Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Newcastle to be bought?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So you propably heard the news in the winter that Newcastle might be bought. Thing is, it didn't happened and there is a simple reason for that, Mike Ashley, the current owner of the team was worried he could miss out on a lot money because of clauses that involved Newcastle be bought for less if they were relegated. Good news is that since the team seem currently safe, the talk for sell will propably start again. If the sell goes trough, Rafa Benitez should expect a new contract to reward him for his results with the team and with more money to spend in the future. Great news for Newcastle, maybe not for their future rival. As a neutral PL fan, I'm alway hyped to hear about a team gaining to ressource to fight with the bigger one in the future. Thought?

Comments
expertfootball11 4 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I'd rather have them bought by Emiratis than Saudis. Look at City, they've transformed the club from below average to the best team in England. Emiratis, like the city of Dubai, are open and have very high sporting ambition, whereas Saudis are conservative fucks and they only go in for the money in these kind of investments.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well that's just the fate of middle table clubs now, being bought and stuff. Not much more to comment on that, that's how football and business mingle

Johnvol 4 years ago
Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine 0 5

What a big club what a history

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Good news for all the other English big club, Newcastle will not be bought by Saudi Arabia anymore, they have officially announced they are giving up on buying the club. Thought?

Me, I'll be honest, I'm a bit dissapointed, as a neutral, I would have loved to see another team being able to challenge the current top teams.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

I agree with you Emobot, I am also disappointed. The fund's injection would help the team grow, but more importantly, with their long history, they can start to dig at the top 6 and challenge again.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Mikey Ashley (Newcastler owner) is the biggest winner here, he kept the 17 million from Saudi as the deposit paid by the Saudi Arabian consortium led by Amanda Staveley is non-refundable

DarthFooty 4 years ago

@quikzyyy Is Ashley keeping that for himself, or passing that into the club? haha

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

as it was paid directly to him, i. think we both know the answer

DarthFooty 4 years ago

Sounds like the deal is still on the table, so perhaps they might follow through? Of course, you know who still gets his deposit. haha

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

All I heard about was that the fans were making a petition to have the premier league investigated or something like that? Doubt that will be enough.

Edit: So after researching a bit more, it seem you might be right DarthFooty, hope its true.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

All I heard about was that the fans were making a petition to have the premier league investigated or something like that? Doubt that will be enough.