Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

My frustration with Courtois
Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

His bs started back in 2013 when he played UEFA Super Cup against us . Then he did same crap in CL and played some of his amazing games . Then we benched our legend in favor of him . Then we sold our legend to our biggest rival just so Courtois will be comfortable about his future . Then he gives us crappiest seasons ever according to his standards or standards of Cech would have given to us who btw become best goalie of the year . Then he has this stupid low IQ loud mouth of his which we forgave him .

He better shine like a star this year !

Comments
decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Courtois the top 3 keeper in the world for me in Atleti. At the moment, he's not even in my top 10 unfortunately.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Butland was goalie of the year

ramaboy10 8 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

What did he say?

netsten 8 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

He missed 15 games this season, how would you expect he have a great season...
It's not his fault if our board and Mou decided to sell Cech.
About the big mouth thing, I don't know what you're talking about, what did he said ?

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

He is great, our whole team was shit this season specially our defence, he will be at his best in the next season

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Players like De Gea prove that you can still be a fantastic keeper if your defence is underwhelming.

I watched more Chelsea games this season than I have any other year, and Courtois was above average. He made the saves you'd expect him to make, and commanded his box pretty well. In other words, he did only marginally better, if that, than Begovic.

What I expect from a world-class keeper to make saves other keepers wouldn't. When you're already saying "that's a goal" and then the keeper comes flying in and saves the day. Courtios had very few of those moments this season. However, I would expect him to bounce back. He's played his last few season under some of the best defences in the world, Atleti and Chelsea, and assuming Chelsea gets it right next season, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the old Courtios again. Some keepers have a hard time coming back after conceding, (confidence shot, you know) and Chelsea conceded a lot of early goals this season.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

He said some bullshit about the other players or Chelsea when on national duty a while back.. For me, Cech is the better keeper and has always been, but there is still potential in Courtois.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

IMO, the problem was he was sure with being first choice.. He didn't need to challenge Begovic at all, even tho he got some really good matches. He was so sure with being first choice, he didn't need to be at his best.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

He needs some competition badly

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Management affect the players : Cuadrado, Costa, Courthois, Fellipe Luiz, Pedro, Cesc... Off pitch has a direct impact on players on the pitch. But we are too far to know whats happening behind the scenes, one thing is sure is when a player feels comfortable where he is And feels the help/love he delivers just like in any job. When you work for a company that doesnt treat you as you deserve, you dont give your best.
Im not talking only about Chelsea or claiming its the truth, the amount of players who deliver before And after joining Chelsea make me ask some questions about How they are managed.
Costa, Pedro, Fabregas should be doing wonders, Roman is not the problem nor Mourinho, something is not clear there.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

He didnt had competition in Spain, he was a Monster back in the Time, the routine may ruin any player progression or motivation when you think you are already at the top with no special motivation to do more, it may affect results. GK position is very special, you have good And bad periods And you should get trusted 200%

Marcus2011 8 years ago

@tiki

Was Fabregas and Pedro doing wonders at Barcelona ? If I had more time i would go back and find your comment calling Fabregas being half a season player .

Costa has met our expectations and was the same player from Atletico. We understand for his injuries things did not go as planned . I will carefully say this because i don't want this to turn into EPL vs La Liga thread . It is normal that in EPL strikers from Southern leagues may struggle at first . It took Aguero 4 years to win golden boot and that with penalties he took . Dutch and northern strikers like french do much better with adaptation . So scratch management causes .

Strikers have a mind of their own and on average stronger mentality than rest of the players because they play alone upfront . Same goes with goalkeepers .

Marcus2011 8 years ago

He needs competition ! Someone better fire up his as7s . Just like Willian instantly changed when we got Cuadrado ! Willian turned into machine .

quikzyyy 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

" Pedro, Fabregas should be doing wonders"

I don't mind their qualities but, since when should Pedro do wonders?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

" Pedro, Fabregas should be doing wonders"
Since when should Pedro do wonders?

JuanMata10 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

I dislike him, too. If he wasn't one of the most talented young goalkeepers in the world, I would have absolutely no problem letting him go. Injury or not, he's been below par this season, even before he had to sit out half of the season. What angers me most about him is that -after we sold our legend Cech to our direct, local rivals because we believed in him - he shows absolutely no affection to Chelsea Football Club. He looks unbothered, like he doesn't even want to be on the pitch. The least I've expected him to do is to come out and say that he will stay at Chelsea for sure, but no, of course that is not what has happened, just this 'I'm staying 99%' bullshit because he wants to keep a window open. Sure, Chelsea had an underwhelming season to say the least, but so did he. I agree with @tiki in principle that something at our club is going wrong, because a lot of players are not 'klicking', they seem to lose half of their abilities. However, Pedro was never doing wonders at Barcelona either and Costa does exactly what we expected him to do - not more, not less.

