Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Messi's goal vs Betis
Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

What is so special about his third goal?

I have seen him score better ones and against much better oppositions.. yet whats the fuzz ? Maybe i am missing something. I am from generation that has seen some amazing pool of talented players in late 90s and 2000s, and they also have scored better goals than that against Betis but apparently only Messi can do this and we never seen anything like it? ok.

When the dust settles, and the hype goes away history will calmly without emotions assess career of this player but without a doubt Messi is one of the greatest players ever to play the game. Yet, I hate this over exaggeration by media.

Comments
tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

3 against Sevilla + 1 assist
2 vs Lyon + 2 assists
3 vs Sevilla

3 games : involved directly in 11 goals.

Why not praising him ? That’s press job. They do it even when Ronaldo scores a PK.

Even Betis stadium was applauding and you did not even watch the game to open your mouth... lol

Sore looser.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

2 vs Lyon + 2 assists
3 vs Sevilla

Why not praising him ? That’s press job. They do it even when Ronaldo scores a PK.

Even Betis stadium was applauding and you did not even watch the game to open your mouth... lol

2 vs Lyon + 2 assists
3 vs Sevilla

3 games : involved directly in 11 goals.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Uhmnn the last goal actually has a few crazy factors in it, and of course he has scored better goals. But here are why:

• The unexpectation. No one expects a striker to shoot or chip by the left feet from a pass that ALSO was from the left, it's just a LOTTT harder (if you play football you know).
  • The space and the pressure: defenders and mid are closing it up, striker if shoot, shoot it with power
  • Lobbing are often done on 1v1 vs goalie or one or more sliding defender.: almost no one thinks about a lob shot, when there are a bunch of defender in front of them.
  • Accuracy of high lob when not facing the goal: Messi ran toward the outside, not to face the goal. almost all instructor would tell you dont do it, if you have any training.

So I dont get where did this idea come from in his little head... it's crazy. And if you watch them live at stadium, it probably looked even more insane, that's why there was a standing ovation too.

Note: I have watched football since Cantona was in Manchester United, and this is one of the few I was thinking, what the hell went through his head...

• History

Uhmnn the last goal actually has a few crazy factors in it, and of course he has scored better goals. But here are why:

• The unexpectation. No one expects a striker to shoot or chip by the left feet from a pass that ALSO was from the left, it's just a LOTTT harder (if you play football you know).
  • The space and the pressure: defenders and mid are closing it up, striker if shoot, shoot it with power
  • Lobbing are often done on 1v1 vs goalie or one or more sliding defender.: almost no one thinks about a lob shot, when there are a bunch of defender in front of them.
  • Accuracy of high lob when not facing the goal: Messi ran toward the outside, not to face the goal. almost all instructor would tell you dont do it, if you have any training.

SO I dont get where did this idea come from in his little head... it's crazy. And if you watch them live at stadium, it probably looked even more insane, that's why there was a standing ovation too.

So I dont get where did this idea come from in his little head... it's crazy. And if you watch them live at stadium, it probably looked even more insane, that's why there was a standing ovation too.

Note: I have watched football since Cantona was there, and this is one of the few I was thinking, what the hell went through his head...

tuan_jinn 5 years ago

@tiki: your last sentence was totally uncessary, please watch out!

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Messi is easily the best player in the world at the moment. Its just that a bunch of his fanboys very quickly turn it into a GOAT discussion and disrespect other great players.

But still, few in history can and have done what he has.

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

The media are much more favorably disposed towards Messi than Ronaldo, even you cannot deny this. Ronaldo can score a hat-trick against Atletico while being 2-0 down, yet the media will claim Messi's performance against a mediocre Lyon is better.

The goal was excellent, but the media are definitely hyping it up more than it needs to be. You see excellent goals like that every week.

Although Messi's third goal did remind me of a Lampard goal.

The media are much more favorably disposed towards Messi than Ronaldo, even you cannot deny this.. Ronaldo can score a hat-trick against Atletico while being 2-0 down, yet the media will claim Messi's performance against a mediocre Lyon is better.

That is bullshit.

I am denying it BIG TIME!

Everywhere I read, Ronaldo is regarded deservedly as the BEST player of the round, his hat-trick was weighted DEFINITELY higher than Messi's 2 goals and 2 assists combined. The media praised Messi's performance just because it was good. Ronaldo's performance and is everywhere VOTED as Player of the Week in UCL.

