Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Multi-Accounters a.k.a Sock Puppets banned
FootyRoom 9 years ago
36 175

Hi everyone,

We have implemented a system which looks out for multi-accounters a.k.a sock puppets. Today we have banned more than 200 accounts. These accounts were controlled by around 10 different people.

For most cases we have left the master account of the violators unbanned, although in more severe cases we have banned them all.

We will not be naming and shaming them, however hopefully this will send out a clear message to all violators that you will be caught. Next time we will be banning your master account too.

For people that we ban, we do not send out emails with explanation. However, if you feel like we made a mistake please contact us through the feedback form.

FootyRoom Team

Comments
Diamant06 9 years ago
Barcelona, Kosovo 9 70

@manchesterutI thanks very much mate :)

awais007 9 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

Fantastic! as always FR

AjaxDeSuperYids 9 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

Hi guys long time no speak! You may recall I left ages ago after a long running failed battle to have the ultimate footyroom troll banned. That imbecile was of course ArsenalGunners who was previously known as mrarsenal500. I started a petition to remove him that we were to submit to footyroom developers but unfortunately it never worked.

I have kept an eye on the site since I left and am delighted to see this post! its great you have finally got rid of that vermin. The amount of accounts he had was incredible and he even had a duplicate version of mine with the same username but without the s on the end.

anyways in the end I felt I sorry for him and always felt if he could be banned it would prompt him to learn the error of his ways and start a new reformed life... lets hope this is so :) !

ramaboy10 9 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@manchesterutl So is there a way to check someones IP?

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@manchesterutI: exactly, mate. thanks +1.
@ramaboy: yes, every request you make to the site (from your browser, says Chrome, Safari, Firefox, ie etc...), the request header contains all of your information (incl. your public IP), the IP as explained by @manchesterutI is like your home address... :). That happens to EVERY site, not only FR, it's how http request works

Even if you share the same IP, then FR has its own mechanism to detect those possible sockets. Especially when members report, FR will put extra eyes on such profiles.

So please dont, and be a good member, talk about football etc... ^^

Mods on the other hand (different timezones) will scan too. ^^

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@manchesterutI: exactly, mate. thanks +1.
@ramaboy: yes, every request you make to the site (from your browser, says Chrome, Safari, Firefox, ie etc...), the request header contains all of your information (incl. your public IP), the IP as explained by @manchesterutI is like your home address... :).

Even if you share the same IP, then FR has its own mechanism to detect those possible sockets. Especially when members report, FR will put extra eyes on such profiles.

So please dont, and be a good member, talk about football etc... ^^

Mod on the other hand (different timezone) will scan too. ^^

Joe_Manchester 9 years ago
Manchester United, Egypt 108 627

Wasn't sockpuppets that Real Madrid fan on top of every single page? Good Job getting rid of him/her/it

Argjent 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Kosovo 8 714

Well that's great @Tuan_jinn ! If you have my IP,you can see that i have only this account! @Joe_Manchester i think you are talking about me lol.I commented in something like 500 matches,i am in top comment in just 25-30 maybe,so i don't think this is ''multi-accounter'' :)

Salahadin 9 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

A good day for FR :)

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Argjent: relax mate, you dont have to defend yourself so much. You are an active user that for sure. We have your data that's why I said that, but you are really not someone who do that a lot. so relax

netsten 9 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Good job guys !