Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ole sacked
_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888

There it is… probably the right decision.

The question is what will happen now? And will Man United ever find a manager that will stay long term? It feels like they’ve been trying to find the ”right” guy since SAF left.

Comments
Gennady 2 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961
iHEARTfootball 2 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Why he never gave Donny a proper chance, I will probably never EVER understand. This sacking was justified in a million ways but as a fan, I could argue that he's been the best manager we've had since Fergie. Yes, we didn't win any trophies, but we were at least consistently competing for it. CONSISTENTLY. That was something we didn't have with Mourinho, LVG, and Moyes.

Ole also brought me back that winning mentality feeling for a few seasons too, and made me hope again. That's something I would give credit to Ole for. This season didn't work out for him unfortunately, but hell, he absolutely can compete with the best, with the right group and players..

EDIT: If I were to rank Post-Fergie managers, Ole takes my number 1 pick:

1. Ole
  2. Mourinho
  3. LVG
  4. Moyes

ThanksOle

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Why he never gave Donny a proper chance, I will probably never EVER understand. This sacking was justified in a million ways but as a fan, I could argue that he's been the best manager we've had since Fergie. Yes, we didn't win any trophies, but we were at least consistently competing for it. CONSISTENTLY. That was something we didn't have with Mourinho, LVG, and Moyes.

Ole also brought me back that winning mentality feeling for a few seasons too, and made me hope again. That's something I would give credit to Ole for. This season didn't work out for him unfortunately, but hell, he absolutely can compete with the best, with the right group and players.

_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888

I think Mou was underrated in Man Utd

amir_keal 2 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

There was no way he was surviving after Watford. I agree with Iheartfootball putting Ole as the best manager post Fergie. i think he is too.

SunFlash 2 years ago
USA 19 3260

I think Mou was underrated in Man Utd

He absolutely was not. Ole at first looked so amazing because it was in contrast to Mou.

ashwin1729 2 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Mou's first two years were probably underrated. But his 3rd season was not. If we get anyone other than Zidane, I don't see us doing any better than how we have been doing. United has a title challenging squad. Let's not mistake hiring someone who will under-perform again. Carrick has been unproven- giving him till Dec to find a coach is not a bad idea. Here are the problems:

1. How will Pogba's issue be resolved? I don't see anyone other than Zidane have managed players with big egos. From what I see, we can not accommodate all 3 of Pogba/Donny/Bruno with out either sacrificing a striker or a defensive midfielder. Fred should not even be let anywhere near the team. I see McTominay more as a CB than a CDM. If either Pogba or Donny can play CDM, we can play all 3 without sacrificing anything.
  2. How will the defense shape up? Just a year ago Wan Bissaka and Shaw looked to be poised for really good years. This year, they are garbage. McGuire looked out of sorts since last year- and this year has been shambolic. Bench McGuire, Start McTominay at CB with Varane. See how that works.
  3. How will Ronaldo/Sancho fit into the future? Martial, Sancho,Rashford, Greenwood, Cavani. That's a total of 6 strikers playing for 3 spots. Maybe 4 depending on the formation. I hate to say it, but we never should have gotten Ronaldo. Especially over a CDM. Cavani was giving solid performances, and the team played more cohesive. With Ronaldo, the team seems to be expecting a magical performance from him every game. Honestly, this aspect was the only thing last year that gave us confidence Now we have questions on this too. Thank you Ole.
Algerino 2 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

Why would Zidane leave real madrid for manchester united? I don’t see that happening.

Footy_watch 2 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1861

Zidane isn't the Madrid manager lol.

I would like Zidane to manage psg.

But I am shocked they sacked ole.

• History

Zidane isn't the Madrid manager lol.

I would like Zidane to manage psg.

Pupper 2 years ago
Juventus 0 214

I have a feeling that Poch will be managing United in the summer, after getting sacked by PSG due to an early quarter-final elimination in the CL. Zidane will then take over PSG, where he will win CL in one of his two seasons. He will then proceed on to win the WC with France. Feels like a Zidane simulator at this point lol

I also don't understand why United didn't get Conte when he was available. He's obviously not the perfect fit for United, but he's certainly the best manager they could have signed imo.

Miguel12 2 years ago
Roma 0 1

I am really hopeful about barcelona's new coach.

iHEARTfootball 2 years ago

I have a feeling that Poch will be managing United in the summer, after getting sacked by PSG due to an early quarter-final elimination in the CL. Zidane will then take over PSG, where he will win CL in one of his two seasons. He will then proceed on to win the WC with France. Feels like a Zidane simulator at this point lol
I also don't understand why United didn't get Conte when he was available. He's obviously not the perfect fit for United, but he's certainly the best manager they could have signed imo.

Answer amongst United fans should be clear as day: The Board's Incompetence.

Why did our club and Ole parted ways, despite him signing a new contract, last summer?

Why is our club, despite Carrick being interim manager for now, are considering hiring yet another interim manager for the remainder of this season, with Pochettino being the most favourable candidate? Why Poch of all people? Someone who seems to struggle handling strong egos (don't blame him for that) when we have the likes of Ronaldo and Pogba?

