player for each club. so 5 names in total.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Half the problem with this idea is that the reason people are here watching the highlights is because they quite literally didn't watch the game. Most are here simply to troll, out of 200 comments, usually only about 10-20 are relevant and reasonable. I don't see why that ratio would change with a voting system.

Example: Top Class/Lucky/Poor rating. If any "perceived" good team loses, they will always get a poor rating, irrelevant of the game they actually played.

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Yes there are trolls, but if we can't have faith in people voting sensibly, or at least slightly sensibly, then what has the world come to....

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

This is great idea. You know what to prevent troll? It's show the simple list of the voters lolzzz... :D:D:D, I wouldn't mind if I click to view the voters and it takes sometimes to load, cuz it can reach to thousands votes sometime

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

" who are members since x-time and with x-amount of posts can vote."

Yep, a very good example too.

Don't know though, footyroom need to address it the way they want, not sure if it's even easy to make. So far footyroom have done some very major additions to this shite ;-P

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

"Just thought it would more than fantastic to put a voting system in the
highlights where you can vote for player ratings for every single
player. And then you could see the avg of all the votes after many ppl
have voted."

Good idea but considering the "who will score system" and how people miss-use it, I'm not sure it will be very effective.. Perhaps only fans of the team should be able to vote for their players? Then again, the bias comes in.. Have a system that prevents users who always vote badly for a team perhaps?

Gennady 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United 284 3961

How about everyone will vote for their Man of the Match

• It's much more simple than "voting for all the players"
  • It takes less time to do, because you only vote for one player
  • and it's pretty simple for FootyRoom to create

For example, even if I watch the whole match, why would I want to waste an extra minute of my life giving a low rating for players who I think played a bad game, when I can just vote for ONE player who played the best. Also, you will be able to see other people's opinions, for example Ronaldo was given 100 votes as man of the match, 2nd place Messi who got 95 votes, third place Ramos who got 80 votes, fourth, Neymar who got 75 votes... this way you will know who performed well based on votes from other people.

Good?

• History

How about everyone will vote for their Man of the Match

• It's much more simple than "voting for all the players"
  • It takes less time to do, because you only vote for one player
  • and it's pretty simple for FootyRoom to create

For example, even if I watch the whole match, why would I want to waste an extra minute of my life giving a low rating for players who I think played a bad game, when I can just vote for ONE player who played the best. Also, you will be able to see other people's opinions, for example Ronaldo was given 100 votes as man of the match, 2nd place Messi who got 95 votes, third place Ramos who got 80 votes, fourth, Neymar who got 75 votes... this way you will know who performed well basted on votes from other people.

Good?

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Gennady: Sounds good to me

FootyRoom 8 years ago
36 175

Thanks for suggestions everyone!

We decided to go with MOTM voting for the reasons Gennady listed. Depending on the success of it we may introduce best/worst player for each team and later on individual ratings.

This feature is planned but not yet scheduled.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

spot on @Gennady

decentK 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

@footyroom Thank you.

"Depending on the success of it we may introduce best/worst player for
each team and later on individual ratings."

This sounds very good. Let's go step by step, so you guys could track if it goes too far. You guys are awesome.

• History

@footyroom Thank you.

"Depending on the success of it we may introduce best/worst player for each team and later on individual ratings."

This sounds very good. Let's go step by step, so you guys could track if it goes too far. You guys are awesome.

shpalman 8 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Gennady

wrote the same thing exactly 17 days ago, voting for motm it's the best way.
enter image description here

• History

@Gennady

Gennady 8 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Ohh alright, cool!

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

"Worst player" would bring unnecessary attention and hatred to certain players. I'm not convinced this is a good idea. Completely agree with the MOTM, though. That one's a great idea.

JimBleedsArsenal 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 3 691

yea man ive been thinking tat for a long time too.............u can only vote for the team that u support