Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Messi
tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Do you guys think Messi is the best player ever in history? Now surpassing Muller's 85 goals in a calender year

Comments
CristianoRonaldo7 11 years ago
Real Madrid, Portugal 2 71

If there were thumbs down here then i would probably get 100- for saying this : im sorry guys i do not agree with you because I personally think CR7 is just abit better.. Even if Messi scored more goals..

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

just keep your opinion #STATSDONTLIE

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

#HASHTAGS...REALLY?

Lets not go there footyroom members, mkay?

mladen 11 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

Pele - 1281 goal.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

People complain that Messi is bad because his country isn't that good... that's not his fault! You can't say these things because they are just stupid!!

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I don't think anyone would deny that Ronaldo is not exquisite as well, and simply amazing. But Messi is, well, he's perfect.

For me, comparisons between the two are always a bit silly, because as Ronaldo himself puts it: ""You cannot compare a Ferrari with a Porsche because it's a different engine. You cannot compare them." However, if I were to make a comparison, it would be this:

Aside from his breath-taking speed and laser-guided shooting, what Ronaldo does with the ball is incredible. His bag of tricks is almost equal to Ronaldinho's, and he has learned to use them not just for show but to be devastatingly effective in team play. He makes the ball dance for him in both a sultry foxtrot and a joyful samba.

Messi makes it sing, instead.

Messi doesn't showcase the same flamboyance as Ronaldo; instead it's all about sublime touches and incomparable control. That ball sticks to his foot when he's running with it, and whatever he does, it always turns out to be EXACTLY what needed to be done at the time. Every pass: near-perfectly weighted. Every chip: exquisite and 'just right'. Every dribble: efficiency personified. It's like, if you could freeze time, just before Messi does something, and analyze what would be the PERFECT thing to do with the ball in the second if one has the ability, and then unfreeze time... 9 times out of 10 that is precisely what he ends up doing.

It's just the sublime, perfect nature of Messi's play which makes him better than any player this world has ever seen. It's the same thing that Pele used to say about George Best, when he told him that he was the most beautiful player he'd ever seen. Messi has just taken it to a new level, and one which no-one, not even the Ronaldos or the Ronaldinhos of this world, can match, no matter now dazzling and enthralling their own genius is.

And for those who believe that he can only play this way because of the team around him at Barca, I would ask you this: have you forgotten his hat-trick against Brazil? His incredible goal against Getafe? His  numerous dribbles past 3-6 players? If you search YouTube for any highlight reel of Messi's 'Top Ten goals', or whatever, you'd find that nearly all of them are divine, masterful solo efforts. He has the ability to create something out of nothing, which he is not alone in possessing, but which is all-too-often forgotten by the arguments which claim he's only so successful because he has Xavi and Iniesta beside him.

I really do believe that we are on the verge of seeing an amazing Argentina team in the next couple of World Cups. He's proven himself at Barcelona, and been a crucial part of creating the greatest club team in the world. He won that mission. Now I believe (and hope, even though it's the Argies) that he sets his sights on international glory, now, to match his club career, and taking Argentina to the peak of world football, again.

If he does, then there will be no argument. He will be the greatest ever. But even if he doesn't, he will still be the BEST ever, and will go down with all the other greats who never lifted the World Cup, such as Cruyff, Eusebio, Puskas, Di Stefano and many, many more.

tdot2barca 11 years ago

Jeffrey that quote from Ronaldinho is fake.

tdot2barca 11 years ago

Cristiano Ronaldo is no where near the level of Messi im sorry. He is only compared to Messi because he scores the second most amount of goals in a year. Always second to Messi never forget that. To be honest I think Iniesta is even better than him, and Falcao a more lethal finisher too.

MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

honestly man this is my take on CR7, lodatz said it pretty well but i'll add on. Ronaldo, I will admit, has the potential of being better then messi. He has the physical traits (height, long legs, strong body) that can prove to give him an advantage over messi definitely. He doesn't exploit his advantages as much as he should, he DOESNT plays physical, if he did, HE'D BE AMAZING.  Messi on the other hand has low center of gravity, but has a weak body, he understands his advantages and disadvantages and exploits them well, he never tries to go shoulder to shoulder with defenders, cause he knows he will lose. If cr7 was to keep his speed, while using his body to gain a positional advantage and knock defenders off the ball... then wow. Thats why the only ronaldo(brazilian) was phenomenal, he had the footwork (maybe not has fancy as cr7's) and the speed but above all else, HE USED HIS BODY, HIS PHYSICAL PRESENCE WAS OUTSTANDING ! Physical traits aside, there is one thing that separates messi and cr7, and that is the mind and understanding of the game.

Cr7 doesn't think like messi, he doesn't have the tactical awareness like messi does. He is a one minded player and that being power/speed. Messi has it all, he can create plays/make beautiful passes like xavi, opens space, dont get me started on his dribbling, has incredible speed (maybe not as fast as cr7) but has the best agility in the game in my opinion. And finally, in terms of efficiency- no one can match him. When I watch him and any other player i feel like he almost always makes the right decision at the right time. Football is a game of which side is more perfect- or which side can be more perfect and make less mistakes, messi is one of those players that is near perfect. Messi looks at the whole game and is the smarter player, if ronaldo had the mind of messi then possibly he can start being compared to messi for who is the best. 

I'm really not trying to sound biased when I'm saying all of this, I know my name "messidona" takes credibility from my words but if others cant see this, I dont know what to say. 

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@MessiDona

Don't even bother mentioning Cristiano here... He's not worthy enough...
This is coming from a Madrid fan. Messi is MILES ahead of Cristiano, simply because Messi uses his potential and talent to the max. Cristiano doesn't. End of story.