Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mourinho says Hazard better than CR7
Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

"Last season, yes [Hazard was better]," Mourinho said. "In spite of the fact that Ronaldo was fantastic. He was fantastic. He scored an incredible number of goals.

"I am not saying he is not fantastic. I am just saying that, in my personal view, every football player in the world should understand that a team has to be in front and no titles."

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

"Last season, yes [Hazard was better]," Mourinho said. "In spite of the fact that Ronaldo was fantastic. He was fantastic. He scored an incredible number of goals.

"I am not saying he is not fantastic. I am just saying that, in my personal view, every football player in the world should understand that a team has to be in front and no titles."

Comments
Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ronaldo' strength is direct free-kicks? Surely a joke. He's only good at FK's from 30+ yards. He is a garbage FK taker when close to the penalty area.

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Dyn: I guess it doesn't say which types of free kicks...

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@ashwin It's unfair to compare them. Ronaldo & Messi score more goals because the whole team MUST assist them to win all those individual stats in a league where defense is very poor. Mourinho said one thing that apparently only kids don't understand "Hazard is a team player" He only said that Hazard does not concentrate on individual glory but on his team Hazard is all about Dribble, Skills, Key passes, Creating chances. He is better than Ronaldo and Messi at them. Stats says it all but again that's all because they play a different role. People will hate to admit and I really don't care.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Alex: for the record, uhmn, in case of Messi. It's not true the whole team must assist him. If you watch Barca game in game out. You will see a complete opposite story.

As for Hazard, I think he's the best in EPL, no doubt!!! Last season De Gea should have been player of the year for me, But other than that for other position, Hazard tops everything and is a pleasure to watch. Having said that, I still believe Messi and Ronaldo are miles ahead of him. He still can catch up though

ashwin1729 9 years ago

@Alex: See what my first comment was.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Dont want to turn this into new debate . However , could not help but wonder why do United fans with all their heart think that De Gea deserved player of the year ahead of Sanchez let alone Hazard who was by miles most deserving bringing us double ?

Yeah great goalkeeping , but it still conceded 37 goals , Southampton goalie had better record . Ah you want to blame it on defense , well do you think Fonte and Yoshida are better defenders than Jones and Rojo ?

Very flashy great season but no reason to give him player of the season .

mladen 9 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

He is not better now,but I would rather him than Ronaldo.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

@Marcus: Ok, I admit Im a little bias here, but I have given all my reason in so many threats why De Gea deserved it in our opinion. The thing is, it might be wrong, but without him we wouldn't even be in CL next year.

You probably dont know, but if I have another season without watching MU in CL... I would probably have to see a therapist. All of my friend would make fun of us again.

LipeCarpi 9 years ago
Corinthians, Brazil 3 5

He's right . I agree.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

"Hazard is all about Dribble, Skills, Key passes, Creating chances. He is better than Ronaldo and Messi at them"

• LOL. Bias and immaturity at its finest. I'm not sure who the 'kid' is here, Alex. :)

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Dynastian Will you stop offending me? Did I even talk to you? Don't make me take an action towards you. And as for the stats look at your post you already posted and Hazard's stats in those bunch were higher than both Messi and Ronaldo.

JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@TheGame: Fair enough, I've read that wrong. However, James being on the same level as Hazard is still a ridiculous claim. Your main argument is that he had a better WC.. if that was the main indicator of a players ability than Diego Forlan should've been the Ballon d'Or winner in 2010, right? Wrong. Five good games aren't enough to be considered on the same level as a player who is amongst the best in the Premier League since three years, there are dozens of players who performed greatly in World Cup tournaments but were never considered elite players in the daily grind or at least didn't manage to emulate those performances. I also thought that I wouldn't have to tell you that goal scoring statistics (i.e. the amount of goals) don't show the whole picture, for me a players greatness is dependent on his influence on the game. Let's take a look at how important James' and Hazards goal were, meaning that their teams would have gotten fewer points if they didn't score (in other words, I didn't include games that ended with 2+ goal difference, although they were on the scoresheet):

James:
Goal against Atletico (FT 1:1) --> + 1 Pts
Goal against Sevilla (FT 2:1) --> + 3 Pts
Total 4 Points
<http://www.whoscored.com/Players/71182/Fixtures/James-Rodrguez>

