Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ole and Manchester United, future is concerning...
tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

We lost today, away to Newcastle....

I actually expected it, but the most worrying part is that we showed the same sign, same game plan we have shown last year. Chocking hard straight after the last 8 consecutive wins, then we dropped, free falling

The only good thing is youth players are giving chances and playing times :(.

I was one of those who was super hype and loved Ole, would be the last who want to see him gets sacked. But it might come soon.

• Our def was just like a bunch of noobs
  • Our mid ... especially Pogba... with that quality and wage??? Total crap
  • Our strikers are selfish, headless and uninspired :(
  • Our attack is dull
  • Our tactic on games is slow. Dreaful and straight out embarrassing

What do you think is MU's biggest problems?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

We lost today.

I actually expected it, but the most worrying part is that we showed the same sign, same game plan we have shown straight after the last 8 consecutive wins last year, then we dropped.

I was one of those who was super hype and loved Ole, would be the last who want to see him gets sacked. But it might come soon.

• Our attack is dull
  • Our tactic on games is slow.

We lost today, away to Newcastle....

I actually expected it, but the most worrying part is that we showed the same sign, same game plan we have shown straight after the last 8 consecutive wins last year, then we dropped.

• Our attack is dull
  • Our tactic on games is slow.

Comments
SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't think you can boil it down to a single thing. Fire Ole, and that will solve it? Like firing the last three managers did? Sign new players, that will solve it? Like the last twenty have? No, what United needs is to look at themselves from top to bottom and ask themselves if they are content with becoming another AC Milan or Arsenal or if they actually want to be a top team again. Because to become a top team will require genuine organization change and restructuring, everything from the owners, the board, Woodward, the scouts, the youth academy, the coaches, everything. The entire direction of the organization needs to change.

In effect, what I'm saying is that this notion of trying to be Alex Ferguson's Manchester United needs to die if United themselves want to live. I was hopeful with a manager like Ole recapturing some of that vibe, coaches like Carrick and McKenna...the United way and all this nonsense. But the reality is that we cannot live in the past, and the longer we do, the worse off we'll be.

We also shouldn't have to sit here and expect rebuilding periods several years in the making. Pep re-did City in two years. So did Klopp with Liverpool. Chelsea have had a tragedy and a huge success every other season. No club should be stuck permanently rebuilding, but we are.

The biggest concern I have is player performance, but it's not something I blame the players for anymore. Literally every single signing Manchester United has made (Ole's being the ironic exception) has regressed here. If the player has since moved on, they have found success again somewhere else, often at just as high a level. How is that so consistently possible unless there is something very wrong at the club that goes beyond individuals?

TL:DR I have no hope anymore - and I have no hope in the organization's ability to correct itself, regardless of who gets fired, who gets signed, and how much money is spent.

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I do think there is a main problem in the team and that is the identity we have, or lack of.

The team doesn't know what style of football we are playing, we have no cohesion amongst our players and that obviously results in continuous poor performances in the offensive side.
I don't think the defense is that bad to be honest.

We just don't have the passion and spirit needed to play at this level. Let alone the players to compete in the premier league's top spots. With that being said, I know for a fact changing our manager won't do much in the short term and I think Solskjaer is going to keep his job at least until the end of the season.

We need to start by restructuring the way we deal with transfers and scouting players.
Then we bring actual good players and stop pretending our shitty underperforming brats can "do better next time"
Later we get a manager that know exactly how he wants its team to play.

What we have going on at the moment is a project that expects to yield results in 3 years but I see no progress at all, if anything we are in a regression of performance.

If they are planning on doing something good on the long term we definitely need to get rid of a bunch of players, spend money wisely and start a team based on an idea of something we can do on the pitch.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Discipline. That team shouldn’t loose to Newcastle. I understand struggling to make into top 4 but loosing to relegation fighting team.. no. You choose Ole for happy atmosphere. Happy times worn off, now difficult times have come and you need world class tactician which Ole never was and I think never will be. He can be top assistant coach but not first team manager.

I hear Garry Neville talking about this or that but he never once criticizes Ole, yet he knows and everyone knows he isn’t big club material. Team needs iron like rule and restructure of the team where any player are treated equally based on merit not status like Pogba.

Ole would rather pass out hand jobs than get discipline in the team right. Although, even if he tried now they wouldn’t take him seriously.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

I would bring Roy Keane lol the guy would straighten everyone out.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Gonna be honest, I alway thought it was a bit of a weird move from United to sign Ole permanently last season. They had taken him as an interim coach and while his team realize something special against PSG, I thought it was a bit too early to tell wether it was gonna be a really good move. I dunno man, its feel like United board just try to rush too much in hope of getting results. Patience + well-thought project make a great difference imho. United recently doesn't seem to have either. :(

United_Hates_Blues 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

United have never been the team that sacks managers, the Glazers need to go and sell the club and the only person that needs to be sacked is Woodward. When the board gets exposed they up and sack the manager. Mourinho was correct look at the singings pep got with his time at City. There's no future with the current United ownership. LUHG

netsten 5 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Playing for the richest club in the world looks like an accomplishement for the players, no need to peform...

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Thought about the Liverpool game? I believed it looked like a decent performance from United despite some "controversial" call, as some would say. Sure, it wasn't a win but seeing them play like that against a rival was certainly nice and maybe a bit reasurring. They would need to keep this up though and bring that motivation and energy in the next game.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Thought about the Liverpool game

I was hoping that MU lost to Lpool so they’d line up a replacement. How long does one become patient for ?

