Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

M'bappe contract extension at PSG
Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

M'bappe sign a 3 years contract extension for PSG. For a quick reminder, last year, with only a year left on his contract, M'bappe didn't seem all that keen to sign a contract and Real Madrid were ready to pay big money to get him, however, PSG refused to sell.

This summer, it was expected that M'bappe would leave for free to Real but apparently, PSG were able to renew his contract.

Dunno how they convince him but wow, they really did it. :O

Thought?

Comments
quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

300M signing bonus, 100m/season = 600 million for a 3 year contract, all that with paying Messi, Neymar & Ramos and all others. Hope this club will never win anything other than ligue 1 title.

Emobot7 2 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quikzyyy Well personally, I don't wish negative thing for the club, mostly because the fans and players aren't responsible for how their owner do things. Heck, there even part of the old PSG fanbase who wish the owner would leave their club just to prove that not all of them is happy with how things are run.

Their owners though, I do hope they never get close to getting the CL, with the way they are trying to solve are they problem by simply throwing money at it, I don't really think they deserve it.

The fact they get away with all those spending in wage is a joke as well, I know FFP is mostly to keep teams from going bankrupt but come on, something should be done to keep thing reasonable and relatively fair.

Now that this is said, I do think its quite funny to see the reaction from the salty Real Madrid fans who were all bantering PSG fans and thanking them for giving them M'bappe on free since last year. Even saying they will find much better player than him and that they will never go for him again.

I mean, I kinda wanted him to join Real, I thought that would have been interesting but if Benzema and Vini keep their form for a while and that Rodrygo find some consistence, I honestly don't think this actually gonna hurt Madrid too much in the short term.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy Well personally, I don't wish negative thing for the club but mostly for the fans and players who I believe aren't responsible for how their owner do things. Heck, there even part of the old PSG fanbase who wish the owner would leave their club just to prove that not all of them is happy with how things are run.

Their owners though, I do hope they never get close to getting the CL, with the way they are trying to solve are they problem by simply throwing money at it, I don't really think they deserve it.

The fact they get away with all those spending in wage is a joke as well, I know FFP is mostly to keep teams from going bankrupt but come on, something should be done to keep thing reasonable.

Now that this is said, I do think its quite funny to see the reaction from the salty Real Madrid fans who were all bantering PSG fans and thanking them for giving them M'bappe on free since last year. Even saying they will find much better player than him and that they will never go for him again.

I mean, I kinda wanted him to join Real, I thought that would have been interesting but if Benzema and Vini keep their form for a while and that Rodrygo find some consistence, I honestly don't think this actually gonna hurt Madrid too much in the short term.

@quikzyyy Well personally, I don't wish negative thing for the club, mostly because the fans and players aren't responsible for how their owner do things. Heck, there even part of the old PSG fanbase who wish the owner would leave their club just to prove that not all of them is happy with how things are run.

The fact they get away with all those spending in wage is a joke as well, I know FFP is mostly to keep teams from going bankrupt but come on, something should be done to keep thing reasonable.

DarthFooty 2 years ago Edited
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Interesting move for the player, but I get it. The money, the comfort of the place, and knowing where you are in the pecking order.

My question is, what's his next challenge really? That league offers nothing, so domestic titles will carry on. You have the CL, but he alone can't take them over that hump. Why stay?

Now, me being a loyal person, I like that he stayed, and PSG will be a threat in everything they play for. FFP be damned hahaha

Oh, love that La Liga is looking at legal action now. hahahaha

• History

Interesting move for the player, but I get it. The money, the comfort of the place, and knowing where you are in the pecking order.

My question is, what's his next challenge really? That league offers nothing, so domestic titles will carry on. You have the CL, but he alone can't take them over that hump. Why stay?

Now, me being a loyal person, I like that he stayed, and PSG will be a threat in everything they play for. FFP be damned hahaha

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

That league offers nothing, so domestic titles will carry on.

Well they did lost it to Lille last year.

Oh, love that La Liga is looking at legal action now. hahahaha

Yes, that actually pretty funny. Gotta wonder what La Liga was doing when Madrid had its Galacticos era.