Hazard:
Goal against QPR (FT 2:1) --> + 3 Pts
Goal against Southampton (FT 1:1) --> + 1 Pts
Goal against Liverpool (FT 1:1) --> + 1 Pts
Goal against Aston Villa (FT 2:1) --> + 3 Pts
Goal against West Ham (FT 1:0) --> + 3 Pts
Goal against Stoke (FT 2:1) --> + 3 Pts
Goal against Hull (FT 3:2) --> + 3 Pts
Goal against Manchester United (FT 1:0) --> + 3 Pts
Goal against Crystal Palace (FT 1:0) --> + 3 Pts
Total 24 Points
<http://www.whoscored.com/Players/33404/Fixtures/Eden-Hazard>

As you can see Hazards goals were of great importance whereas Real most likely would have won without James' goals. I also don't agree that the Premier League is of lesser quality than La Liga. I don't want to get dragged into those endless debates between the two leagues, but I'd say that only the Top 7 of La Liga is better than the Top 7 of the Premier League. Other than that, the Premier League teams (from positon 8 to position 20) look much stronger than their Spanish equivalents.

"Messi/Ronaldo are on a different planet compared to Hazard."
Umm, yeah, I've explicitly said that in one of my comments. What's the point in mentioning it again?

• History

@TheGame: Fair enough, I've read that wrong. However, James being on the same level as Hazard is still a ridiculous claim. Your main argument is that he had a better WC.. if that was the main indicator of a players ability than Diego Forlan should've been the Ballon d'Or winner in 2010, right? Wrong. Five good games aren't enough to be considered on the same level as a player who is amongst the best in the Premier League since three years, there are dozens of players who performed greatly in World Cup tournaments but were never considered elite players in the daily grind or at least didn't manage to emulate those performances. I also thought that I wouldn't have to tell you that goal scoring statistics don't show the whole picture, for me a players greatness is dependent on his influence on the game. Let's take a look at how important James' and Hazards goal were, meaning that their teams would have gotten fewer points if they didn't score (in other words, I didn't include games that ended with 2+ goal difference, although they were on the scoresheet):

James:
Total 4 Points
http://www.whoscored.com/Players/71182/Fixtures/James-Rodrguez

Hazard:Goal against QPR (FT 2:1) --> + 3 Pts

Total 24 Points
http://www.whoscored.com/Players/33404/Fixtures/Eden-Hazard

As you can see Hazards goals were of great importance whereas Real most likely would have won without James' goals. I also don't agree that the Premier League is of lesser quality than La Liga. I don't want to get dragged into those endless debates between the two leagues, but I'd say that only the Top 7 of La Liga is better than the Top 7 of the Premier League. Other than that, the Premier League teams (from positon 8 to position 20) look much stronger than their Spanish equivalents.

@TheGame: Fair enough, I've read that wrong. However, James being on the same level as Hazard is still a ridiculous claim. Your main argument is that he had a better WC.. if that was the main indicator of a players ability than Diego Forlan should've been the Ballon d'Or winner in 2010, right? Wrong. Five good games aren't enough to be considered on the same level as a player who is amongst the best in the Premier League since three years, there are dozens of players who performed greatly in World Cup tournaments but were never considered elite players in the daily grind or at least didn't manage to emulate those performances. I also thought that I wouldn't have to tell you that goal scoring statistics don't show the whole picture, for me a players greatness is dependent on his influence on the game. Let's take a look at how important James' and Hazards goal were, meaning that their teams would have gotten fewer points if they didn't score (in other words, I didn't include games that ended with 2+ goal difference, although they were on the scoresheet):

James:
Total 4 Points

Hazard:Goal against QPR (FT 2:1) --> + 3 Pts
Total 24 Points

James:
Total 4 Points

Hazard:
Total 24 Points

James:
Total 4 Points

Hazard:
Total 24 Points

Umm, yeah, I've explicitly said that in one of my comments. What's the point in mentioning it again?

James:
Total 4 Points

Hazard:
Total 24 Points

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

+1 @juanmata excellent written!

"If he was playing for R. Madrid, he would be on the same level as James
Rodriguez and nothing more. With that being said, even without Hazard, I
am sure Chelsea would've bagged the PL last season."

