Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Messi Banned for 4 games after Ranting at the linesman.
Daggerwall 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 3 32

I don't really know much about this but apparently Messi abused the linesman and has been banned for 4 games. That would mean that Messi is virtually out of the World Cup Qualifiers. Think this is too harsh since FIFA usually does 4 match bans in cases of violence. And this being told the players and team hours before their match is a bit slow on FIFA's part.

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I'm not a hater at all, I think he getting 4 match ban is not fair at all but make no mistake, the rest of the team should be able to win games without Messi too since they still have key players in so many positions that play a vital part in their clubs.

Why do people act as if Argentina is Messi only? Who do you hate then, Argentina? Because they have had players capable of stepping up and winning when it mattered, from Tevez before to Di Maria today and not to mention Aguero, Higuain and other world class players.

Don''t be silly guys, I'm just being resonable here, it's not like it's Wales and the only star is Ryan Giggs, for example. This is Argentina, one of the top talented football nations.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

the rest of the team should be able to win games without Messi too since they still have key players in so many positions that play a vital part in their clubs.

They should????? Have you ever bothered to look up the people's posts regarding stats before discussing something????

Why do people act as if Argentina is Messi only? Who do you hate then, Argentina? Because they have had players capable of stepping up and winning when it mattered, from Tevez before to Di Maria today and not to mention Aguero, Higuain and other world class players.

No one hates anyone, people saying that because the stats proves so, it's the AFA, coach, and team's faults, Not any individual. Ok, Some are upset because people keep blaming Messi's on Argentina failure, and then when he doesn't play. The STARS you listed here simply doesn't deliver AT ALL. The RESULT says it, not opinion

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

the rest of the team should be able to win games without Messi too since they still have key players in so many positions that play a vital part in their clubs.

They should????? Have you ever bothered to look up the people's posts regarding stats before discussing something????

No one hates anyone, people saying that because the stats proves so, it's the AFA, coach, and team's faults, some are upset because people keep blaming Messi's on Argentina failure, and then when he doesn't play. The STARS you listed here simply doesn't deliver AT ALL. The RESULT says it, not opinion

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

That's my point, even without Messi they are still underperforming with the rest of the players they have, no excuse to not be capable to step up and play while hiding behind Messi playing and/or when he isn't playing.

Again, Argentina is not just Messi.

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Well they lost to Bolivia 6-1 with messi in the team last time

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Argentina is a hit-or-miss team. Regardless of whether Messi is on the team or not, if Messi plays well then they do well. The only exception I have seen is 2014 WC where Mascherano stepped in when Messi started playing like crap in the knockout stages. I agree with @Golazo, Argentina's horrendous performances without an on-form Messi is very surprising when you look at how star-studded their team is and can be.

Dybala is one of the best forwards in Italy, Higuain used to be one of the best forwards in the world and still is one of the best in Italy, Lavezzi was a top forward in Italy and France, Mascherano might just be the best DM in the world, Otamendi was a top defender in La Liga, Heinze was a really good player, Tevez was among the best forwards in the world, Aguero has been one of the best forwards in the world for quite some time, Di Maria was one of the best midfielders in the world during his tenure at Madrid.... so many stars. Most of them are still in their national team too. It's a failure on the Argentine management's part that they can't perform when Messi doesn't perform.

@Dynas: Everyone knows that. Everyone found it surprising at first looking at the STRIKERS. That is NO DEBATE here.

What his point was and I hate the most is, his first post was purely to blame and bash Messi. He started with Argentina got rid of good players just to make Messi looks good. Which is where I put the counter on: no, bullshit. When Messi doesnt play, those players played like shit and didnt deliver at all. Surprising but that the fact. He has been bombarding every posts with this kind of attitude and baits.

Back to Argentina point, those are great player, but as you can clearly see, almost none of them are mid. One is a defender...none of those striker can create chances by themelves on daily basis. I dont find it that surprising Argentina suck, I found it surprising when those strikers missed so many chances

• History

@Dynas: Everyone knows that. Everyone found it surprising at first looking at the STRIKERS. That is NO DEBATE here.

What his point was and I hate the most is, his first post was purely to blame and bash Messi. He started with Argentina got rid of good players just to make Messi looks good. Which is where I put the counter on: no, bullshit. When Messi doesnt play, those players played like shit and didnt deliver at all. Surprising but that the fact. He has been bombarding every posts with this kind of attitude and baits.