There will be bias, absolutely. But dont take it like ROnaldo is the victim of Messi's media love bullcrap. Ronaldo has as much, if not the biggest praise from the media on everything he does. Both are also the biggest victims of media.

You see excellent goals like that every week.
??????????? Yeah, you see standing ovation from the opponent, everywhere in the week too. LMAO!!!!.

Lampard's goal also got me jumped off the chair, one of his best goals.

• History

. Ronaldo can score a hat-trick against Atletico while being 2-0 down, yet the media will claim Messi's performance against a mediocre Lyon is better.

That's bullshit.

Everywhere I read, Ronaldo is regarded deservedly as the BEST player of the round, his hat-trick was weighted much higher than Messi's 2 goals and 2 assists combined. The media praised Messi's performance just because it was good. Ronaldo's performance and is everywhere VOTED as Player of the Week in UCL.

??????????? Yeah, you see standing ovation everywhere in the week too. Incredible.

. Ronaldo can score a hat-trick against Atletico while being 2-0 down, yet the media will claim Messi's performance against a mediocre Lyon is better.

That's bullshit.

Everywhere I read, Ronaldo is regarded deservedly as the BEST player of the round, his hat-trick was weighted DEFINITELY higher than Messi's 2 goals and 2 assists combined. The media praised Messi's performance just because it was good. Ronaldo's performance and is everywhere VOTED as Player of the Week in UCL.

??????????? Yeah, you see standing ovation everywhere in the week too. Incredible.

That's bullshit.

Everywhere I read, Ronaldo is regarded deservedly as the BEST player of the round, his hat-trick was weighted DEFINITELY higher than Messi's 2 goals and 2 assists combined. The media praised Messi's performance just because it was good. Ronaldo's performance and is everywhere VOTED as Player of the Week in UCL. There will be bias, but dont take it like ROnaldo is the victim of Messi's media love bull crap. Ronaldo has the BIGGEST praise from the media even with tap-in.

That's bullshit.

There will be bias, absolutely. But dont take it like ROnaldo is the victim of Messi's media love bullcrap. Ronaldo has as much, if not the biggest praise from the media on everything he does. Both are also the biggest victims of media

The media are much more favorably disposed towards Messi than Ronaldo, even you cannot deny this.. Ronaldo can score a hat-trick against Atletico while being 2-0 down, yet the media will claim Messi's performance against a mediocre Lyon is better.

That is bullshit.

I am denying it BIG TIME!

There will be bias, absolutely. But dont take it like ROnaldo is the victim of Messi's media love bullcrap. Ronaldo has as much, if not the biggest praise from the media on everything he does. Both are also the biggest victims of media

tuan_jinn 5 years ago

@Pelle: Exactly!!! There fan boys are the problem, there are no reason to disrespect the other. Everyone can have their favourite but some discussion are just pure stupid.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

@tiki

You are sort of a man child when it comes to arguing. Donyour homework and get ready for bed time! Also don’t forget take your pills 💊

@tuan

But does Lampards goal makes you want to say that no human can score such a goal?!!
I have never seen anything like this?!!

It is out of this world?! How can this be possible!!?! He is a God?!”

And you know it isn’t first time Lampard scores such goals! Man you are acting like you didn’t see these comments by pundits and media. And honestly, who cares if Betis fans got up to applaud.

@dynadtian

You should have shared Lampards goal vs Barcelona because it was even more impressive. Oh yeah he didn’t score it against some bull sh*t club Betis but against Barcelona. And if Barcelona fans had any class they would have applauded like we did when Ronaldinho scored a magic goal against us! Yet no one called Ronaldinho as no human can do this sht lol we live in hype hype era!

• History

@tiki

You are sort of a man child when it comes to arguing. Donyour homework and get ready for bed time! Also don’t forget take your pills 💊

@tuan

But does Lampards goal makes you want to say that no human can score such a goal?!!
I have never seen anything like this?!!

It is out of this world?! How can this be possible!!?! He is a God?!” Man you are acting like you didn’t see these comments by pundits and media. And honestly, who cares if Betis fans got up to applaud.

@dynadtian

You should have shared Lampards goal vs Barcelona because it was even more impressive. Oh yeah he didn’t score it against some bull sh*t club Betis but against Barcelona. And if Barcelona fans had any class they would have applauded like we did when Ronaldinho scored a magic goal against us! Yet no one called Ronaldinho as no human can do this sht lol we live in hype hype era!

