Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

MORATA'S A BLUE Chelsea agree Alvaro Morata deal!
AlexBatak 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

MORATA'S A BLUE Chelsea agree Alvaro Morata deal for £68m as Antonio Conte finally lands Real Madrid striker

ANTONIO CONTE has finally won his battle for a striker after Chelsea agreed a club-record £68m fee with Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata.

Morata is set to break off from Madrid’s pre-season tour of the US to thrash out personal terms with the Premier League champions.

Striking a deal for Morata ends weeks of frustration for Conte who sees a new frontman as vital for the defence of the title next season.

It also means he has won his battle with rebel Diego Costa who will now be free to negotiate his return to Atletico Madrid.

The agreement for Morata comes just 24 hours after Conte himself agreed a new two year contract which doubled his money to £10m a year.

Welcome to Chelsea Morata!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

MORATA'S A BLUE Chelsea agree Alvaro Morata deal for £68m as Antonio Conte finally lands Real Madrid striker

ANTONIO CONTE has finally won his battle for a striker after Chelsea agreed a club-record £68m fee with Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata.

Morata is set to break off from Madrid’s pre-season tour of the US to thrash out personal terms with the Premier League champions.

Striking a deal for Morata ends weeks of frustration for Conte who sees a new frontman as vital for the defence of the title next season.

It also means he has won his battle with rebel Diego Costa who will now be free to negotiate his return to Atletico Madrid.

The agreement for Morata comes just 24 hours after Conte himself agreed a new two year contract which doubled his money to £10m a year.

Comments
Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Well, sh*t. I ate my words alright, but also I was always for Costa to stay. Didn’t think that Morata will be such a whimp as if we had Torres once again but at least Torres brought us some important trophies and goals.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 A great man once said:

Chat shit get banged

Thats what you just did man, sorry to tell you. :P

SuperFrankie 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 1 75

Hey guys this is Alex, it's been awhile, I hope everyone is doing great! This is my new account and God! How wrong I was about Morata or what I expected from him haha

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@SuperFrankie Hey Alex! Its great to see you. Been too long. And yeah, Morata didn't really live up to the expectation that were put in him. A bit dissapointing to be sure but hopefully, Chelsea next main striker will be more effective! :D

SuperFrankie 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 1 75

Hey Emobot! I gave up on us landing a decent Striker haha there will never be another Drogba, the closest we had was Costa and we let him go

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Oh shit, no way. Good to see you back on board, Alex. Place wasn't the same without ya.

SuperFrankie 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 1 75

Hey iHEARTfootball! I literally remember all of you haha This place is still awesome :)

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Aleeeeex is dat youuuu?

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@SuperFrankie Ah, gotta say I mostly agree with you. Drogba was amazing, a special player, not really a lots that could compare. As for the Costa, yes, he was also extremly good and very clinical for Chelsea. However, I don't give up on Chelsea getting another solid striker in the future. For now however, lets hope the current players do well enough.

SuperFrankie 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 1 75

Quikzyyyyy hey bro yeah it's me haha been awhile I hope you are doing great

@emobot before we got Torres we were going for Aguero but it was the year Man City got the money and paid more than us so we went for an injured Torres. If we had Aguero we prolly wouldn't have a problem with strikers ever again. In Torres defense tho he has 1 Champions league whereas Aguero doesn't. Also it just seems like there aren't many good strikers nowadays like before. There used to be so many good strikers like Henry, Drogba, Eto and such not to talk about before them there were even more.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@SuperFrankie Yeah, modern football hasn't been too kind to striker I fear. I don't think its the player being that much worse rather than the game has changed a bit. Nowaday, there is less space for attacker to work with the ball and to receive pass and that play a big role for me. Less time on the ball is also a factor that make it harder for striker to be dangerous and they need to make the most of every chance they get and even then, its not a lot most of the time. But yeah, even with all those point, I don't think Chelsea had a striker like Drogba since he left. What a player he was. :D

Dynastian98 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

before we got Torres we were going for Aguero but it was the year Man City got the money and paid more than us so we went for an injured Torres.

That's a lie. Aguero was purchased by City after the Torres transfer, and for less money.

January 2011 -> Torres to Chelsea for 50.000.000
July 2011 -> Aguero to City for 40.000.000

In Torres defense tho he has 1 Champions league whereas Aguero doesn't

You're attributing a team accomplishment to a player who did next to nothing that entire tournament. His one notable contribution was a last-minute goal against Barcelona. Hell, your team didn't even let him take a penalty vs. Bayern when he asked to. That's how little your squad thought of him.

Also it just seems like there aren't many good strikers nowadays like before. There used to be so many good strikers like Henry, Drogba, Eto and such not to talk about before them there were even more.

