Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mark Noble's Touchmap vs Manchester United
FootballGuy 3 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 36 125

enter image description here

David De Gea saved a penalty in the fifth minute of injury time taken by West Ham substitute Mark Noble, who was sent on purely to take the kick, as Manchester United held on for a 2-1 victory at the London Stadium.

A penalty was awarded via a VAR check after Jarrod Bowen saw his cross strike the outstretched arm of Luke Shaw.
Minutes earlier the failure of West Ham to sign last season's loan star Jesse Lingard came back to haunt them as the England forward curled an unstoppable strike into the top corner in the 89th minute.

Comments
DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Footy is a fickle beast sometimes. She can be cruel to even the best people. It was not a well taken PK mind you!

You can look at Nobles stats for the match a few different ways. Positive.... He made the most of his time in getting a shot off, on goal, for only one minute of play. Negative, he missed the PK that he was subbed on to make, which will affect his shot-to-score ratios, as well as, second guess his PK-taking status, should he continue to miss. hahaha

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

@DarthFooty Tbf, you propably wouldn't be laughing if he had scored that pen. XD

But joke aside, I think the whole act of bringing on a player to score a pen has been proven to work less often that just making a player already on the field take it. At least, in recent history.

Feel a bit bad for Noble though, alway liked him for the little I know of him, seem like a decent guy and a good captain. Then again, I'm also kinda glad for United victory, really want to see them fight it out with City, Chelsea and also Liverpool for the top spot.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@DarthFooty Tbf, you propably wouldn't be laughing if he had scored that pen. XD

But joke aside, I think the whole act of bringing on a player to score a pen has been proven to work less often that just making a player already on the field take it. At least, in recent history.

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Uhmn a kind of Southgate sub paid the price. I was super glad when I saw him did that though.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

And now Bruno miss his pen in the 90 minutes vs Aston Villa, nearly feel like black magic at this point.