Anyway, it does seem like he's suggesting he might be willing to join Real when his contract end in 3 years time. I mean, he will still be around only 26 year old and Benzema might be more in decline in 3 year so if he want to play as Madrid foward, this could be the better move. However, not sure the fan gonna be overjoyed with him then.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

FFP was dammed the moment when City was breaching their rules it didn't affect them at all, probably paid them few millions and make it less obvious next time.

Personally, I liked PSG when Ronaldinho was there, I have nothing against the club, but their owners simply are completely ruining it.

Gotta wonder what La Liga was doing when Madrid had its Galacticos era.

Madrid was one of the biggest clubs in the world before their galacticos era, they had probably best revenue in the world, only behind Manchester United. While likes of City/PSG are making up the numbers of non-existing sponsors and so on, have you seen the City parade? they had probably less people than Swansea when they won FA cup.

Footy_watch 2 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Better than going to another farmers league that is la liga. He should come to the premier league.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

Madrid was one of the biggest clubs in the world before their galacticos era, they had probably best revenue in the world, only behind Manchester United.

Fair enough. Still think its a lot easier to complain when your league is starting to look less and less attractive by the years. They lost both Ronaldo and Messi in recents years and not seeing much of they club recruit big names have hurted them a lot. La Liga would propably have been ecstatic if Real managed to get a big attractive name like M'bappe.

Personally, I liked PSG when Ronaldinho was there, I have nothing against the club, but their owners simply are completely ruining it.

I actually like what City is doing way more than PSG tbh. My problem with PSG owner is that not only they invest obnoxious amount of money but unlike City, it never feel like they got a broader plan than sticking a bunch of super-star together on the field. Best example was Wijnaldum, I mean, why did you even recruit him? Did you had a plan in mind for him or just thought, free transfer from Liverpool?

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Fair enough. Still think its a lot easier to complain when your league is starting to look less and less attractive by the years. They lost both Ronaldo and Messi in recents years and not seeing much of they club recruit big names have hurted them a lot. La Liga would propably have been ecstatic if Real managed to get a big attractive name like M'bappe.

did PSG signings make ligue 1 more entertaining? they have Neymar-Messi-Mbappe and people still rather watch Championship than ligue 1.

SunFlash 2 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

@quik

It's a weird one. People in the soccer community (including the players themselves) natter on about this vs. that league to no end. As someone in the business of selling sport though - the casual fan wants the illusion of competition. It doesn't matter that in the last 5 years City and PSG have won the same number of league titles, what matters is that at the start of the season everyone was sure that PSG would win Ligue 1 (because on paper they just should) whereas in the EPL, even though City wins the league just as often - Liverpool and their success exist, Manchester United (somehow an early season favorite with the bookies) has massive resources, and Chelsea had just beaten City for a UCL.

Sport is a competition, and that's why people watch. People don't perceive Ligue 1 to be a competition. Maybe that's justified, maybe it isn't, but that's the situation.

EDIT: I've given some more thought to this and come to a similar but nonetheless different conclusion.

Using the NFL as an example, Tom Brady and the New England Patriots won six Super Bowls over 17 years. Despite, they were allocated the exact same amount of resources every year as every other team in the competition(meaning that theoretically every other NFL team had the same odds).

Real Madrid won 4 UCL's in 5 years. Despite this, they were up against some competition with similar or even better resources.

The short version is that teams winning a large number of titles isn't an issue with regard to fan interest (per se anyway). What is a problem is Ligue 1 being so top heavy that PSG can win the league and classify the season as a disappointment. If the team can take the league for granted, why shouldn't the fans?

• History

@quik

It's a weird one. People in the soccer community (including the players themselves) natter on about this vs. that league to no end. As someone in the business of selling sport though - the casual fan wants the illusion of competition. It doesn't matter that in the last 5 years City and PSG have won the same number of league titles, what matters is that at the start of the season everyone was sure that PSG would win Ligue 1 (because on paper they just should) whereas in the EPL, even though City wins the league just as often - Liverpool and their success exist, Manchester United (somehow an early season favorite with the bookies) has massive resources, and Chelsea had just beaten City for a UCL.