Cavani, Kane, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Griezmann, Jovic, Aguero... there are quite a bit of good strikers. It's just that none of them want to come to Chelsea.

• History

before we got Torres we were going for Aguero but it was the year Man City got the money and paid more than us so we went for an injured Torres.

That's a lie. Aguero was purchased by City after the Torres transfer, and for less money.

January 2011 -> Torres to Chelsea for 50.000.000
July 2011 -> Aguero to City for 40.000.000

In Torres defense tho he has 1 Champions league whereas Aguero doesn't

You're attributing a team accomplishment to a player who did next to nothing that entire tournament. His one notable contribution was a last-minute goal against Barcelona. Hell, your team didn't even let him take a penalty vs. Bayern when he asked to. That's how little your squad thought of him.

Also it just seems like there aren't many good strikers nowadays like before. There used to be so many good strikers like Henry, Drogba, Eto and such not to talk about before them there were even more.

Cavani, Kane, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Griezmann, Jovic, Aguero... there are quite a bit of good strikers. It's just that none of them want to come to Chelsea. Even Costa wanted to return to Atletico.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Hi SuperFrankie,

Hope you are not the other FrankLampard account that comes on some of the highlights and is an absolute tit. lol
Welcome back to Footyroom and nice to meet you.

SuperFrankie 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 1 75

Oh man Dynastian you still argue with everyone you didn't change huh :D I won't say more than we were linked heavily with Aguero before Torres but eh whatever :) these strikers you mentioned aren't at the same level as Drogba and Henry etc some of them are only good because their teams are good. Also for not joining Chelsea well I guess no one wants Madrid either since Benzima is your main striker now. Also why mention Ronaldo he wasn't even a striker or never was considered a striker before. I just wanted to say hi lol

• History

Oh man Dynastian you still argue with everyone you didn't change huh :D I won't say more than we were linked heavily with Aguero before Torres but eh whatever :) these strikers you mentioned aren't at the same level as Drogba and Henry etc they are only good because their teams are good. Also for not joining Chelsea well I guess no one wants Madrid either since Benzima is your main striker now. Also why mention Ronaldo he wasn't even a striker or never was considered a striker before. I just wanted to say hi lol

SuperFrankie 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 1 75

lol no @Ledley Nice to meet you too :)

SuperFrankie 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 1 75

I will leave this here @danystian :)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/6255621/aguero-eyes-chelsea-move

Aguero: 11/07/10

"If an offer comes in from the right club and Atletico feels it is the right price, then a deal can be done," Aguero told the Daily Star on Sunday.

"Of course Chelsea is of interest as they are one of the most powerful teams in European football.

"They show their intent summer after summer in the transfer market and more often than not that intent will see them end the season with at least one trophy."

"As a player you need to look after your future financially but the truth is most top European clubs would offer me top packages"

"What I need to consider is where I can win things and I know for sure I can win things at Chelsea."

"You look at their players and you are excited about any future you may have there."

"To be the strike partner of Didier Drogba is a thing many players would love to be.”

• History

I will leave this here @danystian :)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/6255621/aguero-eyes-chelsea-move

Aguero:

"If an offer comes in from the right club and Atletico feels it is the right price, then a deal can be done," Aguero told the Daily Star on Sunday.

"Of course Chelsea is of interest as they are one of the most powerful teams in European football.

"They show their intent summer after summer in the transfer market and more often than not that intent will see them end the season with at least one trophy."

"As a player you need to look after your future financially but the truth is most top European clubs would offer me top packages"

"What I need to consider is where I can win things and I know for sure I can win things at Chelsea."

"You look at their players and you are excited about any future you may have there."

"To be the strike partner of Didier Drogba is a thing many players would love to be.”

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Ledley Yeah don't worry about him, we know Alex from way back, he was an outstanding user way before I even knew what FR was. You can trust him for sure. ;)

@Dynastian Well, yeah for sure, there are still lots of very good striker, it just... I don't know, it feel like they are less scary than the player Alex named.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Alex you back! Good to have you back!

And yes, we were linked with Agüero before Torres. We were very close and Torres was a compulsive purchase. I am not mad as much because Torres has played his crucial roles in our EL and CL victories.

Dynastian98 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Also for not joining Chelsea well I guess no one wants Madrid either since Benzima is your main striker now.

Except Hazard, apparently.

Also why mention Ronaldo he wasn't even a striker or never was considered a striker before.

Because Ronaldo plays as a striker for Juventus. You'd know this if you watched any football outside of the EPL.

• History

Also for not joining Chelsea well I guess no one wants Madrid either since Benzima is your main striker now.

Except Hazard, apparently.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynastian I think he was talking about striker though. ;p

• History

@Dynastian I think he was talking about striker though.