Why are we in this sudden mess now, when we had literally 2 weeks of international football to address this?

The board, the board, the board. Unfortunately you can't throw a chair at the boardroom window to show them our frustation (I wish to God for that to happen), but the players themselves - not all but a few individual - need to have a good hard look at themselves and take accountability for their actions.

Maguire, for example, should step off and take some time out. Fred should conduct his pastoral duties, full-time, for the remainder of this season and let Donny be forced to play.

Matic should kick back and relax in the Matic lounge, which I can argue is pretty much all he's known for at this club.

McTominay should consider playing for England now to realise how much he is behind the first-team. Scotland just doesn't cut it, and I'll bet that even if he plays in the Scottish premiership, there are plenty of CMs that are far better than him.

So many more examples can be addressed but the fact that we have a GOOD ENOUGH squad to challenge for the title and losing against a club like Watford is beyond a god-awful disgrace. This c*nt of a Board needs to put sentimental/brotherhood/lovey-dovey feelings aside now, and consider hiring an elite manager capable of demanding the absolute best out of our players. I hate the club's higher up so much. I can't think straight.

iHEARTfootball 2 years ago

To top it off, this video perfectly illustrates how I'd like to give the Board my two cents in terms of how I feel about their performance as directors of our club. Clip is from Arcane: League of Legends for those who don't know. Good show, highly recommend.

Algerino 2 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

Yes my bad. I forgot its not Zidane. My brain got stuck in the past. I still dont think Zidane will be going to manchester united anyway.

SunFlash 2 years ago
USA 19 3260

No he will not. It appears that it will be Ralf Rangnick (OG gegenpress boy) on a six month interim term with a two year consultancy after.

I like it.

It shows that United are going to get someone permanent in summer (hopefully Ajax's manager), but beyond that it shows that United are going to be setting up a system in the backroom of the club that gives us an identity, transfer policy, and strategy that was so woefully absent before. Much like Chelsea or Barcalona, where the manager matters less than the overall club strategic plan, which seems to be the way forward in the sport today, unless you have Simeone, Pep, or Klopp.

TL:DR: the United board did something that goes beyond the next quarter for the stock prices, and I'm flabbergasted by the competence.

iHEARTfootball 2 years ago Edited

Agree. I think I can now breathe a little with Rangnick coming in rather than yet another popular name in the papers. I was initially prepared to accept that it would've been Poch, but this comes as a nice surprise, and one I can actually see motives behind the board. I support United for its ethos on always striving for longevity, and Rangnick ticks a lot of the credentials, for me. I do hope we go for Ten Haag in the summer.

• History

Agree. I think I can now breathe a little with Rangnick coming in rather than yet another popular name in the papers. I was initially prepared to accept that it would've been Poch, but this comes as a nice surprise, and one I can actually see motives behind the board. I support United for its ethos for longevity, and Rangnick ticks a lot of the credentials, for me. I do hope we go for Ten Haag in the summer.

ashwin1729 2 years ago

I do not want Poch at United. He is not a winner. He is a rich man's Wenger. My vote is for Zidane. United should just pay him what he wants- he has beaten Pep and even Klopp.

SunFlash 2 years ago
USA 19 3260

Lmao Ole beat both Pep and Klopp, that's not a great analogy. Also considering how much Wenger won, and the lack of resources he had for his final years while doing so, that's a bit of a statement.

That said, I don't want Poch either. Ten Haag please.

ashwin1729 2 years ago

Ole has beaten Klopp once in his 3 year spell at United. Lost at least 3-4 games in that same time span. I do not need to remind you about the most recent game. The others were draws. I would not call that beating Klopp. He also has failed to beat Pep in most if not all KO rounds. He did however beat him in league several times. My guess is he has an even record against Pep and a losing record against Klopp. Someone can confirm that.

Although not a great sample size, Zidane has a winning record against Klopp in a KO final and a KO Quarter final from last year.

And I'm surprised no one pointed out that Zidane has never beaten Pep. I thought Zidane's Real beat Pep's Barcelona, but that was Barcelona after Pep quit. Zidane faced Pep last year for the first time, and lost both games in round of 16.

Whether Wenger had resources or not, his teams weren't competing for EPL. Since 2004, Arsenal's highest finish was 2nd - happened only once- the year Foxes won the title. Even then, the point gap between top 2 teams was about 10 points. Removing his final years at Arsenal, the most common finish was 4th/3rd. You can argue the same about Poch about competing for EPL.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Whether Wenger had resources or not, his teams weren't competing for EPL. Since 2004, Arsenal's highest finish was 2nd - happened only once- the year Foxes won the title. Even then, the point gap between top 2 teams was about 10 points. Removing his final years at Arsenal, the most common finish was 4th/3rd. You can argue the same about Poch about competing for EPL.

Wenger was basically getting Arsenal into top4 without having any money, trying to compete with Chelsea/City unlimited resources, what was he supposed to do? Look at United, you spend so much post SAF yet you.

United won 3 trophies past SAF, since that the Arsenal which is not competing won 8 trophies.