Regarding Willian, I am not too convinced about him this season. Willian of this season is just the Willian of last season + his free kick goals. Other than that, he's the guy who gives the ball away really often, slows down the play, doesn't pass when he should pass and passes when he shouldn't. He's like Oscar in terms of consistency. One good and one bad half of the season.

• History

I dislike him, too. If he wasn't one of the most talented young goalkeepers in the world, I would have absolutely no problem letting him go. Injury or not, he's been below par this season, even before he had to sit out half of the season. What angers me most about him is that -after we sold our legend Cech to our direct, local rivals because we believed in him - he shows absolutely no affection to Chelsea Football Club. He looks unbothered, like he doesn't even want to be on the pitch. The least I've expected him to do is to come out and say that he will stay at Chelsea for sure, but no, of course that is not what has happened, just this 'I'm staying 99%' bullshit because he wants to keep a window open. Sure, Chelsea had an underwhelming season to say the least, but so did he. I agree with @tiki in principle that something at our club is going wrong, because a lot of players are not 'klicking', they seem to lose half of their abilities. However, Pedro was never doing wonders at Barcelona either and Costa does exactly what we expected him to do - not more, not less.

Regarding Willian, I am not too convinced about him this season. Willian of this season is just the Willian of last season + his 8 goals. Other than that, he's the guy who gives the ball away really often, slows down the play, doesn't pass when he should pass and passes when he shouldn't. He's like Oscar in terms of consistency. One good and one bad half of the season.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago Edited

Pedro should not be doing wonders and literally no one expected him too. however, I agree that some more competition for a goalie like Courtois would be good. Its never good when young players gets to much confidence and don't compete for their spot, because he really doesn't, although Begovich been great!

• History

Pedro should not be doing wonders and literally no one expected him too. however, i agree that some more competition for a goalie like Courtois would be good. its never good when young players gets to much confidence and don't compete for their spot, because he really don't although Begovich been great!

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago Edited

@juan I disagree regarding your view on Willian. I see much improvement from last season, and already then was he a good player, although he didn't create nearly as many chances. He's the best player we've had this season (which perhaps isn't saying much since we finished 10th but still..). It's almost a comment that would suit the 'unpopular' opinion thread.

• History

@juan I disagree regarding your view on Willian. I see much improvement from last season, and already then was he a good player, although he didn't create nearly as many chances. He's the best player we've had this season (which perhaps isnät saying much since we finished 10th but still..). It's almost a comment that would suit the 'unpopular' opinion thread.

JuanMata10 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

In the first half of the season he was brilliant and easily the best player. In the second half, he was one of the worst performers of the team. For me the improvement (first half) and decline (second half) in form - compared to last season - even out. I'm neither overwhelmed by his performances nor am I disappointed, If he had played the whole season in the same manner as he did in the first 6 months the case would've been different.

Unrelated to his performance, but what do you think about this? Enjoying off-season a little bit too much, eh? Seems like he's learned nothing from his team-mates' mistakes before the start of the season.

EDIT: Oh, and regarding your comment in the other thread - "Some of these opinions are hard not to reply to. Fabregas lol" - Who would you suggest as next captain then? Our current second and third captains, Ivanovic and Cahilll? Or John Obi Mikel? That's the true "lol". If you really think about it, Fabregas is the only one who can take over this role.

• History

In the first half of the season he was brilliant and easily the best player. In the second half, he was one of the worst performers of the team. For me the improvement (first half) and decline (second half) in form - compared to last season - even out. I'm neither overwhelmed by his performances nor am I disappointed, If he had played the whole season in the same manner as he did in the first 6 months the case would've been different.

Unrelated to his performance, but what do you think about this? Enjoying off-season a little bit too much, eh? Seems like he's learned nothing from his team-mates before the start of the season.

Unrelated to his performance, but what do you think about this? Enjoying off-season a little bit too much, eh? Seems like he's learned nothing from his team-mates' mistakes before the start of the season.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Juan I think Willian he can get back on track as soon as the preparation for next season starts.. It's not easy to stay in shape 12 months a year..

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Copa America Centenario starts in 3 days, I understand putting on a bit of weight during your holidays but before such a big tournament..?