Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ozil retire from international football.
Comments
quikzyyy 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

It's not like Germany will miss him let's be honest.

trueenter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It's not like Germany will miss him let's be honest.

Im waiting..

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Still a pretty damn shame it gone that far. Racism got no place in football. :(

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

" recent years Europe has become more racist and right-wing oriented"

where do you get that from? Have you seen the recent immigration crisis? The right wings have more noise does not mean Europe becomes more racist... It's a huge statement to make.

• History

" recent years Europe has become more racist and right-wing oriented"

where do you get that from?

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

He was the best player but gets all the blame, he has every reason to be pissed, I also don't like the fact that practically none of the players backed him, except Boateng and Podolski. And those guys aren't even full german. I feel for Gondogan too. When Ozil has a bad game for Arsenal i don't even need to say anything, just because that job is done X10.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

The germans (or some of them) are acting like the worst losers out there. I thought they were better than blaming each other, raging, making racist insinuations... every day I'm reading about something new. Not even the Italians who failed miserably to qualify to the wc made such a big mess out of their failure.

Greatone 6 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

the germans have come to expect that the team will always perform no matter what, so they are shocked, but the worst thing is that WHERE ARE HIS TEAM MATES?!! its the DFB which is being retarded, this whole thing shouldve been handled behind closed doors, but now its in the open, why have none of his team mates in the national team made any public statements defending him? are they so spineless that they are too afraid of being benched instead of standing up together?

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited

Ironically Sane did say that "Ozil needs space". Why is Sane talking of all people ;)))

• History

Ironically Sane did saying thay "Ozil needs space". Why is Sane talking of all people ;)))

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Mass immigration certainly creates hostile attitude towards any foreigners and players with foreign roots. I understand it fully, and in fact I believe that excessive immigration and aggressive politics of far left are the reasons why far right wings are on the rise. However, football is a separate issue and singling out footballer out of everyone as if he the sole reason for defeat is exactly kind of attitude that germans stereotypically known for.

WW1 defeat = blame it on the jws . WW2 war blame it on the jws and defeat in it blame it on the allies or like Htlr on his generals or his generals blamed H*tler.

Funny part to me is that Germans were defeated in Moscow again and French won in Moscow again. Can't make this stuff up haha

Marcus2011 6 years ago

And holly crap footy room... is typing j*w offensive on here? This is another reason why far right groups rise because of as they call "snowflake" and political correctness behavior that has gotten to the point of complete idiocy. Sad times.

You are right that it is exaggerated. But the reason behind censorship is people abusing such words in the first place. Political correctness is not bad, it is made to look bad by people exaggerating its usage.

• History

You are right that it is exaggerated. But the reason behind censorship is people abusing such words. Political correctness is not bad, it is made to look bad by people exaggerating its usage.

expertfootball11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

It is sad that this decision was motivated partially by the racism thing... When we "purged" the 2010 team we did purge a bunch of black players (Abidal, Gallas, Evra...), we did it cause they were a dosgrace to the team and country not because of the colour of their skin...

Marcus2011 6 years ago Edited

You didn't purge the main idiot which was the manager of the team. The manager supposed to manage the players and not simply punish disobedient players due his incompetence to step a team. No player goes to World Cup and starts sht out of nothing. There was half the team that revolted and probably more that didn't voice their opinion. He was complete disgrace and unfit to manage. Only reason why he stayed as manager was because of reaching final of 2006 which honestly was on Zidanes shoulders. Zidane was player manager and entire team had huge respect to him.

• History

You didn't purge the main idiot which was the manager of the team. The manager supposed to manage the players and not simply punish disobedient players due his incompetence to step a team. No player goes to World Cup and starts sht out of nothing. He was complete disgrace and unfit to manage. Only reason why he stayed as manager was because of reaching final of 2006 which honestly was on Zidanes shoulders. Zidane was player manager and entire team had huge respect to him.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

The problem with France in 2010 was not that simple, one of the most f*cked up and messy situation in a national team start from all corners, mostly player and the manager...

There were boiling issue with the country too (and up till now) with immigration, racism etc ... (well lost of countries have that, but very little has broken out in the WC like France's squad did). The football association board members were quite clueless.

