Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mesut Özil Signature Pass - The Disguised Pass
Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Sorry, and not sorry to say this but what a talent Arsenal has wasted! Ozil should have never moved to Arsenal. Man is pure midfield genius that should have been playing with top world class players not average boys. Top player performs better when he is around top players ( fact) and Ozil's passes wouldn't have gone to waste. Ozil should leave Arsenal and go to Juventus. Play once more with Ronaldo.

Comments
DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1096

I agree that Ozil is WAY better than many give him credit for. In the video, especially on set plays they run off him for that cut pass through ball. He reads that run and puts it on a plate. The way he sees open players!

Harlem 5 years ago
Arsenal, France 0 564

Jorginho should've never went to Chelsea. One of serie A finest midfielder now looking worse than jonjo shelvey

Marcus2011 5 years ago

And WE AGREE!! WE NEVER WANTED HIM HERE. We needed players in other areas! Not like Jorginho came from Real Madrid league record winning squad and with top assists.

Jorginho was a Jonjo Shelvey who looked good in Seria A.

srk_rox 5 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

That pass is just so slick. I have seen this passing in Ozil's gameplay, and remember telling myself that it was just a variant of reverse passing. Also, wondered why no team could read this pass before him delivering it. Hmm. He disguises it really well..

I kind of always felt he was much overrated. This was probably because he makes everything look effortless. And I thought he doesn't care about the team, but only wants to build his star power.. I think I might change his opinion of him

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

tbf, he never really wanted to leave bernabeu at first. He was one of florentino perez screening victim like makelele and casillas and even ronaldo. Ozil is the type of player which you can't give him defensive duties, he is made for final third thru passes.

Juventus would be great but with pjanic and dybala, maybe bentancur, there is too many playmaker. Atletico madrid on the other hand is a good place, defence is so good he just have to stay up front with costa or griezmann; waiting to counter with his effortless thru pass.
Bayern is another good place, clubs that decline is a good place to shine, but I guess his relationship with german is unrepairable

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Ozil on his day is my favourite player to watch, no one comes close.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Agree, I have always felt a huge waste there :(.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

what a talent Arsenal has wasted

if he is so wasted here why nobody tried to sign him?

Marcus2011 5 years ago

f he is so wasted here why nobody tried to sign him?

Two reasons:

1. Ozil stayed because he believed in Wenger
  2. Arsenal made sure to pay him well, so no other club dares to. ( isn't he your highest paid player and one of the highest in Prem League?)
Marcus2011 5 years ago

@tuan

I don't know why United went for Sanchez when Ozil was the engine behind his performance. Should have bought him instead and United would have been unlocking those tight defenses that you sometimes struggle to unlock.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Marcus That harsh on Arsenal but partly true. From what I heard, he was so good at Real so its really a shame he ended up leaving the way he did. Really would have loved seeing play with CR7. Now, there are some problem with him though, his motivation, finishing and is working rate are all pretty low at time sadly but he is probrably one of the best PL player when it come to technical skill and passing. Wish he would go back to play in La Liga, I think he would find a lot more success there. Thanks for the share man, that video was very much enjoyable.

@Eden17 Really wish he was on his day more often though. But yeah, I completely agree. He can see everything!!!

Don't insults Shelvey mate. He offer way more than Jorginho! (Joke) :P

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Marcus That harsh on Arsenal but partly true. From what I heard, he was so good at Real so its really a shame he ended up leaving the way he did. Really would have loved seeing play with CR7. Now, there are some problem with him though, his motivation, finishing and is working rate are all pretty low at time sadly but he is probrably one of the best PL player when it come to technical skill and passing. Wish he would go back to play in La Liga, I think he would find a lot more success there. Thanks for the share man, that video was very much enjoyable.

@Eden17 Really wish he was on his day more often though. But yeah, I completely agree. He can see everything!!!

Don't insults Shelvey mate. (Joke)

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

We are lucky to have a player like him, yet some people believe that we need to get rid of him to move forwards as a club.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@amir Keep him but tell Unai to use him more please. We need to see more of him. :P

Also, I remarked something interesting, Ozil might not have that many assist this season but he did score a few goal. Thats unusual, coming from him but glad to see his repertoire more diverse. :)

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Big problem why no one signs him is because he is paid very heavily and that AMs are out of style amongst top teams right now. Hence why Dybala, Isco, Coutinho, and James are also finding it difficult to fit in with their teams.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

anyone could have signed him before the big paycheck, why noone of the top clubs tried?

i'm not denying any of his ability, but he is too comfortable on the pitch, one game he plays as a best player in the world then disappear for the next 3 games..

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

Wenger called him personally and used his manipulation tricks. :)) Promised him growth and huge success while being the main guy at the center of it all. On top offered money is good. And he plays in EPL rather than going to Bundesliga, Seria A ( which was still unattractive at the time) or League 1. Real wouldn't have ever sold him to Barcelona for example.

i'm not denying any of his ability, but he is too comfortable on the pitch, one game he plays as a best player in the world then disappear for the next 3 games..

Players like him feed off of the other players in the team. He should be always around winners and hard working players. At Real he was never one game bad and other game good, because he had a strong manager as well as big winning mentality players. Man your whole club playes one game like world class and then play like Championship team for next 3 games.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Wenger called him personally and used his manipulation tricks. :)) Promised him growth and huge success while being the main guy at the center of it all. On top offered money is good. And he plays in EPL rather than going to Bundesliga, Seria A ( which was still unattractive at the time) or League 1. Real wouldn't have ever sold him to Barcelona for example.

Players like him feed of the other players in the team. He should be always around winners and hard working players. At Real he was never one game bad and other game good, because he had a strong manager as well as big winning mentality players. Man your whole club playes one game like world class and then play like Championship team for next 3 games.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

wenger used his manipulation tricks

LMAO, a trick? from someone who is a few pounds away from getting ronaldo and suarez lol.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Top player performs better when he is around top players ( fact) and Ozil's passes wouldn't have gone to waste. Ozil should leave Arsenal and go to Juventus

It is clear you really do dislike Arsenal. lol

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Wenger called him personally and used his manipulation tricks. :))

should went to Chelsea I guess, Abramovic could have offered him more money :))

He should be always around winners and hard working players.

I'm asking again: why no other top club approached him after he signed for Arsenal if he is so wasted? Why he has never asked to leave before signing big contract? Seems like you've got some inside information about Arsenal, give me more!

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@wuikzy

We were full of talents in that area! What should have been doing with Oscar and Debriyne and many other lol I would have still loved if Abramovich called himself and asked him to join but it wasn’t meant to be. I think if Mourinho was handling transfers he would have brought him.

I don’t have inside information but possibly money talks, and he actually does loves the club ! Simple. Maybe arsenal didn’t want t him to leave did you ever think about that?His stats are impressive. So I can’t tell you why no one signed him same as I can’t tell why no one signed Aubameyang but you did. . Like it doesn’t make sense why such a caliber striker joined Arsenal. He probably was smoking weed! Or money talks or someone told him we are building future like they told Ozil. You have serious personal issue with Ozil, yet you should look around your team. You guys aren’t impressive at all and you aren’t even considered as Europa league title contenders that is how messed up things are. We suck this year but we are still considered contenders lol