@Markus: But does Lampards goal makes you want to say that no human can score such a goal?!!

No to be honest I didn't feel that, but I sure appreciate the beauty of it.

Give me some link where reliable media said that??? If you referred to me: I simply explained you why is this one a beauty BECAUSE you asked. And as some one plays football, I have no clue what went through his head, in such situation. Not impossible though, it's just a very hard goal.

who cares if Betis fans got up to applaud.

Obviously, there are people who care, that's the most beautiful thing and touching moment of football when the beauty is appreciated.
ROnaldinho got it from Real's fans. Ronaldo 9 got it in Old Trafford.

And C. Ronaldo got it from Juventus' fans, it was emotionally beautiful.!!! And one of the reasons why he decides to move to Juv too.

• History

@Markus: But does Lampards goal makes you want to say that no human can score such a goal?!!

Give me some link where reliable media said that??? If you referred to me: I simply explained you why is this one a beauty and as some one plays football, I have no clue what went through his head, in such situation. Not impossible though, it's just a very hard goal.

Obviously, there are people who care, that's the most beautiful thing and touching moment of football when the beauty is appreciated.

And C. Ronaldo got it from Juventus' fans, it was emotionally beautiful.!!! And one of the reason he also went there.

Give me some link where reliable media said that??? If you referred to me: I simply explained you why is this one a beauty BECAUSE you asked. And as some one plays football, I have no clue what went through his head, in such situation. Not impossible though, it's just a very hard goal.

And C. Ronaldo got it from Juventus' fans, it was emotionally beautiful.!!! And one of the reason he also went there.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

@tuan

Just google: reaction of pundits, and main sport networks. Commentator Hudson whonis on major network. Amean plenty of infon online. You really want me to post here for you? Amean if you do, I sincerely can when I get to my desk:))

That goal hit the top bar and was close to just bouncing back. It want clean as Lampards goals. But it is Messi so why not make cosmic magnitude praisses about his impossible ability to invent new ways to score. Honestly? Messi has scored better goals and this goal was great too but media rides this c*ck like a thirsty whore.

I saw Rooney score one of the greatest goals of EPL against City. Did you see their fans get up and applaud?
Or did you see United fans get an applaud when Henry scored another one of the greatest goals with flick and turn?! When I saw that goal I thought it was straight out a movie.

Fans getting up and applauding depends on the rivalary and hate and I guess the mood on that day!:))

• History

@tuan

Just google: reaction of pundits, and main sport networks. Commentator Hudson whonis on major network. Amean plenty of infononline. You really want me to post here for you? Amean if you do I sincerely can when I get to my desk:))

That goal hit the top bar and was close to just bouncing back. It want clean as Lampards goals. But it is Messi so why not make cosmic magnitude praisses about his impossible ability to invent new ways to score. Honestly? Messi has scored better goals and this goal was great too but media rides this c*ck like a thirsty whore.

I saw Rooney score one of the greatest goals of EPL against City. Did you see their fans get up and applaud?
Or did you see United fans get an applaud when Henry scored another one of the greatest goals with flick and turn?! When I saw that goal I thought it was straight out a movie.

Fans getting up and applauding depends on the rivalary and hate and I guess the mood on that day!:))

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

It was a great goal but if it was literally anyone else the goal wouldn't even make it to the weekly highlights reel.

The fact that it was Messi and it completed his Hattrick just made it more special.
In my opinion a slightly taller or better placed keeper would save that every time.

Beautiful goal by the best player to ever kick a football. But I agree people are exaggerating a bit about the goal itself.

If pundits and commentators are praising Messi and not exactly that specific goal then that's fine because he's been in unbelievable form lately. I think the goal is just an excuse to speak wonders yet again of Messi, which like I said, would be completely justifiable.

Dynastian98 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

But dont take it like ROnaldo is the victim of Messi's media love bullcrap. Ronaldo has as much, if not the biggest praise from the media on everything he does. Both are also the biggest victims of media.

Haha, Tuan you make me laugh sometimes. CR7 is the most unjustifiably hated sportsperson I have ever seen, by far. The only one who comes close is probably LeBron.

