Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

- Official FR Mod Casting -
Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Well.... it is official now. We will add new mod(s) to the web page. Now we just need to decide who will join the team. The process to choose the new mod(s) will be the following:

1. Postulations/nomination: Users have the option to nominate another user. Only one nomination can be done per user. User can nominate themselves.

2. After the nomination period is done we will have a voting period started to choose the top 3 users.

3. Then those 3 users would have a last chance to tell everybody why they think they should be mods. Users can debate as well about who they think should be elected :)

4. Finally Me and Alex and probably FR will decide who gets picked.

so... you guys asked for it, FR gave us the chance to choose our new mods.
The nomination period is now opened.

• Also, ideas on how to improve the forum and the selection of the mods will be appreciated.
Comments
quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Wolfie it isn't that simple, for example you can send it to your friends (from facebook etc.), which may vote for you. I think the current mods will know best who to pick.

nandaYNWA 10 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

the person chosen should be neutral, so they do not favour a particular team, league, player or country. so while emrecan would be the ideal choice, he has not been around very long. which is why i vote for ramaboy

netsten 10 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

This nomination by users is ridiculous imo.

The actual mods should pick the new mods, users are biased for this job.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@netsten don't know, most people seem to back emrecan who seems like good mod material. I nominate myself cause I spend most of my free time that doesn't go on r/gunners on here so might as well become a mod

Wolfie 10 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844

@quik- Yes, it is that simple. You forget that the mods are users too. There are 3 mods at the moment. How would they know who is best? Are there opinions superior to the rest? The poll is the fairest option.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yes, it is that simple. You forget that the mods are users too. There are 3 mods at the moment. How would they know who is best? Are there opinions superior to the rest? The poll is the fairest option.

netsten 10 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

@KingHenry I don't say that against you, or Emrecan, V or the other users who want to be mods, most of them are nice guys, respectful and mature, but I think that our actual mods are the most able to pick the new mods and probably less biased than the users.

Wolfie 10 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844

If the mods select a guy and he starts going on powertrips. All this bullshit will start all over again. We'll be back to where we started. The pole makes the most sense and will not create any animosity.

No offence to emre, I'm sure he's a good guy and what not. But how well do we even know him. He's been around for 3 months or something and he's really good buddies with Iraqi. So let that sink in for a moment.

• History

If the mods select guy and he start going on powertrips. All this bullshit will start all over again. We'll be back to where we started. The pole makes the most sense and will not create any animosity.

No offence to emre, I'm sure he's a good guy and what not. But how well do we even know him. He's been around for 3 months or something and he's really good buddies with Iraqi. So let that sink in for a moment.

If the mods select guy and he starts going on powertrips. All this bullshit will start all over again. We'll be back to where we started. The pole makes the most sense and will not create any animosity.

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I cant believe i have votes in my favour :), Thanks to knibis and Vendetta but i think its better to pick someone who werent involved in any drama and objectively neutral...
I would love to be a mod, but i think its not fair for others who always stayed nice and neutral...
I know who arent able to be mods, the game and Lodatz arent able to do the work correctly since they have problems with many users including me.
I would prefer a guy not involved in fights with a nice atitude and an open mind, Give us a list and choosing a user will be easier...
Why not Emrecan, and Dynast could handle this if he stayed there, other old users like V, Shpalman, Raimondo, Grenady, don andres, .... ( sorry if i forgot someone ) all could be picked as well.
Tuann jin and Emre can could be a fresh solution to reward the good behviour in this website...

@Heis I cant nominate you, you always speak to just your buddies, never seen you in an argument or something, a mod should be chosen for the whole community, users that just talk to their buddies are already regretting as iam regretting my previous drama, and i think Lodatz is kicking his head :D for letting his mask falling lately.

My vote will go for someone really nice, not nice in disguise.

bluezz 10 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

I nominate gunnerafc
He has been on this site for a really long time and from what I've seen since I was here, he is a very cool minded and also a matured person.

ChelseaRox10 10 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

I nominate ramaboy!

Heisinburg 10 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

@tiki_taka, I never asked you to nominate me mate, but I respect your opinion of me and I can't convince you to change it.

I keep myself away from many arguments because I know, by experience, that it will never lead to a happy ending for both parties, which is why I also encourage you to leave Lodatz alone, because nothing good but unhealthy ego will come to you if you carry on like this.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited

Im not making a thread about him, im not accusing him of multiaccounting too, so who should leave the other alone ??
For multiaccounting, you sure know things more than me, i was here enough to know about previous stories...