In 2006 saying it was on Zidan's shoulder only were unfair... simply over stated. From 2006 - 2010, thing changed, player changed, football world changed, chances that the coach and the team screwed it up is pretty normal.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Mass immigration certainly creates hostile attitude towards any foreigners and players with foreign roots. I understand it fully, and in fact I believe that excessive immigration and aggressive politics of far left are the reasons why far right wings are on the rise

Racist Europe on the rise - you blame someone else for bad actions and statements from people that are clearly wrong, nice try but it doesn't work.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

@tuan

Didn't they ask Zidane to comeback from retirement while they were on the verge of not qualifying to WC? Football is a team sport and Zidane didn't win it on his own but boy did he influence the team. Eventually success of the French team under leadership of Zidane was the reason why manager somehow got so much credit that he stayed another 4 years even though he had disastrous campaign in 2008 and then to no ones surprise 2010. Players never liked him and he never had full support of the group. French dressing room reminds of Chelsea dressing room; so many leaders and quality players that need one outstanding player that they respect more than their egos to follow and get results.That man was Zidane.

@golazo

Mass immigration is the problem. Flow of people coming in at such a fast pace without giving a chance to previous immigrants to fully integrate creates districts of heavily populated and uneducated ghettos that locals have grown tired of. Racism is on the rise because it is human nature to resist and keep their own culture although cultures have always evolved into new cultures by direct contact with other cultures.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@Marcus: well said in the last statement. Cant say it better

French situation was too many big egos with no sense for teamwork. And then there is always people trying to make cheap shots of the situation. Yes and Domenech was a really bad coach for the team.

• History

French situation was too many big egos with no sense for teamwork. And then there is always people trying to make cheap shots of the situation.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Racism is on the rise because it is human nature to resist and keep their own culture although cultures have always evolved into new cultures by direct contact with other cultures.

No it is really not, unless you are a racist of course.
Switching the blame from racists, it's very shortsighted to blame everything and everyone else and to try so hard to switch the blame to innocent people, one of which is Özil himself, it was fine when he played well but as soon as Germany loses he is a no-good immigrat that was suddenly "always" bad...

I expected more from you, buying into the cheap, low iq right wing propaganda shows you need a lot more experience in life, people that openly spread hate and search for anyone to put the blame on show their weak state of mind, like I said Turkish people in Germany, along with Polish are one of the big immigration groups, that has been the case for the past 20-30 years it didn't become a fact yesterday, but the rise of racists did happen and now even you fell for their weak rethoric.

Clash of cultures doesn't mean that being a racist is the solution, when you grow older you will understand this.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

Golazo

To carry constructive argument and seem educated on this subject as a grown up, one doesn't need act like a child by calling your debater as a child. You must be far leftist or at least you just sound like one to me. I won't speculate further.

I for once don't associate myself with any party or movement because they alienate me from being ambigious on what I perceive as acceptable in the society. I don't fall for any tricks not leftist nor right. To me both have agenda to stir the pot. I believe that some things I am liberal about and some things I am of conservative opinion, but don't call me centrist because I am not that neiether. I am liberal about immigration but it should be done correctly instead of creating chaos and hatred in the community. Therefore, I am conservative understanding the human nature to preserve their old way of living or culture they have become accustomed to. To change ones mind about integrating new cultures or people, one shouldn't force them but patiently allow these people to accept new people themselves of course if the new people are embracing their new home.

When irish immigrants came to America, they lived side by side with many different nationalities and they were not loved at all. Especially, they didn't get alone with Italians although they were of the same religion and both with similar values. Ironically as they hated each other locals hated them both too. It took 100 years before they were fully acccepted as fully integrated part of the community. Do you expect Europe that was always nationalistic and ethnocentric ( i dont mean in a bad way) to fully accept mass ( possible 100k a year) immigrants who come from completely different civilization with different values and ideology in matter of 20-30 years? It will take couple of generations if not more. It is bound to create tensions and same would have been he case if Europeans were moving into Middle East in mass.

Solution is not racism to these issues. I oppose racism. Solution is too coordinate the flow. There is certainly benefits of brininging immigrants but all in balance not flooding the entire city districts who live amongst themselves and don't communicate with locals.

Also another main solution is stop waging wars in developing countries. Stop destroying their homes, economies and interfering into their political affairs otherwise Europe will continue to bare consequences of their irresponsible behavior in search of short term benefit.

