Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Monaco to sack Henry?
_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Henry suspended by Monaco and expected to be fired after just about 3 months.

I'm really disappointed with Monaco how they have handled everything... especially the transfer window and then expect miracles from their coaches. That's not how it works imo

What is your opinion about this? Is it fair to kick Henry? Is he maybe not ready to lead a highest division club yet?

Comments
SarriBall 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

A pundit wins every match because he doesn't play any - Jose Mourinho

enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

enter image description here

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Lolll that's spot on

srk_rox 5 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

Henry & Gary: No management experience? Nevermind, not a problem. I will still accept the job offer from a big club. People need to adore me. I am so big that I need to be on TV watched by millions.

Honestly, Henry was so awful in punditry as well.. most of the times, he doesn't have an opinion and simply ayes Jamie and Gary.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

To be honest, i agree. He is ok pundit. lol did his wife put him up to this saying that he is magnificent raising his confidence through the roof or Wenger gave him words of encouragement ?

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I will still accept the job offer from a big club. People need to adore me. I am so big that I need to be on TV watched by millions.

why would you refuse this offer? you would be dumb to say no, even though the whole situation in Monaco was less than ideal.

option 1: you will learn more about managing, you will get praise, earn money
option 2: you will get sacked, learn what you shouldn't do, get some huge bonus and get back to being pundit/manager assistant.

it's a win/win situation for him.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

Neville is still recovering from option 2, so much so that he refused to manage again. That must have hurt him pretty bad!

on the bench you cannot stop the Video,you cannot touch the Screen and make movements happen

• Mourinho
  • History

Neville is still recovering from option 2, so much so that he refused to manage again. That must have hurt him pretty bad!

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Also you have forgotten that credibility goes down the drain and hard to recover it. Neville is ex United player, Englishman, white and had far more successful time as pundit, yet still it was slow return for him.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

well, at least he has tried it, better lose it than later ask what if?

is Mourinho recovering now as well?

srk_rox 5 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

Its funny to visualise how Neville's and Henry's training sessions and dressing room talks would be like. Both of them would be hilarious in their own ways.

Neville trying hard to speak a word in Spanish or use an interpreter for everything that would make everyone including himself go mad.

I have no words for Henry. He could be so insightful when he talks about his own position. Anything other than that, he would simply struggle as we see from his punditry talks.

It was emotional what if rather than logical one and well thought out one. Children's decisions are driven by emotions.

I don't know what Mourinho should recover from? He left United with 3 titles, runner up to EPL race, left a strong built team and FAT PAYCheck with his name on it from Mr. Woodward. What does Henry leaves with from Monaco other than the tears?

• History

It was emotional what if rather than logical one and well thought out one. Children's decisions are driven by emotions.

I don't know what Mourinho should recover from? He left United with 3 titles, runner up to EPL race and left a strong built team. What does Henry leaves in Monaco other than the tears?

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

left a strong built team

which seems to perform twice better without him.

srk_rox 5 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

@quikzyy
A job on offer doesn't mean you have to accept. We know a lot of owners aren't the football intellects to take the right decisions.

Its not right to say that Henry was out there to learn his trade and have his little fling. The pride of a huge huge club like Monaco is at stake. Henry should have genuinely thought about the poor football fans who come week in and out to see their team winning and Not to see their manager learning.

I am finding it difficult to prove my point. Anyway, think about it this way. Offering a job is one thing. Accepting the job offer to take the club forward when you have zero experience is other thing

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Most impressive thing for me yet is that Jardim actually came back. Considering how he was sacked, I must say I didn't saw it coming.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Henry should have genuinely thought about the poor football fans who come week in and out to see their team winning and Not to see their manager learning.

Monaco had 1 win in the league from 9 matches, they had 10 matches in all competition without a win. The fans were hardly watching Monaco winning week in week out.

Team on brink of a relegation offers a job to the manager with zero experience and then sack him, should I pretend I'm surprised?

If I offer you job worth a lot of money you would decline it because you feel sorry for the employees?

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@quikzy

Why do you dig into it like this as if you started watching football yesterday? Your club started to play very well suddenly when Wenger left. Things freshen and players feel they won, so they play their true ability. He left us a strong team that underperformed and then same squad next year with similar tactics ( oh because Conte used 3 at the back didn't make us any less defensive and counter attacking team) won EPL. Then same players stoped playing under him and goes on and on the wheel of stupidity!

Now back to Henry, i doubt Monaco will be playing any better after he left and definitely clubs needs major restructuring from top to bottom.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Actually expecting them to play better because Jardim had plenty of time to think about what to do to fix the team. It will also help a lots that they actually brought some reinforcement. To be fair, Monaco plan all along might have been to get Henry for the sole reason of attracting player, don't you guys think? Considering they re-hired the same manager that they already before, it would make sense actually.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Marcus: to be faor, your love for Mourinho makes all of your arguments become so irrelevant as soon as you mention him. Too big of a fan I reckon... Its almost incredible how you always find an excuse for him. Who has been One big fat failure and living on the past success.
He needs to chill and find himself somewhere again, renovate his tactic and be the best again, only if he and his fans realize that the way he built success no longer works.