I don't know what kind of media coverage you watch, but this is hilarious. Everywhere from ESPN to SkySports, Messi has been given preference and excuses by numerous media members... some even saying outright they prefer Messi over Ronaldo, and then going on to explain that their preference comes from personal reasons, not footballing ones. Balague, Lineker, Souness, Nicol, Hislop, Moreno, Burley... even f*ckin Steve Nash, who doesn't even deserve a position in football punditry.

The only two I have seen to give fair takes on both (regardless of who they prefer) is Ferinand, Neville, Sid Lowe, Marcotti, McManaman, etc.

@Marcus

Ooh, the Barca goal was fantastic, but I felt the Hull goal had more similarities (e.g. left foot, the angle that they both chipped from, and that it was against meaningless opposition).

• History

But dont take it like ROnaldo is the victim of Messi's media love bullcrap. Ronaldo has as much, if not the biggest praise from the media on everything he does. Both are also the biggest victims of media.

Haha, Tuan you make me laugh sometimes. CR7 is the most unjustifiably hated sportsperson I have ever seen, by far. The only one who comes close is probably LeBron.

I don't know what kind of media coverage you watch, but this is hilarious.

I don't know what kind of media coverage you watch, but this is hilarious. Everywhere from ESPN to SkySports, Messi has been given preference and excuses by numerous media members... some even saying outright they prefer Messi over Ronaldo, and then going on to explain that their preference comes from personal reasons, not footballing ones. Balague, Lineker, Souness, Nicol, Hislop, Moreno, Burley... even f*ckin Steve Nash, who doesn't even deserve a position in football punditry.

The only two I have seen to give fair takes on both (regardless of who they prefer) is Ferinand, Neville, Sid Lowe, Marcotti, McManaman, etc.

@Marcus

Ooh, the Barca goals was fantastic, but I felt the Hull goal had more similarities (e.g. left foot, the angle that they both chipped from, and that it was against meaningless opposition).

netsten 5 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

It's a really beautiful goal, why do we have to say more about it, it's not the goal of the year but maybe it's the goal of the month in Spain. This guy is really on another level, so is CR7. Stop talking and just enjoy. Neymar, Mbappe or Hazard are miles away from this kind of performance.

nandaYNWA 5 years ago Edited
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

zinchenko scored a very similar one

• History

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@dynastian

Ooh, the Barca goal was fantastic, but I felt the Hull goal had more similarities (e.g. left foot, the angle that they both chipped from, and that it was against meaningless opposition).

That is savage. xD

@nandaYWA

This is some sort CGI editing because only Messi is capable of such ingenious goals! NO ONE! HE IS AMAZING AND COMENTATORS GOT ORGASMS WHEN HE SCORED! Did this commentator orgasmed? I didn't hear it.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago Edited
10 1583

Another fish and chips

• History
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

In this world, there is 2 type of fan, the one that hate Messi or Ronaldo and appreciate the other and those that can appreciate both of them to their just valor. I like to think that a majority of this forum are part of the second group but let's be completely honest with each other, its not the and will propably never be the case of Marcus and Dynast. Not saying their bias against Messi doesn't make sense, its obviously does considering who they support but its isn't less insulting when they try to tell you they does not have any bias despite complaining nearly every single time something good happen to Messi. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love those guys, they are great users, some of whom I respect the most on this forum and I consider they have great insight most of the time. But thats when they aren't talking about Messi or Barca, lets be honest please. Please don't be mad guys, there is not hate in what I'm saying, its just, I felt it had to be said.

As for the goal itself, I still think its amazing, sure, it isn't a one of its kind goal, there were other similar in the past and if they didn't get much credit, then its a shame. But the thing is that Messi goal hit the crossbar before getting into the goal, which mean its inch perfect. Now, of course, Messi was propably fortunate to hit exactly there but its still, imho, an amazing goal and a nice way to complete an hat-trick.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago

@Emo: perfectly put.

I know, and feel the same thing, I've got carried away a bit cuz I was simply explaining & answering why people went a bit overhyped with the goal... THEN these guys got into Messi Ronaldo debate again :D:D:D.

It's cool though. I will get back to it.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

I think Emo is trying to separate bias from hate here.

Personally, I’ve noticed this to often be the case:
Haters will ridicule or even lie about their target...
Biased ones will highlight the weaknesses of their target...

Biased can be ok, hating not ok.