Think clear, don't get emotional. I understand immigration is an issue for illegals Mexicans and latinos too who are being rounded up right now in USA. You should ask yourself why. Maybe because there are millions of Mexicans and latinos who still hasn't integrated fully and top come to the country illegally affecting the wage market. So should Americans ask why these Mexicans are coming to USA? Maybe because CIA is involved in narco trafficking, Americans demand for drugs that fuel cartels violence and US meddling into Mexican politics to keep that country depended satélite? I can only speculate. Plenty of reasons why USA is creating problem for themselves but in the end it is the people not the govenments who clash with each other and they are the ones who suffer. Therefore maybe it is time for people to become a bit more rational even though that is very hard to do, I believe minority like you and I can do that.

On the Mesut matter I agree, because the guy rejected turkey and played for Germany all his life,but this isn't how you treat star that many German Turks are looking up to. They are probably watching this and thinking that even a man like Ozil who is first generation has done everything to integrate, invested and helped his country where he was born and raised but still being rejected based on his heritage and dirty politics.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

To carry constructive argument and seem educated on this subject as a grown up, one doesn't need act like a child by calling your debater as a child.

If I had thought that you were not younger than me, I would have responded differenlty but since I'm still sure that you really are a young individual I prefer to see you as if you weren't fully aware of the whole issue and took a simple escape-type solution from someone else, mostly because I prefer to give you a benefit of a doubt and play down some of your words that in other circles would be seen as very condesending and wrong, so by saying that you still need to grow up is a way for me to give you a benefit of a doubt because there are actual older people, older than both you and me, that fully blame all of the possible problems on immigrants and if I thought you were older than me or old as some of those people I would have responded dofferently but I believe that you have enough time to see the world in a different light.

But my statement of "you will see when you grow up" is not ideal, even so it's meant to somehow make you push a break somewhere in your mind and I hope that it didn't do the opposite, if I made you more stubborn because of my words I take them back because I would prefer that you become more open minded.

I don't fall for any tricks not leftist nor right.

From your initial comments where you clearly don't want to condemn racists and try to shift the blame towards someone else, it showed that you indeed fell for a very simple far right trick, and there is no way to deny it, it really is your opinion that racists are not the wrong ones but the people that somehow "make them racist" are the main reason why all of this happens - that is what you said and that opinion is not a default opinion that a normal citizen would say in public surrounded by all types of people, you get what I mean I don't need to fully explain this it's obvious.

one shouldn't force them but patiently allow these people to accept new people themselves of course if the new people are embracing their new home.

My own example of being on this forum only, has shown that it's not easy to accept another person here, you have also had instances where nobody was forcing you to do anything but even so you were not accepting someone else, so if this virtual thing is hard enough, you can be sure that it's way harder for real families to start a new life in a new country anywhere in the world, even so you can be sure that most just want a better life.

Do you expect Europe that was always nationalistic and ethnocentric ( i dont mean in a bad way) to fully accept mass ( possible 100k a year) immigrants who come from completely different civilization with different values and ideology in matter of 20-30 years?

I'm fully aware that it was hard for the Irish,Italians,blacks and other minorities to be fully accepted in the US and that till this day it's hard for some.
This view makes me fully believe that even if the US has had a lot problems overall throughout the years, that Europe is still more racist but just more subtle. In Europe it doesn't matter even if you're for example white, for some you are not white enough, or your hair color is not blonde enough, or your last name is not local enough...

The point I want to make is that the leaders of EU clearly made some questionable decisions in the past 2 years regarding the mass-immigration - but people knowing that still don't turn to their own leaders and the people that make decisions,
instead they focus their negative energy and insecurity to the people that just came to their country, those people are in large numbers dissapointed that their own houses and lives were destroyed and now they are held accountable for being told that they can move to "a better place", if your house was destroyed and then some strangers told you that you are welcomed in a far away place to start over, only to discover that once you walked half a continent that the people there actually prefer you more dead than becoming a part of their society, do you think that you would accept that new place easier or harder?
The answer is obvious.

Solution is not racism to these issues. I oppose racism. Solution is too coordinate the flow. There is certainly benefits of brininging immigrants but all in balance not flooding the entire city districts who live amongst themselves and don't communicate with locals.

I fully agree with you and it makes me much more happy that you have a developed opinion like this that washes away any possible misunderstandings.