Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Newcastle to be bought?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

So you propably heard the news in the winter that Newcastle might be bought. Thing is, it didn't happened and there is a simple reason for that, Mike Ashley, the current owner of the team was worried he could miss out on a lot money because of clauses that involved Newcastle be bought for less if they were relegated. Good news is that since the team seem currently safe, the talk for sell will propably start again. If the sell goes trough, Rafa Benitez should expect a new contract to reward him for his results with the team and with more money to spend in the future. Great news for Newcastle, maybe not for their future rival. As a neutral PL fan, I'm alway hyped to hear about a team gaining to ressource to fight with the bigger one in the future. Thought?

Comments
kyoekyar 6 years ago
12 163

I don't want to see Mike at Newcastle. Wish he will be gone as soon as possible.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@kyoekyar Well, thats one good reason to be happy about the possibility of Newcastle be sold, I just hope the new owner really do invest funds on the equipment and for the transfer budget!

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

great news for geordies. be careful with lots of money tho, sometimes what you vision can backfire --> everton and stoke. stoke try to play stylish football by selling physical players for the likes of shaqiri, bojan, jese, allen yet they are less successful than burnley that sticks to their long ball football. similarly, west brom sack pulis. lots of offensive options at everton walcott, bolasie, rooney, sigurdsoon, yet they're midtable. transition is always difficult even for big clubs --> AC milan.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@baldgenius Its sad, but its part of the game when your rebuilding your team, a midtable finish isn't that bad, especially when your still starting the rebuilding. But its normal for the board and the fan to be dissapointed by a bad run of results. Like Everton was at the beggining of the season. The advantage about Newcastle is that Benitez has been there a more than 2 year now, he know his team well so unless he change it completely, which I doubt he will, he should still be doing well even with new recruit in the summer, or at least, I hope he will. :)

DChoff 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Italy 2 191

I like when a team achieves success on their own. Through hard work. Not by being handed a load of money out of nowhere. Manchester City were a yoyo side for years until being pumped full of cash. Don't get me wrong they play amazing football but their success is entirely down to money and nothing else. This year in the championship Wolves have been given bucket loads of cash. they are dominating teams with many players who are far to good to be playing in that division. If Newcastle are now bought out and sky rocket too the top it will be great for their fans, but bad for football in my opinion.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@DChoff Don't get me wrong, I also think team who managed to gain sucess in the manner you speak is awesome, however, lets be sincere, no team other than the big six will compete for top four spot unless they have sudden ressource given to them. I'm not saying they must spend this money in the summer on big star player, they can also use the money to recruit better scout, spend on infracstructure or on better staff for training the player more effectively or keeping them healty (Arsenal should do that sometime). At the end of the day, even if they don't overspend on player, I still think that sadly, money is necessary to stay revelent in this day and age. Sure, there will be miracle like what Leicester did but team like won't last long at the top level and will disapear as soon as they appeared. :( Ressource is necessary to build something that will last. Sad truth of life. Still have more respect for team who manage to build their own sucess trough young player or smart move but its certainly very hard for any team to do especially in this age where people want immediate results.

DChoff 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Italy 2 191

No doubt my friend. Its getting much harder to compete if you cant match up money wise. Really sad.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@DChoff Yeah, its a real shame but sadly, its how it is now. :( Hopefully, Newcastle won't spend everything the new owner bring on star player and will also hire good scout to make this a long-term operation. I mean, if you gonna suddenly get a lot of ressource, I think its more important to spend it on the future than only on the short term. :)

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

So apparently, Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Manchester City owner cousin) now want to buy the club. Wonder if this will go through and wether or not this will help the club. I sure hope it does though.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

If it does happen, Newcastle fans have every reason to be excited. They have the potential to be part of something quite extraordinary in their club.

Newcastle is one of those that has always shown some ambition (through their stadium, for instance) for the past decade..Ashley was holding them back for too long now. I see this is a necessary step if they want to go big. Would be interesting to see a potential 7th 'mega' club coming into the game.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@iHEARTfootball Yep, I agree, really hope it work out and that the new owner invest in the club. Especially with Benitez in charge, I can see Newcastle changing for the better in a few year and becoming a more serious challenger.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

So apparently, Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Manchester City owner cousin) now want to buy the club. Wonder if this will go through and wether or not this will help the club. I sure hope it does though.

I'm glad you picked this up Emo. This is more suss than the stadium sponsorship they have with Etihad. Can you imagine the clubs stacking/trading players but your cousin "don't know nothin bout' it."

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Ledley Yeah, for sure, the fact he is related to City owner could be pretty bad in that case. Certainly feel like this the kind of tactic City would use though to be able to give experience to their young player and trade player with Newcastle. I just hope it won't turn Newcastle into another feeder club for City.

iHEARTfootball 4 years ago

Just revisiting this thread again. It looks like things are now starting to happen with Newcastle, and Pochettino being the new owner's no. 1 choice for the new revolution the club are going to make. Soon there might no longer be 6 teams competing for the top prize..

srk_rox 4 years ago Edited
Liverpool 5 542

All that happened with Poch and Newcastle, and going to happen with both, sounds so much so like the epic stories where injustice prevails for a short while, only for justice to remain.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

All that happened with Poch and Newcastle, and going to happen with both, sounds so much so like the epic stories where injustice prevails for a short while, only for justice to be permanent.

Pupper 4 years ago
Juventus 0 214

6 teams competing for the top prize..

As if there's 6 teams that have a genuine chance of winning PL..

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Could instantly put them as one of the richest clubs in the world with the takeover, all depends on how they plan to fund the team.

iHEARTfootball 4 years ago

As if there's 6 teams that have a genuine chance of winning PL..

Why not? But also, extending what I had said earlier, I'm also referring to the Cl places too.

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11426

Funny you would revive that thread, I was actually thinking about it when I read the news newcastle might be buyed back. Obviously, it will depend on how the new owners will go about their business but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more team closing the gap between the top six and the rest of the PL team. Everton been trying hard last 3 seasons but have been failing sadly. Would love to see Newcastle do better thanks to its new sponsor. More competitivity in the PL is alway's welcome. :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Funny you would revive that thread, I was actually thinking about it when I read the news newcastle might be buyed back. Obviously, it will depend on how the new owner will go about his business but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more team closing the gap between the top six and the rest of the PL team. Everton been trying hard last 3 seasons but have been failing sadly. Would love to see Newcastle do better thanks to its new sponsor. More competition in the PL is alway's welcome. :D

Funny you would revive that thread, I was actually thinking about it when I read the news newcastle might be buyed back. Obviously, it will depend on how the new owner will go about his business but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more team closing the gap between the top six and the rest of the PL team. Everton been trying hard last 3 seasons but have been failing sadly. Would love to see Newcastle do better thanks to its new sponsor. More competitivity in the PL is alway's welcome. :D

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

So apparently, Newcastle being buyed by Saudi Arabia could be in doubt over the fact that they would be responsible for beoutQ, a Quatar pirate channel. Basically, this is illegal and would mean they are not eligible to be able to buy a football club. Thought?