Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Official La Liga game could be played in the United State
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

So, I don't know when, how and why (jk, I know the why) but it seem LaLiga have agreed a deal with International Champions Cup organisers Relevent which could include official league games being played in the United States as early as this season. This sound completely ridiculous in my book, the logistic behind would propably mean some team would lose home advantage on certain games. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Comments
Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Jet lag, time adaptation, climate, new ground, fans and much more crap that will be crazy but let's see. I will attend the game if it happens during my visit to US.

serans 6 years ago
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

What kind of bullshit is that? Who would agree to play home match in the diffrent time zone, on not their stadium? That's just bullshit info, no idea why we even discuss it.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I looked at the ticket prices and it is ridiculously expensive. There will also be a lot of commercial revenue. so it sort of makes sense

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

So long as Barca drop points, I don't mind.

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

Well, personally I don't live in Spain and don't travel to Spain to watch a game in stadium. So I don't have problem about moving games to US.

U was talking about home advantage? some teams are going to lost home advantage?

Yeap, especially small teams like Girona are going to struggle, lost competitive role in USA and bigger teams like boths MADRID and BARCELONA are going to increase their home advantage because they have a large support in USA.

Now financially everyone are going to make money, i don't know how LA LIGA are going to manage that..

In summary its a bad idea for smalls teams, and its a good idea for Bigger teams.

Some data, home advantage score in Spain is 0.26 while in USA is 0.54 (MLS), with hype about "BEST TEAMS OF WORLD" (Barcelona , Real Madrid and Atletico de Madrid) that number can easily improve to 0.6 which is about 2x or 3x more that SPAIN.

Pressure for players? Of course. But They have 24 players squad manage that.

Like i started saying, i don't care if they Play in Spain or In USA.
I just see highlights in FootROOM and end of History.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Girona agreed to host Barca in Miami, lol. I don’t know what to think of this lol.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tiki Maybe they were offered more than what they could have made in ticked sell, only reason I see. :(