Sport is a competition, and that's why people watch. People don't perceive Ligue 1 to be a competition. Maybe that's justified, maybe it isn't, but that's the situation.

_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

I’m still waiting for Lambos take on this. We will never hear the end of ”Mbappe should go to Real madrid” now😫😂

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy

did PSG signings make ligue 1 more entertaining? they have Neymar-Messi-Mbappe and people still rather watch Championship than ligue 1.

That wasn't actually my point at all. I didn't meant to say that taking interesting ressource from one league make another one interesting. For a league to be interesting, obviously there need to be better division of ressource between the teams in the league.

What make EPL that much more interesting for example is the fact that many top teams have big international stars being key player in their team. Not just in one of those team.

Seeing the like Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes duel with national team-mate Ruben Dias in a local derby is way more exciting than watching some relatively unknown striker figthing it out with Marquinhos or Kimpembe.

What Ligue 1 really miss right now is a rival to PSG, a team with top player that could consistently put pressure on them, similar to how Liverpool are very often close behind City and sometime even in front of them.

@Sunflash

What is a problem is Ligue 1 being so top heavy that PSG can win the league and classify the season as a disappointment. If the team can take the league for granted, why shouldn't the fans?

This is so true, I mean, once the top team doesn't even consider winning their league like a real success anymore, how are we the fan supposed to feel that way? Same reason for why I find it hard to find interest in Bundesliga and why Serie A starting to look more attractive to me nowaday.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

What make EPL that much more interesting for example is the fact that many top teams have big international stars being key player in their team. Not just in one of those team.

Well, exactly, and since there's no other club in ligue 1 backed by whole country with unlimited resources, no one will care about it. even if psg wins 30 titles in a row, cos there's literally no other reason to play there other than money.

The thing with PL is entertaining and competitive, people rather gonna watch EPL relegation battle than PSG.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy No doubt about it, PSG only global interest nowaday is on the European scene when they play against other European giant like Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, United, City or Real. If anything, PSG is a good team for casual football fans who doesn't wish to watch too many game a years,

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

yeah, completely agree on that one, still ridiculous that ffp is allowing this kind of shit, but hey what can you expect when their owner is member of uefa.

Emobot7 2 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quikzyyy What even worse is that PSG position with UEFA is better than ever because of the whole Super League debacle they didn't take part in. Ironic when you know Super League was supposed to be "historical" club answer to new super club with nearly unlimited ressource.

• History

@quikzyyy What even worse is that PSG position with UEFA is better than ever because of the whole Super League debacle they didn't take part in. Ironic when you know Super League was supposed to be historical club answer to new super club with nearly unlimited ressource.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

and right after how uefa tells people they care about players, fans and values, they bring new ucl format so there are gonna be even more matches and more revenue for them. football is slowly going into $£it, with this sportwashing.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy They care about the players but they want them to put their health at risk by playing even more game.

They care about the fans but they want them to spend more on tickets by season to go support their teams in the CL.

They care about value but by making more game to play for the players, the quality of the match go down because of fatigue.

UEFA trying to say they are the good guy stopping the bad Super League from happening is the most hypocritical thing I've ever seen. They are just as bad.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

agree, I'd say UEFA is even worse.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Pretty hard to say since Super League doesn't actually exist yet. I do believe UEFA been doing worst decision to try and counter Super League though. By adding more games to the schedule of team playing in the european tournaments, it make it more complicated to propose a new tournament (cause that would be even worse on player fitness) and they even removed the away goal rule to try and please bigger side that felt punished by it (Juventus mostly).

UEFA might have reformed anyway even without intervention from the Super League and even without those change, it wouldn't make them much better but before saying UEFA is worse, I think we need to considerate the potential impact the Super League had on making it worse.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

problem with superleague was that the original members cant get relegated, but at least the money would go clubs pockets and not to uefa. uefa is literally doing their own superleague where the money goes straight to theirs pockets instead of clubs.

players are already complaining about how useless new competitions are, ridiculous schedules, no breaks whatsoever, nations league, expanding everything just to fill pockets of mafia. world cup in december in the middle of the season... the fact that you can theoretically end up with 7 clubs from Premier League in champions league? like how is that champions league when there are 5-7 clubs from one country.