Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Monaco to sack Henry?
_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Henry suspended by Monaco and expected to be fired after just about 3 months.

I'm really disappointed with Monaco how they have handled everything... especially the transfer window and then expect miracles from their coaches. That's not how it works imo

What is your opinion about this? Is it fair to kick Henry? Is he maybe not ready to lead a highest division club yet?

Comments
DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

A great player does not always translate into a good coach. Additionally, it is not just something that is given to you without time to build your "resume". As Marcus said, it takes time to build your reputation and Henry did not have that deep a background.

Shame on Monaco for picking someone so green. That clearly sends a message to the team that they are not really looking out for their best interest. You would assume management would want the best possible option to help make the team better.

As for Henry, his player reputation will carry him into more things, coaching being one of them. He needs to just start within a responsible position and work his way up.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Marcus: there is a fine line between defending, adoring and being deluded.

Just as much as people here like to defend certain players and managers because they believe in their greatness, I do the same for my favorite Manager.

This sounds great, and the right thing to do. EXCEPT, the rational fans know when it's wrong, when to acknowledge flaw and when to give credit when it dues.

Your loyalty toward Mourinho really cloud your argument when it comes to him. He failed, as simple as that, trust me, I scream as much as the next fan when we won the Europa League, or any goal

And NO ONE watch MU closer than us fans (not Mourinho fans of MU), but that Europa League is probably the easiest one we won, (look at the path) with one of the ugliest football in years..., the problem is not that, though, the problem is: our football is getting worse. Old Traford is NOT the place it's used to be under MOU, teams come here without any fear, no more exciting in watching the team...

Last but not least,

I dont think you are in the right angle to imply we don't appreciate our manager, or what he had done for us!!!!

That's blatantly wrong. We criticize a series, a trend of games going downward. We suffer as the club, the team play the worst kind of football for months and all the controversy crap come with it. Comparing him to the time of Sir. Alex is not the right excuse we need, we are not stupid, but we also not that stupid to know, keeping Mourinho is a mistake and it needed to end!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Just as much as people here like to defend certain players and managers because they believe in their greatness, I do the same for my favorite Manager.

This sounds great, and the right thing to do. EXCEPT, the rational fans know when it's wrong, when to acknowledge flaw and when to give credit when it dues.

Your loyalty toward Mourinho really cloud your argument when it comes to him. He failed, as simple as that, trust me, I scream as much as the next fan when we won the Europa League, or any goal

And NO ONE watch MU closer than us fans (not Mourinho fans of MU), but that Europa League is probably the easiest one we won, (look at the path) with one of the ugliest football in years..., the problem is not that, though, the problem is: our football is getting worse. Old Traford is NOT the place it's used to be under MOU, teams come here without any fear, no more exciting in watching the team...

Last but not least,

You are not in the place to call us out and imply we don't appreciate our manager, what we have done for us!!!!

That's blatantly wrong. We criticize a series, a trend of games going downward. We suffer as the club, the team play the worst kind of football for months and all the controversial come with it. Comparing him to the time of Sir. Alex is not the right excuse we need, we are not stupid, but we also not that stupid to know, keeping Mourinho is a mistake and it needed to end!

Last but not least,

You are not in the place to call us out and imply we don't appreciate our manager, or what he had done for us!!!!

That's blatantly wrong. We criticize a series, a trend of games going downward. We suffer as the club, the team play the worst kind of football for months and all the controversy crap come with it. Comparing him to the time of Sir. Alex is not the right excuse we need, we are not stupid, but we also not that stupid to know, keeping Mourinho is a mistake and it needed to end!

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

With that being said, I still think he is a great manager, might be one of the best in history. But success in the past does guarantee sh!!t in the future.

He was once great does not mean everything he spits out of his mouth makes sense, he is not a great debater, not anymore. He's just blaming and blaming, again and again. His method once worked, backfired on him multiple times (proven in the last 5 years in his last 3 clubs). This is just my opinion on your opinion, I dont say I am right though.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

Mou is not bad in any way, it’s just that he hasn’t achieved what was expected from him. And those expectations comes from all the success he has achieved in the past. So yes you can’t live on success from the past, but to be fair, why do people build their expectations on his past if they at the same time say he can’t live on the past? Isn’t that a bit hypocritical?!
Don’t forget the medias (and the pundits) role in all of this... from building up the hype around him to kick him when he is lying down.
In my opinion it comes down to the managers getting too much of the blame when things go bad, while the club, board and players get away too easily. Just look how Monaco now goes back to Jardim putting their trust in him, as if they didn’t sack him in the first place.
And the list goes on... Wenger, Conte, Ancelotti, Ranieri etc etc

And then people wonder why ones like Zidane and Pep leave their clubs while in a succesful run?!

