{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

penalties received by PL teams in past 2 seasons
quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

enter image description here

Comments
ArgjentD 4 years ago
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

Well i'm not suprised tbh, we all know that Man.Utd is buying refs. Without them they would end up in 10th-13th place

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Was wondering when this would show up here. r/soccer has had a hard-on for this stat for about a month now.

Most everyone understands that 23/25 of these pens were super obvious and no one contests that. The more vocal point has been about that United gets obvious PKs called, and other teams don't always. This does hold some merit, the problem then is not of course with United, but with the treatment that many other teams receive.

I'm aware of my bias' on this. But you're going to have a tough time convincing me that United have been getting PK's awarded unfairly, statistical aberration aside. With so many of the pens as obvious as they were, I'd be more concerned if United had 10 or 11, because it would mean that they were being greatly DISadvantaged.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Maybe someone can post all 25 pk's, with all the angles possible, so that we can jointly review them? As a forum group, we can all discuss which ones are legit or not. Of course, it will be opinion by members, but wouldn't it be no matter what anyways? haha

Given how much I hate divers or players who look to take advantage of the Refs, I do feel I can be fair with my review.

Anyone up to put in that work? :P

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty Hum, that would be complicated me think because you would need to find footage of those games in first place which isn't that easy once they been done for more than a month.

However, I do think United isn't the problem and on the contrary, its the other team not getting enough penality. How many time have I seen Arsenal not been given a penality that sincerely looked like it was deserved.

I'm gonna be honest, teams that playstyle focus on playing inside the surface and teams that have technical and fast player will alway have an advantage in term of penalty so obviously United got that on their side. But I think ref in England have a very hard time calling a pen.

Its a good thing at time since we obviously don't want the PL to become a diving fest, but now that we have VAR, the ref shouldn't have excuse for not reviewing some of the incident in the box.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'll try to get to all these penalties in the week, however I think this was summed up with latest penalty for Bruno Fernandes, which was absolute joke.

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quikzyyy Lol, that one was, to be honest, I seem to remember most of the others i've seen were legit though.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy Lol, that one was, to be honest, all of other i've seen were legit though.

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Been watching EPL since 1998. One group of fans that always never been bothered by how their team wins games are United fans. They don't give F*CK AT ALL!! LOL

You can show them all the facts, video replays, FA favoritism and stats of how many referee decisions went unfairly their way, and they will still find a way to argue it. You can take them to the court, have top judges with most unbiased jury to verdict all the allegations against United as true, they will still say: " no corrupt courts...it was a fair victory, f*ck all of you and Glory United".

I genuinely admire their pure to the bone dedication and loyalty to their club. They are like a mother that believes her son can do no wrong. Yet, I am often conflicted wether this all is fueled by fanaticism as well as deep love to their club to close their eyes and defend it all the time, or just pure sheer incompetence in laws of football, lack of sight and stupidity. I think it is both.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

United is billion dollar club listed on NASDAQ, ofcourse dodgy decisions will go their way. They need to be back in CL. Their brand can't continue to be out of CL football. It is also good for EPL TV ratings to have most decorated football club of England back in title competition and European cup.

Also, take into consideration that it is a big club, so referees often favor big clubs especially in close calls. Those stats clearly show that other big clubs got many penalties in their favor. Well, except Arsenal.

There should be also stats how many favorable decisions went against and for the teams. I would like to see those because VAR has been really screwing with the league! I haven't see so many ridiculously wrong decisions in EPL in a very long time. They are blatantly fixing matches and all media does is to give them benefit of the doubt. Get out! Those commentators and pundits are glorified cowards. Except for Roy Keane, because that man is UNITED man and he doesn't give F*CK unless it is his team :D

DarthFooty 4 years ago Edited

Watched the highlights of the AV vs Man Utd and agree, the PK on Bruno was soft. His own momentum took him into the Villa player.

Not a PK in my opinion.

Watched the match against Bournemouth and both those PKs (One of Man Utd, one BM) were good calls.

23 pks to go. lol

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Watched the highlights of the AV vs Man Utd and agree, the PK on Bruno was soft. His own momentum took him into the Villa player.

Not a PK in my opinion. That's one down, 24 more to look for. haha

iHEARTfootball 4 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Lol. Whether you think our penalty calls were of certain motivation, it doesn't even matter. Nothing else to say but wish you nothing but warmth while you're shivering down there at 9th place, along with Kolasinac and Luiz.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus Hey Marcus, good to see! :D As for what you are saying... Well I personally don't agree.

I think generally most of the fans of every teams will find excuse at almost everything if it make their team look better in their eyes. United is not different from the other. Personally, something that also played a role for me in all those pen is the huge pressure Mourinho gave while he was there because he was getting very little PK in his first year at United.

I think people need to understand referee are human like the rest of us and can be influenced by many different factor. Some penality might be 50-50 at time. Other time, it shouldn't happen and it does.

If we are alway's seeing corruption everywhere, how are we going to enjoy that game?

DarthFooty 4 years ago

With VAR, the Ref should have a refined, bias approach. He will get to see the situation from all angles they can provide, and at the end of the day, it was VAR to decide the call. Now, if the ruling is from those in the VAR office or the actual Ref, that is up for debate.

Here in the states, for MLS, VAR is the consensus Ref of the match. The three on the pitch are the assistants, one runs around with a whistle and gets the joy of being screamed at by everyone.

I know it is not really that far, but in some cases, it sure feels that way. Same with some calls in EPL, La Liga, Ect....

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'll try to get to all these penalties in the week, however I think this was summed up with latest penalty for Bruno Fernandes, which was absolute joke.

For the record: Bruno vs Villa, and James vs. Norwich I think were the two that were bad, the rest were all pretty straightforward instances.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

Playing United always sucks because you have to beat two teams. Yesterday, diving from United has reached another level. If FA is about fair game then they should use VAR to punish teams/ players for unfair advantages gained by diving.

Emo

Everyone was somewhat afraid of Sir Alex or just United has powerful friends. Term Fergie time didn’t come out of nothing. Referees would give some very good time for United often to pull late wins. This isn’t conspiracy talk. It is established fact.

I think people need to understand that refrees have gone even worse. They don’t control the game nor do they have much authority anymore. Matches are being fixed in front of our eyes. I don’t want that kind of football.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

That Fernandes dive against Chelsea was so pathetic, what has happened to the WE ARE GOIGN TO PUNISH CHEATERS?

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Well, considering referee at least, I agree, I know they are human and stuff but to me, I have a hard time believing their mistake ratio is under 3% like some research say they are. Its certainly true that they cannot seem to all agree on how to act based on certain case as it happen way too often that refs treat the same or similar situation differently.

As for matches being fixed, I rather believe its not the case even if it was true. Its not that I'm dumb and don't know its possible but I'd rather believe desperatly it isn't so because if I didn't, I fear it would be too hard for me to watch game anymore. :S

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Nothing to see here @quikzzy

Marcus2011 4 years ago

Here is the author of the article. Lol come on now!

enter image description here

ashwin1729 4 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Marcis: Just because its a Manchester correspondent doesn't alter facts. Each of the penalties and their matches are in that link. Go look at the link, find their video online and give us you feedback of which of those penalties you disagree.