Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Memphis Depay
ManUtd7 8 years ago
Manchester United, United States 1 78

Do you guys think Memphis will leave Manchester?

IMO: I don't think so plus Memphis deserves a other chance

Comments
Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

His potential is too valuable to let him go.

Amerr30 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

He shouldn't be sold. However, Manchester United should buy a winger/striker that he would have to compete with and learn from. Payet would be a perfect signing as he is 28 years old, has a few years left in him. Just enough time until Depay matures to take over. It shouldn't be so easy to get into the starting XI of Manchester United. He should be made to work for it.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I went over this with ashwin in the chatbox. Basically, you spin it in terms of risk/reward. The reward of Memphis reaching the same level he was at at PSV it too realistic to dismiss and mitigates the risk of him not reaching that potential.

Keeping him should be an easy decision.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

My only problem with Memphis was his reaction toward Van Gaal getting fired, he didn't seemed to care at all contrary to Blind who clearly felt sad for him. I feel like Memphis is a bit of a dick in term of personality. Just my opinion. :P

Hotline 8 years ago
Arsenal 0 1

He's played terribly

Amerr30 8 years ago Edited

@Emo: That's what happens when you give someone a starting spot in a club like Manchester United at such a young age. I don't think he's ready for top club football, too inconsistent. All he's got is raw talent, which needs to be refined. I think he should've left at a smaller club for a couple more years before moving to a club like United. But what's done is done, the best thing they can do right now is to make him fight for his spot. That way he can be disciplined when he makes a mistake on the pitch or off of it, keep his ego in check.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Emo: That's what happens when you give someone a starting spot in a club like Manchester United at such a young age. I don't think he's ready for top club football, too inconsistent. All he's got is raw talent, which needs to be refined. I think he should've left at a smaller club for a couple more years before moving to a club like United. But what's done is done, the best thing they can do right now is.. make him fight for his spot at least.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Amerr30 100% agree with that, a move to be a starter in such a club was too soon for him. He could have used some time to mature a bit.

ashwin1729 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

No one would sell him after one year. But if he fails after this year, I doubt he'd be at United.

@Sun: I don't want to make this as an argument, but the criteria you used in the chatbox was a very bad example in pointing out your argument. Your statement is correct. You used it for the wrong basis in the chatbox. Hope you see that.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

You just need to watch a couple of videos about his top class performances to realize this guy is a beast and needs to get playing time as well as a fresh start. Selling him would be quite stupid and I dont consider Mou a guy to make such stupid decisions so dont worry.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Tuanis The thing is that I believe Mourinho doesn't really like hotheaded player like Memphis. But yeah, I agree the lad as enough talent and deserve another year to show what he got. I just wish he wouldn't let it go to his head. :p

SallyAnn 8 years ago
Manchester City, England 0 1

Overrated if you ask me!

Amerr30 8 years ago

@ashwin: Somehow, I think that view should've applied even more so to Di Maria, and look what happened to him. Not that I think he'd be sold, just playing the devils advocate. If Angel could be sold after one season, so can anybody else.

ashwin1729 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Amer: Agreed. However, I don't think DiMaria's sale was just due to his performance. His attitude must have surely cost him