Mou was to blame in Man Utd, but far far from the only one in that club. As they say, it takes two to tango... but in Man Utd they were many more.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

Who will get attracted by the prospect of being managed by inexperienced manager?

Player who played with him before like Cesc Fabregas or player who played under him when he was with Belgium national team like Batshuayi (though that one didn't happen). He also got a lots of respect from other player especially French one so he might have been one of the reason Vainqueur ended up joining them. Player prestige also attract player but I agree it doesn't mean anything in term of strategy and gameplan.

It takes years to build reputation and one big FCK UP to loose it all!

Depending on the manager, it can take more than one FCK UP to loose it all. In Mourino case, teams still seem to think he is a top manager despite the way he got sacked by Chelsea and United, which I personally feel didn't look great at all for him.

• History

Who will get attracted by the prospect of being managed by inexperienced manager?

Player who played with him before like Cesc Fabregas or player who played under him when he was with Belgium national team like Batshuayi (though that one didn't happen). He also got a lots of respect from other player especially French one so he might have been one of the reason Vainqueur ended up joining them. Player prestige also attract player but I agree it doesn't mean anything in term of strategy and gameplan.

It takes years to build reputation and one big FCK UP to loose it all!

Depending on the manager, it can take more than one FCK UP to loose it all. In Mourino case, teams still seem to think he is a top manager.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

It takes years to build reputation and one big FCK UP to loose it all! Especially, when you prior reputation was assistant to Belgium and demagogue pundit, and now big failure from Monaco.

was it that big FCK UP? Jardim failed as badly before him, let's see what will Monaco do without him.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@tuan

It is going to be hard to get used to this new reality of old trafford, but no one in EPL fears to go to any stadium especially Old Trafford way before Mourinho. Ferguson himself has lost some embarrassing matches before he left. You just might become new Liverpool living in memories of past glories. It will be many more years ahead perhaps, but never again United will be as dominant as they have been before. Game has changed and EPL has changed.

Also, i do accept his flaws, but what I don't accept is blaming him for all Uniteds problems. Everything we say here is a subjective opinion, but fact are that he was your most successful manager since Alex Ferguson. Deal with the reality.

@pele

why do people build their expectations on his past if they at the same time say he can’t live on the past? Isn’t that a bit hypocritical?!
Don’t forget the medias (and the pundits) role in all of this... from building up the hype around him to kick him when he is lying down.

Pundits are whores of media and will suck up anyone then overhype them and i think they do that based on fans reaction also vice a versa.

The fans are like a woman - a woman loves caring, a woman wants love, a woman wants warmth and attention. If she does not give it in time, she will raise a rebellion, right? I believe that clubs should communicate with the fans, so they have a larger voice and understand what's going on behind the doors, but at the same time fans shouldn't have too much power and influence.There should be a balance.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@emo

Player who played with him before like Cesc Fabregas

La Galaxy can also attract Fabregas. He is slow and lazy at this age. Perfect for MLS.

In Mourino case, teams still seem to think he is a top manager despite
the way he got sacked by Chelsea and United, which I personally feel
didn't look great at all for him.

He brought us titles with a team that needed transfers. He had a serious title run in the first year and many can argue that we should have won that first year too as we let it slip and pulled Liverpool after us by allowing unconvincing City to win it. Amen, i don't how you draw the comparison with Mourinho who has delivered titles and won, wether you like the style or not. He also broke some records as he was winning ok i will just stop because this topic is getting too much attention but i just suggest to look at his record and MANY Serious factors that were involved throughout the season. Mourinho won't be jobless for long and it won't be some mid level club but top club because despite controversy he also brings publicity. People follow his career wether they like him or not. Any publicity is a good publicity. It is entertainment sport.

@quikzy

Did you miss the fact that Jardim was managing since 90s and had a successful spell at Monaco until all of his best players were sold left and right? Do you take those factors into consideration that he lost foundation of his winning team? It seems that you look at things on the surface just like many fans. Devil is in the many other details of his failure in last season.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Do you take those factors into consideration that he lost foundation of his winning team? It seems that you look at things on the surface just like many fans.

exactly, so, why do you expect Henry to do better than Jardim without any experience? that makes no sense at all.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

I didn't expect Henry to do better, you have misunderstood me. I expected him to do bad, and i only made comment on his judgement before he took on this role. It was a terrible career decision to start with sinking club.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

It certainly wasn't smart, but rather try and fail than ask what if.. Both Henry & Monaco have learned a lesson imo.

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@quickzy I disagree, there is a difference between first challenge and suicide. Only a desperate coach can go in a club where 80% were injured, new commers not integrated at all, last position in the table, Owner under investigation and very bad athmosphere. It’s a quest Of being smart or completely stupid. Vieira was smart, started in MLS, they gave him Arsenal with the backing of Wenger and chose Nice. Henry was stupid, and there is no big club who will give him the keys of another squad again.

