Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Messi
tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Do you guys think Messi is the best player ever in history? Now surpassing Muller's 85 goals in a calender year

Comments
regli11 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 37 227

Theres a simply answer to this........

Yes Messi is the best in history!!!!!!!

MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

No matter what anyone says, throughout my life and to my kids I will say Messi is the best footballer in the world. Even if he doesnt win a world cup, doesn't matter, his efficiency/skills are matched by no one !

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

I agree.. better than Ronaldo, Zidane, Pele, Maradonna, Muller, etc. But Ronaldinho had that one bit of magic I think Messi will never have. 
^^ I am referring to Ronaldo de Lima. Please do not even mention Cristiano's name he is not worthy in this argument about legends. 
I hope Messi wins the 2018 world cup because I want my country to win 2014.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

This is what the Mayans were talking about, with their predictions of the end of the world. December, 2012. When the world of football as we know it ended. We are now living in the Age of Messi.

Feels good to be alive.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Messi still has around 8 years left in his career, its scary to think of what he can still acomplish and what records we will be setting. I dont think anyone will be able to top him in the span of my life. 

JesperKyd 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 15 152

@Raimondo90 i agree and there's no question he'll also win the ballon d'or for the fourth time in a row. wonder what he's transfer value would be now lol

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

08-09 * apps51 goals 38

09-10 * apps53 goals 47

10-11 * apps 55 goals 53

11-12 * apps 67 goals 73

in this season  apps 23 goals 30

messi is improving every year and the most scary part is he is not in his prime yet

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

Ronaldinho on Messi - "If you want to be better than Pele, You have to win 3 world cups. Not score against Zaragoza, Getafe and Mallorca!" 

Chelsea, France 81 456

Messi and Ronaldo have both scored 4 goals in a single La Liga match but never 5 goals like Radamel Falcao,but still amazing to see leo break the record

Chelsea, France 81 456

but cant b best as muller coz in that 86 goals 25 r penalty and muller has got non

MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

jeffrey, about your first post.... you're so naive, anything you read on the internet is not true. First off ronaldinho would never intervene or comment on something like that 1. cause he has a great relationship with messi and 2. he's lazy and laid back

and then i did waste my time to check if it was true online and saw the only source that wrote that claim... and it was bs. I dont know how old you are but you need to learn to distinguish between credible and non credible sources

Lodatz 11 years ago

@Jeffrey_Harzard: Sorry man, but I think this is something worth bearing in mind:

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/\_/id/7657739/lionel-messi-first-player-score-5-goals-champions-league-game

Maybe he hasn't scored 5 goals in a single La Liga match. He HAS however scored 5 goals in a single CL match, which I fancy is a bit more important, and is to my knowledge the only player to do so. Also, if we're going to focus on league games, then here is some Premier League info:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_players_have_scored_five_goals_in_a\_game_in_the_English_Premiership_and_who_are_they

If you are going to tell me that Andy Cole, Defoe, Berbatov and Shearer are better than Messi, then go right ahead. ;) i know you were just saying that there are milestones and records that Messi hasn't broken, but, such records are so obscure than I honestly cannot take seriously any argument that contains them. Saying that Falcao scored 5 goals in one La Liga game doesn't take much away from being the fact that Messi is 9th in La Liga all time scorers: (listed as 10th in this link, but has since moved up to 9th)

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/messi-among-the-top-10-all-time-la-liga-scorers

And he's only 25.

Seriously, while I do appreciate that most of this thread is just banter... Messi is, quite simply, the best player of all time. I agree that be the greatest (which is different from the best) of all time, he needs to win World Cups, but considering that he is only 25, has 2-3 WC tournaments ahead of him, and does happen to have a national side around him that features Aguero, Tevez, Zabaleta, Mascherano, di Maria, Higuain and more...

...well. All I can say is: expect great things in 2014. Argentina will be something special.

And then maybe we can stop holding World Cup arguments against him. Cruyff never won a World Cup. Would anyone here say he wasn't one of the greatest 5 players to ever live?

Chelsea, France 81 456

Muller scored his 85 goals when the defenses were better, ball was heavier, in lesser games
without penalties. They were scored in 6 less games (than what Messi took) while winning
the World Cup & European Honours while being the top scorer of both. No penalties scored.
Im not saying Messi's achievement isn't great. It is. Is it better than Muller's?I  don't
think so.

Lodatz 11 years ago

And I appreciate the point you're making, I really do. I mean, Di Stefano still holds the highest ratio (I think it is 0.81 goals per game, though I am willing to be corrected) of games in club European Cups, we have to remember that Di Stefano also played in an era where NO-ONE was anywhere near the level of Real Madrid.

Yes, Muller scored more in fewer games. But it's unfair to compare such percentages. Muller did not have to play as many games in a season, and did not have to deal with such stiff competition.

Don't forget that while fewer games means fewer chances, it also means less fatigue, and less constant performance.

Lodatz 11 years ago

Er: of goals scored in games in club*.

Keisuke 11 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Zidane still most legendary!

England 15 331

but how many offside goals did he scored in 1972? the offside rule in 70's are different today

Chelsea, France 81 456

hmm...puppetmaster thats a good question

Nico10 11 years ago
Barcelona, Moldova 38 290

Jeffrey_Hazard, I'm trying to understand your point of view but I can't, I'm sorry. You just don't want to admit that Messi is the best player in the football's history and now that's a fact.

You hasn't got a chance to see Muller playing but now you can watch Messi doing it. So I suggest you to enjoy him and stop arguing.

England 15 331

@jeffrey_hazard i just found out that messi scored 14 penalties only not 25 you exaggerate it a bit