Henry on the other hand deserved anything he had today as he took the hardest task of all. Not up to the task, nor have enough experience to turns thing around. Games are dull.

What i am surprised the most is: he couldnt even manage to get a single bright result in the last 10 games.

• History

@Marcus: to be faor, your love for Mourinho makes all of your arguments become so irrelevant as soon as you mention him. Too big of a fan I reckon... Its almost incredible how you always find an excuse for him. Who has been One big fat failure and living on the past success. He needs to chill and find himself somewhere again, renovate his tactic and be the best again, only if he and his fans realize that the way he built success no longer work.

Henry on the other hand deserved anything he had today as he took the hardest task of all. Not up to the task, nor have enough experience to turns thing around. Games are dull.

What i am surprised the most is: he couldnt even manage to get a single bright result in the last 10 games.

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Henry was dumb. (same as Neville)

No manager gets to where they are without a period of learning. Especially nowadays there is a huge learning curve with a very short time limit, why would he risk tarnishing his reputation for future managerial positions by going in without any previous experience?

He was dumb. (same as Neville)

To those of you saying that why wouldn't he want to take a job even if he gets sacked - manager's prospects come about from their reputation, why do you think the same bunch of manager's are always hired again and again? because they know what to expect, and clubs hierarchy want to make sure to be able to keep their own jobs: by taking the smallest gamble/risk (because every time you hire a manager or recruit a new player its a gamble)

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@tuan

Yes, I am Mourinho loyalist. Just as much as people here like to defend certain players and managers because they believe in their greatness, I do the same for my favorite Manager. I think he has much more in him left than you think. It is nice to talk down on the manager when things are going good after he left, but lets wait where United finishes and where will it go next year.

At last for the record, "One big failure" got you Europa League title, league title, FA community shield and finished second in EPL with One Big joke of a team. Hard to admit that fact but it is a fact. What did United win since Ferguson left?

@greatone

Exactly. Henry is one of my all time favorite players, but what a dumb decision! He had real life experience sitting right next to him, and that wasn't enough to convince him out of it.

Lol you know what, i think Garry actually fully supported it! LOL They told him come on, do it and it is life time opportunity blah blah! lol

@emo

Monaco plan all along might have been to get Henry for the sole
reason of attracting player, don't you guys think?

Who will get attracted by the prospect of being managed by inexperienced manager?

Zidane for example was under the wing of Mourinho, then managed B team and was a sporting director and etc. man was involved in the club management and transfers, establishing reputation before he even got the Real Madrid job. IT IS A HUGE JOB! Henry, i think, got hyped that if Zidane could then I can. He forgot that famously one french player said :

" When we don't know what to do with a ball, we pass it to Zidane" .

Zidane was a natural leader and tactician from playing days, so it wasn't surprise that he got into it. I was pleasantly surprised that he carefully planned his career path and now is doing the same. Whatever, happens in his career later on, he has now undisputed reputation of a man that wins CL titles. Even if he gets fired from next job, he will get back into it much easier than Henry.

Henry will be known as that man that tried and failed majorly! Like not a single point - and positive performance. Good luck searching for new opportunity!

It takes years to build reputation and one big FCK UP to loose it all! Especially, when you prior reputation was assistant to Belgium and demagogue pundit, and now big failure from Monaco. Tough resume to work with.

• History

@emo

Who will get attracted by the prospect of being managed by inexperienced manager?

Zidane for example was under the wing of Mourinho, then managed B team and was a sporting director and etc. man was involved in the club management and transfer establishing reputation before he got Real Madrid job. IT IS A HUGE JOB! Henry i think got hyped that if Zidane could then I can. He forgot that famously one french player said :

Zidane was a natural leader and tactician from playing days, so it wasn't surprise that he got into it. I was pleasantly surprised that he carefully planned his career path and now is doing the same. Whatever, happens in his career later on, he has now undisputed reputation of a man that wins CL titles. Even if he gets fired from next job, he will get back into it.

Henry will be known as that man that tried and failed majorly! Like not a single point - and positive performance.

@emo

Zidane for example was under the wing of Mourinho, then managed B team and was a sporting director and etc. man was involved in the club management and transfer establishing reputation before he got Real Madrid job. IT IS A HUGE JOB! Henry i think got hyped that if Zidane could then I can. He forgot that famously one french player said :

Zidane was a natural leader and tactician from playing days, so it wasn't surprise that he got into it. I was pleasantly surprised that he carefully planned his career path and now is doing the same. Whatever, happens in his career later on, he has now undisputed reputation of a man that wins CL titles. Even if he gets fired from next job, he will get back into it.

Henry will be known as that man that tried and failed majorly! Like not a single point - and positive performance.

It takes years to build reputation and one big FCK UP to loose it all! Especially, when you reputation was assistant to Belgium and demagogue pundit.