• History

Im not making a thread about him, im not accusing him of multiaccounting too, so who should leave the other alone ??
For multiaccounting, you sure know things more than me, i was here enough to know about previous stories...
Thats why i cant nominate you...

decentK 10 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

I don't care who the mod will be as long as he bans PERMANENTLY as soon as possible ppl like "rogerblack", "mancitygloryhunter" and basically OBVIOUS trolls. They shouldn't belong here. I believe the comment section in highlights should be only for users, to avoid trolls.

Also the mod should be quite neutral (you can be a fan of any team you want, I don't care), because I don't want to see mod not to ban a OBVIOUS racist/troll, just because the idiot is fan of mod's team.

Heisinburg 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United 67 1516

@tiki_taka, I didn't say anything about you accusing Lodatz for anything, so why do I get this feeling that you're only intention in this thread is to harm me? My 1 additional account scandal happened 2 long years ago, give me a break already.

I'm not going to continue this discussion with you, since this is a thread of vote, and like I implied before, there's no candy rewarded to whoever wins an argument.

• History

@tiki_taka, I didn't say anything about you accusing Lodatz for anything, so why do I get this feeling that you're only intention in this thread is to harm me? My 1 additional account scandal happened 2 long years ago, give me a break already.

I'm not going to continue this discussion with you, since like I said, there's no candy rewarded to whoever wins an argument.

I'm not going to continue this discussion with you, since like this is a thread of vote, and like I implied before, there's no candy rewarded to whoever wins an argument.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Wolfie Mods are watching how are we(users) reacting, what we are writing, they know the forum. They are here longer probably than a lot of people. Someone who joined in recent days don't know much about this forum so their votes wouldn't be the best, don't you think? I think maturity/objectivity have to be the first two things which new mods need. Then it should be someone who knows the forum and is here for some time.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited

3 Qualities needed then :

• Old user.
  • Perfect behaviour.
  • Active : And this will be important for me, as we cant reward someone who is inactive in the forum.

With those 3 qualities, only few canditates will stay, and i wont be part of them.

So i recomend to Alex/Tuanis to think and give us a list of 3,4,5 candidates and the choice would be easy and sure.

Everybody here will want to be a mod, i see more canditates than voters, so i believe moderators should give a list.

• History

3 Qualities needed then :

• Old user.
  • Perfect behaviour.
  • Active : And this will be important for me, as we cant reward someone who is inactive in the forum.

With those 3 qualities, only few canditates will stay, and i wont be part of them.

So i recomend to Alex/Tuanis to think and give us a list of 3,4,5 candidates and the choice would be easy and sure.

Emrecan_58 10 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

I respect everyones opinions of course. But Wolfie what you said
"he's really good buddies with Iraqi. So let that sink in for a moment."
was not quiet good. Maybe you or someone else have problems with that guy but that doesn't mean I will have too. If I want to be a good member or a mod maybe, I have to be good with everyone and I have to be fair for everyone.

And thank you everyone for your supports.

• History

was not quiet good. Maybe you or someone else have problems with that guy but that doesn't mean I will have too. If I want to be a good member or a mod maybe, I have to be good with everyone and I have to be fair for everyone.

And thank you everyone for you supports.

netsten 10 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

@Quikzyyy exactly, +1

GunnerAFC 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Thank you for putting my name up for suggestion, Rama and Bluezz. I truly appreciate it.
And I'm glad I come across cool minded and mature to you, Bluezz.

@Rama TheGame is leaving? That's unfortunate. He and I never really spoke to each other but I usually agree with everything that he posts. He was my first choice nomination.

• History

Thank you for putting my name up for suggestion, Rama and Bluezz. I truly appreciate it. I'm glad I come across cool minded and mature to you, Bluezz. I'm sure there are a few people who will disagree with that assessment, hah.

@Rama TheGame is leaving? That's unfortunate. He and I never really spoke to each other but I usually agree with everything that he posts. He was my first choice nomination.

Thank you for putting my name up for suggestion, Rama and Bluezz. I truly appreciate it. I'm glad I come across cool minded and mature to you, Bluezz. I'm sure there are a few people who will disagree with that assessment, hah.

Thank you for putting my name up for suggestion, Rama and Bluezz. I truly appreciate it.
And I'm glad I come across cool minded and mature to you, Bluezz. I'm sure there are a few people who will disagree with that assessment, hah.

GunnerAFC 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

I agree with the users who are saying that old members with vast amounts of experience should be cast as official FootyRoom moderators. The reason for this should be pretty self-explanatory.

I was initially going to nominate TheGame but now as I'm typing this I've decided to put myself up for selection, GunnerAFC. So yes, I'm nominating myself. If I am in the chosen top 3 then I'll gladly give my reasons and explain to everybody on why I want to become a FR moderator.