Why ? Fresh coach with no experience, black, and risky business for the direction : if things doesn’t new in a new club, everyone would blame president about appointing a looser.

As a result, Vieira may have a long career, Henry lost his job as coach and also as a pundit, each time he will give his opinion on a situation they will remember him how good were his results... 0 credibility

• History

@quickzy I completely disagree, there is a difference between first challenge and suicide. Only a desperate coach can go in a club where 80% were injured, new commers not integrated at all, last position in the table, Owner under investigation and very bad athmosphere. It’s a quest Of being smart or completely stupid. Vieira was smart, started in MLS, they gave him Arsenal with the backing of Wenger and chose Nice. Henry was stupid, and there is no big club who will give him the keys of another squad again.

Why ? Fresh coach with no experience, black, and risky business for the direction : if things doesn’t new in a new club, everyone would blame president about appointing a looser.

As a result, Vieira may have a long career, Henry lost his job as coach and also as a pundit, each time he will give his opinion on a situation they will remember him how good were his results... 0 credibility

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

Its not completely over for Henry. He needs to take a big step back and try smaller clubs or Jr teams for some time (years?)... Even the best of managers would have had a hard time in Monaco.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

exactly, he has failed, so? seems like people think it's over for him because the challenge was too much. these people would never be successful if they never took any risk.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

I agree with Pelle and quikzyyy, considering how bad Monaco already were before Henry was in charge, it won't be considered like such a bad results and he won't get the full blame.

In the case of Mourinho however, how to you go from winning the Premier League one season to getting your team just one point clear of the relegation? If that isn't a FCK UP for you Marcus, I don't know what could be considered one. However, I don't want you to think I don't respect Mou for the positive he did, he obviously is an amazing manager at time, especially when he get into a team for the first one or two year when he can beat record like it was the easiest thing in the world. My thought on him however is that most team he manage tend to begin to become inconsistent once he manage to bring them some amount of success (sometime, very big amount of success as well). Thats all, no direspect intended.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@emo

Klopp was in relegation zone with Dortmund too. Look at him he bounced back. Dortmund was an amazing team, so perhaps there were other factors that were influencing the performance, have you ever let that thought to cross your mind? His FCk up didn't stop Liverpool from giving him a job, because man is a world class professional. Let's be honest, some managers like Mourinho will come and start winning with few additions into the team, then managers like Klopp who will take time to build his team. I think there are higher expectations of Mourinho, and rightly so because he has set that standard himself. Perhaps, his third seasons wouldn't be so terrible, if he was given what he had asked. Our board told him that you have EPL winning team, so don't you don't need anymore players. Same has happened at United. Maybe it is time to give the man exactly what he wants and who he wants then results will be different.

Now, let me round this back to Henry because this guy goes to Monaco knowing that he won't able to bring players that will fix the team, because Monaco needs players and buying Fabregas doesn't solve anything in that department. His clouded judgment and assessment of the job that he was taken on was influenced probably by his impatience and emotions to start managing.

Children make emotional decisions and his decision to many hiring clubs will always seem childish. It shows his lack of analytics, maturity ( not just as a manager but as a PROFESSIONAL OVERALL) and good decision making. Ok lets say he still goes there then he probably should have told them that I want assurances of transfer budget with large x amount, time to build the team and full undisputed backing. And even then, he should have been still cautious because this team is going through some serious problems that aren't going to be fixed in 4 months. Ah it is just so immature of him.

At last, just read about his management time and watch his tactics that he deployed. He was abysmal not just in management of team tactics but people management as well. Boy if you are bad in both to the point that players asked club to fire him, then it is obvious how awful Henry was. I wish him all the luck, but he will need more than just luck to get back into management.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

At last, Monaco is doing awful right now and many managers would have been doing bad there but not as bad as Henry did because it was total clusterfck!

He should have done things same way Patrick Viera did and not follow Neville's footsteps. This sneaky ex United player set him up for it :))

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Well, I get what you mean, its easier to trust a manager who has brought success to a team at one point even if said manager did poorly in his last season there. Still think Henry won't suffer too much from this choice, he is young, he can bounce back, he can do it something akin to Lampard and manage a second division team instead of trying to jump step and it should be alright. Pretty sure some team are still going to give him his chance in a better situation than what Monaco did.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

He should seek for a job straight away. Not later but now, because that will show a strength of character and determination to actually succeed as manager. Not like Neville, who got beat up so badly that he went back into his pundit hole determined to never go out there again!

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Very fair comment, I agree with it. Would be dissapointing if he didn't tried again in the summer at least.