Back to Argentina point, those are great player, but as you can clearly see, almost none of them are mid. One is a defender...none of those striker can create chances by themelves on daily basis. I dont find it that surprising Argentina suck, I found it surprising when those strikers missed so many chances

What his point was and I hate the most is, his first post was purely to blame and bash Messi. He started with Argentina got rid of good players just to make Messi looks good. Which is where I put the counter on: no, bullshit. When Messi doesnt play, those players played like shit and didnt deliver at all. Surprising but that the fact. He has been bombarding every posts with this kind of attitude and baits. He always cover his first attacking posts by those after ones

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

You just put a bunch on invented stuff in my mouth which I didn't state.

So stop trying, point is star players hide behind Messi and expect him to do it all, then when he isn't there they say how they are in trouble for that same reason. That's bullshit.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

We all know that all their players know how to play, but for the national team they can be like shadows walking around, there is a problem there for sure, obviously they played Copa America Finals twice in a row and went to the World Cup final but I always felt that they can do much more than just that as a whole team.

Funny enough, when they play Mexico they are always good and over the years several players stepped up and took the match in their hands, like Maxi Rodriguez, Tevez, Heinze, Fiqueroa, Cambiasso...

Read your post again.

Now . your post is reasonable. You should have started with that from the beginning. Dont play the victim card. You stated very clearly: Argentina players were sent away just to make Messi look good". Im glad I confronted you, as you started discuss like a football fan instead of some troll or hater. So please be reasonable from the start if you dont want to be called hater.

I dont even have to try, i have deleted so many of your trolling comments against Barca and warned you as well.

• History

Read your post again.

Now . your post is reasonable. You should have started with that from the beginning. Dont play the victim card. You stated very clearly: Argentina players were sent away just to make Messi look good". Im glad I confronted you. So please be reasonable from the start if you dont want to be called hater.

I dont even have to try, i have deleted so many of your trolling comments against Barca and warned you as well.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

the best thing neymar did was resign the captain's armband for his national team. Argentina lacks a true captain. Mascherano is fading (although still playing well for barca). We lack someone who'll turn around and just yell "guys head up and get fukking playing. step up". and we can't do that. because all these players are stars in their own right.

• History

the best thing neymar did was resign the captain's armband for his national team. Argentina lacks a true captain. Mascherano is fading (although still playing well for barca). We lack someone who'll turn around and just yell "guys head up and get fukking playing. step up"

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

But it's true, alot of them see Messi as a God and don't really put their best performance, some games I remember seeing a picture of Messi's leg being all bruised while the rest had nothing.

You can't deny that some just expect Messi to make an amazing pass and solve all problems for them.

Now you putting me a warning after Tiki Taka was being a complete blind hypocrite flaming Real Mardrid is not really your best move as an officer I must say.
But OK if you admit that mistake I can admit again my own opinion:
Messi didn't deserve 4 match ban and that people look too much for Messi which makes the rest of the players having a free ride like they can't take any blame for loses without Messi like they don't have a big pay check.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

Alright, lets leave it at that.

I did warn tiki and banned him too, other mods did too. The one time, i defended @tiki in public was because a bunch of other Chelsea's fans jumped at once.

Your other points make perfect sense, and what i was saying is you should have started with that. Then we could have had another discussion instead of proving the hater fact.

@Gonzi: indeed, Messi doesnt exactly have that captain factor. Not yet that I can see it.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Salahadin don't spread lies, last 4 games before this one:

1. Argentina 3:0 Bolivia
  2. Argentina 2:0 Bolivia (Messi scored)
  3. Argentina 7:0 Bolivia (Messi scored twice, playing just 25 mins)
  4. Argentina 5:0 Bolivia

The 6:1 loss was 8 years ago when Messi was 21 years old..

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

^ also none of these games were played in altitude. meanwhile they tied 1-1 last time with messi in la paz. messi on the pitch is a big influence. bring icardi in. if he doesn't do anything, it's an easy meme lol.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

Yep the last time with Messi they played in La Paz, Argentina didnt do well either, they were so happy with 1 point. They were lucky to draw 1 1

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The best player in the world must have some few haters anyway...
Even if Argentina looses to Bolivia, they will still keep their position no matter what happens next. Anyway big blow to Argentina, How they are ruining their best player in History is beyond me, from federation to coach...

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Argentina win: because of Messi
Argentina loss: because of Messi

90% of the time, the first factor is true. However, you only have to go and look at the Copa America in 2016 when Messi missed his penalty. He was getting all the stick, even though he was still Argentina's best player in that match for me.

It comes with popularity.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@amir True. :(

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

In that match if there was no Messi, Argentina would have lost already, they were absolutely crap, Messi was carrying it alone. Biglia missed a penalty too, but no one gave a f**k...