Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mourinho to PSG?
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Paris Saint-Germain have made an approach to Jose Mourinho to become their new manager this summer, according to Sky sources.
enter image description here
PSG chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi is understood to have instigated the approach to Mourinho - via his agent Jorge Mendes - immediately after PSG's Champions League exit at the hands of Manchester City last week, having grown frustrated at the club's lack of progress in Europe under Laurent Blanc.

Mourinho is known to have a friendship with Al-Khelaifi, which pre-dates the Qatari's ownership of PSG. Al-Khelaifi has tried to appoint the 53-year-old as manager twice before, and remains convinced the Portuguese is the man most likely to achieve the club's ambition of winning the Champions League.

Comments
tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Laurent Blanc was playing his season in CL game, first time PSG got an open draw vs City in quarters and they sucked, really sucked.
Blanc is a great coach, but the 3years stagnation in CL will be paid by someone and its very likely to be him.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Mou in PSG? I sincerely really hope not.

I'm okay, al though not happy, with him joining United though.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Mourinho at psg would be a nightmare for other teams and like tiki said they really need to do better if they want to win the ucl.

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

rather see him at PSG than United ! Mourinho will turn PSG in powerhouse though ! Mark my words if he joins PSG , they will win CL. French League will be perfect league to relax and be fresh for CL matches . They work their schedule very well for those competing in CL>

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Marcus I think this kinda didn't work out for PSG this year. They got the league very comfortably but without competitions, they were kinda without the right form for UCL...

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@KTB Just to know, as a rival, which one you dislike the most, United or PSG?

I kinda hope Blanc is still given a chance, he isn't a bad coach, its just that like said before, the atmosphere in ligue 1 really hurt the player form. In the worst case scenario, I hope Blanc will find a job at another big team if he get fired.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@emo There are many teams I dislike; Spurs, Arsenal, City, Barcelona. I do not dislike PSG nor United though. Obviously in terms of rivalry I dislike United more than PSG as they're in the same league and we've had an extensive history. Although, how can anyone dislike a team that got Zlatan in it ;)

I rather see Mou in United because he deserves to be there. United is a much bigger club than PSG, and after the way Chelsea treated him he deserved a club them. I am also considering the quality of the Premier League, if he joins the likes of Klopp, Pep, Conte.. there..

tiki_taka 8 years ago

In term of timing I don't think Blanc would join United because first he should get fired first and before United got in touch with other coaches and second I don't think United direction would have the guts to go for a fired coach even if it would be a very good choice.
They will surely go for a no-risk coach, that being said ligue 1 isn't competitive for PSG but this season their consistency was incredible and the main reason was competition in any era of the field for starting places add to this Blanc ability to rotate his squad.
PSG will understand Blanc importance once he leaves just like Zlatan, they took consistence for granted while the work to reach it is Huge.
Would love to see Mou there for 2 reasons, Veratti and Silva are MOu type of players, smart, silly, and world class. The second reason would be David Luiz :D
Everyone forgetting Ranieri, a coach career is not like players if a big club calls you for a 5 year contract considering the ups and downs in a career you take it before it's too late. Pellegrini and probably Benitez on the market too. Rudy Garcia and probably other big names after the Euro so there will be choice this summer.

ramaboy10 8 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

PSG seems like a liable move. Ligue 1 will be piss easy for him but UCL will be a challenge for him... I have a feeling Mourinho would like that :) And he has a good relationship with Ibra and has managed Di Maria before. Seems like a likely move to me.

Marcus2011 8 years ago

@quikzy

I believe there was more than just being complacent due to lack of competition in domestic league . French League is not tough but can be tricky . I think there has been little dressing room unrest after Aurier scandal . Also PSG was missing some key players and Blanc was getting his tactics wrong more often at times when he should have been at the top of his ingenuity . Otherwise they were very legit contenders . I think also bit of luck was not on their side .

@KTBFFHSWE

I hear what you saying and I agree . Mourinho deserves bigger club and better competition but don't you hate the idea of facing United with Mourinho at helm ? He will tear us apart !! It will be tough matches like back in Sir Alex days . And I hated those days .

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Though match are sadly part of the game but I understand its better to have the less possible.

tiki_taka 8 years ago

If United is bigger than PSG, means that we talk about History, then its surely bigger than Chelsea with the same logic. Means that Mou deserves better than Chelsea with that exact logic which i think no one would agree...
Chelsea and PSG established themselves as strong teams in Europe, and both got money and squad quality to attract best coaches, i have a lot of respect for United and even more for Milan as institutions but views are made to be updated, from what perspective could United be a better destination atm ? Coaching Thiago Silva or Zlatan isnt what any big coach deserve ? or press hype is better ?
None of the destinations are bad, Mou was also linked with Valencia and i certainly not forget him going to big crisis Inter Milan and gave them 4 consecutive scudettos with a CL at Barça's expense, Mou doesnt need hype he needs a good direction that gives him the keys to do what he does best and PSG in this case could be the better destination.

Its like thinking that Simeone quitting Atletico for a money team is an upgrade to his career, it would be an upgrade only if the money team in question has a better quality on the field or a better direction.

If its based on a league taste, then Bayern isnt a deserving spot for him too ? because he will probably fight with better weapons ? NO i dont think so, PSG can be suitable for Mou and he is probably thinking of it...

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Mourinho at PSG would be disastrous news for other CL contenders. PSG will tactically improve by a large margin.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian98 The worse would most likely be ligue 1, even if another team got the financial ressource to fight against PSG, with Mou leading the team, it would still be all about PSG, I want to see more competitivity in ligue 1. :X Sorry if this sound a bit egoist.

tiki_taka 8 years ago

Marseille are on the market, they will get a new owner soon...

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Tiki_taka: Yeah, hopefully, its for the best, I just hope they manage to both keep their identity and manage to attract high quality player. A lot of people don't realise it, but its a hard to find a good balance between the two.

Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited

from what perspective could United be a better destination atm ?

I think it has to do with United winning League titles 21 times and being billionaire team with huge fan base around the world which topped only by Barcelona And Madrid ?

There is a foundation from Van Gaal , United just needs the better tactician . Van Gaal lost it unfortunately .

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

from what perspective could United be a better destination atm ?

I think it has to do with United winning League titles 20 times and being billionaire team with huge fan base around the world which topped only by Barcelona And Madrid ?

There is a foundation from Van Gaal , United just needs the better tactician . Van Gaal lost it unfortunately .

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Just give PSG 15 more year and they will most likely have the same, well, that is, unless they go bankrupt for a reason or another. But its true that Manchester United fanbase is stronger and will most likely be in the future as well. Then again, I don't think the fanbase alway matter for player and manager.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Emobot7 Always matters if you have the fans behind you if you ask me.

Personally I would love to have fans who would back me up in the hardest situations but on the other hand I would never manage teams like Real Madrid that its fans boo on the first draw or treat someone like they did with Benitez. I would love to have fans like Zvezda from Serbia or BVB's. Fans make football matter for me not the money.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Joze Indeed, very well said, fan are a great source of motivation in some case. If I was a manager or a player, I would love the kind of support BVB fan give. I hate when some people doesn't seem to care about their fan.