Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mourinho makes 2016 Guinness Book of Records
Gennady 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United 284 3961

Jose Mourinho has had his name entered into the 2016 version of the Guinness Book of Records.

Mourinho’s five managerial records in the latest edition of the famous and prestigious book are as follows:

Longest football unbeaten home run by a manager (nine years)

Most Champions League titles with different clubs (two)

Youngest manager to reach 100 Champions League matches (49 years 12 days)

Most points in a Premier League season (95)

Most games unbeaten at home in the Premier League (77)

Mourinho was pleased to be recognised by such an iconic publication.‘The fact they gave me the awards in a way that I can put them up in my office is nice,’ he said.'It’s something fun and as a kid you could never imagine that one day you would be in the Guinness Book of Records.‘You know me, these awards are for something I did in the past and obviously it’s nice, but for me what’s more important is what I can do in the future.’

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Jose Mourinho has had his name entered into the 2016 version of the Guinness Book of Records.

Mourinho’s five managerial records in the latest edition of the famous and prestigious book are as follows:

Longest football unbeaten home run by a manager (nine years)

Most Champions League titles with different clubs (two)

Youngest manager to reach 100 Champions League matches (49 years 12 days)

Most points in a Premier League season (95)

Most games unbeaten at home in the Premier League (77)

Mourinho was pleased to be recognised by such an iconic publication.

‘The fact they gave me the awards in a way that I can put them up in my office is nice,’ he said.

'It’s something fun and as a kid you could never imagine that one day you would be in the Guinness Book of Records.

‘You know me, these awards are for something I did in the past and obviously it’s nice, but for me what’s more important is what I can do in the future.’

Comments
JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

One question though: why did he get the record for most CL titles with different clubs (two)?? There are others who managed to do it, too (Hitzfeld, Happel, Heynckes & Ancelotti)?

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

He's already legend despite being very hateful sometimes.

Yeah I have the same question about number of CL's title for different clubs, do they just invent it for Mou like Fifa did for Ronaldo (Most valueable player)...

Gennady 9 years ago Edited

@JuanMata10 Well the book is 2016 edition. Hitzfeld & Heynckes retired. Happel died. Ancelotti is currently not involved in football.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@JuanMata10 Well the book is 2016 addition. Hitzfeld & Heynckes retired. Happel died. Ancelotti is currently not involved in football.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

That doesn't make any sense to me. DO they publish "only-that-year" kind of record now?

Gennady 9 years ago

Well yeah I know they release an edition every year, but maybe it's just not mentioned that 3 other managers are included as well... not sure

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Best 2 Managers in the world: Sir. Alex & Mourinho.

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

^I think ancelotti and guardiola are better

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

^better than mourinho but not better than sir alex fergusen

Gennady 9 years ago

FYI CHRIS SMALLING is also a guinness world record holder now LOL

Manchester United defender Smalling also bagged himself two records after scoring the fastest goal in the Premier League by a substitute from kick-off, when he netted against Burnley in just five minutes nine seconds last season.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@liomessi Yes, Ancelotti and Guardiola are in top 5.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Longest football unbeaten home run by a manager (nine years). How ? He lost at The Bridge, Guizeppe Meazza and Bernabeu. I may not have understood the record...

Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Gennady Hmm... I thought that record was held by Bendtner

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

The special one.
1st 8 times (in 4 different countries)
2nd 3 times
3rd 1 time

Jose Mourinho has done a lot of achievements and broke many records and yet there are a lot of years ahead of him.