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Ledley When you say replacement, you are talking about the manager right? Its kinda dissapointing how the fanbase gave up on Ole despite him clearly going the young prospect way. But I do agree his team performance even if he invest in the younger player, wasn't great at all. Lampard with his Chelsea young side is doing better no doubt.

Gonna be honest, I don't know how I feel about Ole myself. At first, I thought he was gonna be okay but right now, I'm not really sure myself with this season performance. Last time I felt this way, the coach got fired, so we'll see. ;P

LiverpoolKlopp 4 years ago
Liverpool FC, England 0 459

Against Liverpool, United played really well. But after Liverpool scored they looked vunerable, and Ox nearly punished them for their mistakes last minute. But I believe Ole needs a chance, but with proper signings.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@LiverpoolKlopp Personally, I don't think he need that many signing, I mean, he managed to get his principal target with James, Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Not saying there aren't any area to reinforce still but I don't think he should sign more than one or two player. For me, this squad got talent, its a question of making them fight every game and glue together.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

A club that became everything that they used to mock other clubs for. Literally every single thing.

Dynastian98 4 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Real Madrid is probably next.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

Real has a monstrous structure, strong revenues, and global brand that attracts youth to join them. I doubt that will happen. Crisis period perhaps. I do see with new tv revenue distributor. Rights other la Liga club are starting to show resilience in releasing their talents easily.

Manchester didn’t see that clubs like Leicester and other clubs will eventually have enough money to say piss off and sell players for 80 mil if United wants them so bad. This red pill has been bitter one to swallow because now United can’t even shop around with simply their brand to attract players. Then maybe it is time to create unparalleled academy that develops young players.

I think we are living in extraordinary times because big clubs slowly loosing that boss power in transfer markets which affects their ability to quickly reinforce and fix weaknesses for next competition. Small clubs now thrive to be global brand seeking revenue streams and talents from every where.

To cut this short, United started transitioning from Ferguson era not in good time. I wonder even Ferguson stayed would he have actually be able to continue competing against ferocious side like Liverpool and City where they go head to head till the end of the season considering also that even playing against smaller clubs isn’t as easy as it used to be.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Real has a monstrous structure, strong revenues, and global brand that attracts youth to join them. I doubt that will happen.

same with United, they are biggest brand in the world.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

I agree United is even bigger than Real in terms of valuation. Yet, when I meant brand I should have been more specific. United isn’t the club that attracts players in their prime as easy Real. In fact, Real has such a strong brand that can shift United’s best player to make complete 360 on his career. After that it is a matter of price and usually players along with their agent put additional pressure, to what real already does, on their club to push the deal.

Real is the ultimate dream for majority of players.

tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

You mean Real Madrid has a strong institution. From président toi coach to fans to players everyone IS underpressured. And mostly do right décisions, when it doesnt work things get fixed quickly.

United got exposed After saf departure, he WAS the institution, it looks like a Luxirious Boeing without a pilot.

Value doesnt mean shit, if all thé players you buy struggle its an institutional problem, plus you dont trust the youth at thé end i agréé. They need a New vision. A changé of coach wont help unless its someone getting all thé keys and not affraid of doing hard décisions like Pep or Klopp did.

A great coach will only hide again the average management the club has.

Madrid mistake IS not preparing the next step, Zidane rightfully bet on stability and got another CL, but thé form in thé League was worrying.
Now Madrid are paying thé large part of success they got, and Barça will toi when Messi will décline. But a board should anticipate thèse things a little.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Difference between Real and United is that Real are still winning and competing for big trophy regularly at least. The best United got recently were the FA Cup against Crystal Palace and the Europa League against Ajax. Not really the most prestigious record. I mean, when we're talking about dream team, we are talking about team that compete for top trophy or at least a major one, once a year. United not being in the CL this season really hurt them as well.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

I assume if instruction was strong then real would produce their own world class players. Raul And Casillas were last players that came through Reals academy to become world class. Otherwise, all the rest were mercenaries recruited through brand that says - this team was represented by one of the best players in history of football. Financial muscle that was gained through unfair advantages then to bring these type players in every four years to recreate “galácticos” who along with them bring major fan base. ( means even more money). Another point, Players like playing with other best in the world and they will get paid well while doing so even if they sit on the bench cough.. Bale cough..
On top, giant Real plays in la Liga where winning trophy is somewhat guaranteed because who else going to challenge them aside from Barcelona and atlético who merely annoy every year?

United could have changed their fortune if they had stuck with Van Gaal or Mourinho. I wonder where did Liverpool change institution because he was merely given time and support to find players that fit into his philosophy. Results are more than satisfactory.

Real never had their institution changed. I don’t know what you mean by strong institution because every president elect always say “we will buy better players and bring so and so manager”. Strategy is simple and it works.

United doesn’t have the luxury in EPL like Real does. There 5 other teams that can spend just as much and chase same players and managers.

If players struggle it is because manager didn’t buy right or he needs time to create dynamics.

Dembele in Barcelona struggling - is there instructional problems in Barcelona? What about Barcelona having Messi and one of the best players still not making into CL final since 2015? And loosing in such a embarrassing manner where progress to next stage was 90% complete.