As the stats above show, Hazard clearly influenced the matches way more than both Ronaldo and James. And that's only the goals he made..which really weren't that many.. why? Because that's NOT his main purpose on the pitch. That's NOT why he's considered among the best players in the world or why he won ALL awards in BPL this season. Instead look at the chances he has created and the goal scoring opportunities he has provided for his team mates. Now, you can use all necessary stats to cover this OR you can watch an actual Chelsea game. I've got a feeling that I've watched more Chelsea games than thegame has and thus I feel fairly confident to say that Chelsea would not have bagged the title without a player in the likes of Hazard, which there are not many of.. With that being said, the James comparison is just ridiculous because I will assume Hazard would have the same role in RM if he was to play there and thus influence the game in the same way. It's not about the goals.

In the end of the say, Mourinho lifting his best player to the skies by comparing him to CR7 is nothing strange. In fact, it's pre-season and most managers do this, so I STILL don't understand what's all the fuzz is about. Hazard has been great with an incredible consistence last year and his manager wants to acknowledge this. What's the big deal? I really don't get it.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

@Juan: I agree your statement regarding Hazard is better, but I completely disagree with the state you have given. Simply it doesnt mean ANYTHING.

Goals should NOT be the factor measured for these 2 guys when it comes to comparison. And other claims regarding the two league would never end either. Bottom line, the claim via stats between the 2 leagues aint mean nothing, cups that share between the 2 would be relavant though (CL or Europa league)

Anyway, Hazard for me is better than James

ashwin1729 9 years ago Edited

@Dynast: Regarding the above comment between James/Modric...we all know who keeps Real ticking, and it's certainly not James. James is an important player, but its Modric who controls the game. Stats might say a different story, but I'd like to see what the winning percentage is when only one of Modric or James play. Reason being, James can be replaced with another ACM...but Modric can not be...

@Marcus: DeGea was the difference between 70 points and 46 points. Can you say the same thing about any other goal keeper?

• History

@Dynast: Regarding the above comment between James/Modric...we all know who keeps Real ticking, and it's certainly not James. James is an important player, but its Modric who controls the game. Stats might say a different story, but I'd like to see what the winning percentage is when only one of Modric or James play. Reason being, James can be replaced with another ACM...but Modric can not be...

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@ashwin

Based on what stats ? Where do you get this info ? I honestly curious . You are United fan so you should probably know about your player more than anyone .

@juan mata @ktbf

+1 excellent points .

• History

@ashwin

Based on what stats ? Where do you get this info ?

@ashwin

Based on what stats ? Where do you get this info ? I honestly curious . You are United fan so you should probably know about your player more than anyone .

@ashwin

@juan mata

+1 excellent points .

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

@ashwin: excellent point regarding Modric!

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@JuanMata10, once again you're not comprehending what I am writing. My main argument is NOT that he had a better WC; my main argument is that comparisons between James and Hazard can easily be made because there is not much of a difference between both players when viewed holistically. You talk about the influence of a player on the pitch; well, from a very simplistic perspective, it is much easier to shine when all your team mates are willing the feed the ball to you (as in the case of Hazard), whereas James plays with the likes of C. Ronaldo, G. Bale, Benzema, etc. So, conversely, it is much harder to shine in a team full of superstars. And that is why the statistics you provided are arbitrary and aren't a good representation of which player is better, because the team composition is different. I still maintain that Hazard would be just as good as James if he played for Madrid; if James played for Chelsea, he would contribute just as much as Hazard. Even if there is a good argument for why Hazard is a better player, the fact that there is still an argument reinforces what I've been saying all along: Messi and Ronaldo are MILES ahead of a Hazard or a James, both of whom will never reach their level. As far as the La Liga debate goes, who cares if there is more competition from positions 8-20? Those positions will never amount to winning the major competitions in their respective leagues or any silverware in Europe.

rayrex7 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Dammmnn, TheGame is on fire!
I feel we should change the topic to TheGame, ashwin and Dyna vs JuanMata10, KTBBFHSWE and marcus

Best players: TheGame vs marcus
Reff: tuan_jinn
Commentary: me

score: 1-1 (thegame and JuanMata)

• History

Dammmnn, TheGame is on fire!

I feel we should change the topic to TheGame, ashwin and Dyna vs JuanMata10, KTBBFHSWE and marcus

Best players: TheGame vs marcus

Reff: tuan_jinn

Commentary: me

score: 1-1 (thegame and JuanMata)

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

^hahaha

Discussion Closed