Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mancini against new financial regulations
mladen 11 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

Mancini said: "I do not agree with this rule. If I am a rich man, I want to spend all my money on my team."         
  what do U think about this?

Comments
man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

Of course he's against it. 

20ROBINVANPERSIE 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 26 349

i agree with him if you have money you spend it thats what his doing ad his trying to make his team better

mladen 11 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

if u agree with him,u would like to see messi,ronaldo.... at man city, and united would never win title .

samuel999 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 6 185

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

He is right 100%... if you had £1 billion in your bank account , and you could only spend £1 million, you'd be pissed wouldn't you?

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

ramaboy i get what you mean but money in football didnt exist and shouldnt. 

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

I'm against the new financial regulations because even if your team is full of expensive superstars you still won't always win. Look at Real Madrid, Chelsea, and Manchester City. Spent the most money on their teams but yet none are in first place of the league and neither came first place in the group stages in the CL. 

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@tdot2barca

Last season, Real won La Liga, Manchester City won the EPL, and Chelsea won the Champions League. Are you sure your point is valid??? O.o

Anyways, I am for the new financial rules because teams shouldn't be allowed to buy all the best players in the world. Just look at Man City. City buy such a talented midfielder (Samir Nasri) and end up using him as a bench warmer. Nasri was a key part of that Arsenal squad, and after him and Fabregas left, there were less creative players on the team to feed RVP with brilliant balls. As for Chelsea, look at what happened with Shevchenko, a man who won the Ballon d'Or with Milan. And let's not forget Fernando Torres so quickly either. Madrid? Ricardo Kaka won the Ballon d'Or in 2007. Now, even if he has been hampered by injuries, he's a bench warmer just like Nasri. And for all of those who don't know, Ricky Kaka is the second most expensive transfer in history.

So you see, this is what's ruining football. Teams should take calculative measures before spending 40 Mil + on a player. And when you have so much access to money, you take it for granted and use this money to reel in quality players to your team. What you don't realize is that you are ruining that players' career and self-esteem by placing him on the bench when he could be the star elsewhere.

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

what was Man City without these

? just average team placed somewhere in the middle of the table!
where were Man City fans 4 years ago? Nowhere they were fans of other team.
just look where was Chelsea before Abramovic..

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Dynast: And don't forget that those players are pretty much stuck there, too, as they're now priced out of the market. These super-rich clubs don't need the money from sales, so they just hang on to their assets, even if they're unused, because no-one else can afford the kind of money needed to pry them from where they are.

And then, a few bench-warming years down the line, when the price might finally drop, no-one wants them because they're a washed-up once-was-great player who has been out of match fitness for the last few years.

There are some exceptions, like Robben, but it's a pretty consistent trend of career-ruining. For that reason alone it would be prudent to impose financial restrictions.

tdot2barca 11 years ago

City won from point difference & Everyone knows Chelsea won the CL by luck & Real's only competition is Barca and Barca can't win it every year.

Lodatz 11 years ago

@tdot: Chelsea didn't win by luck. They won through willpower and by having one of the greatest goalkeepers of the modern era. 

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz Cheers to that comment. Cech is underrated in the football world. +1

Tacuachillo 11 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

Money doesn't guarantee results, but it definitely helps. I for one agree with the Financial Rule and i wont go on, but basically what other people have stated. Maybe some of these billionaires should invest in La Liga and make things more interesting   

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@tdot: We've went through hell in the past 5 years in the CL. All those players who should have won the CL with us. Ballack, Joe Cole, Anelka, Carvalho, Belletti... The list goes on and on. Every tid-bit of our luck is well deserved.

I apologize for making this thread off-topic. I just can't sit here viewing a Barcelona fan's post about how we got to our CL by luck. Do you know what we had to go through to finally get that trophy?

tdot2barca 11 years ago

You won it by luck. However you could argue that with all the bad luck you've had in the past it built to a lot of good luck for a truly special year and moment. & yes Cech was probably the most important player to your success other than Drogba.

Lodatz 11 years ago

If you think Chelsea beat Barcelona by luck, tdot, then you did not watch the games.

Defense is as much an art form as attack. Barcelona didn't fail against Chelsea, they were beaten by the superior team. Remember Ramires chipping Valdes, after Lampard dispossessed Xavi and laid it on for him? Remember Torres rounding Valdes? Remember block after block and tackle after tackle to hang on in there, with 10 men, against the world's greatest side?

Remember the fact that Chelsea had already won 1-0 at Stamford Bridge, and shut Barca down, because they're the only ones who can?

Luck, my ass. Give respect and credit where it is due. Chelsea beat Barca, and they beat Bayern, too. 

tdot2barca 11 years ago

All those shots that hit the post, that penalty miss, to me it is luck. Also to me playing full out defense is far from art it is rather being dominated and scared of the true superior team, its ugly football. If they truly are the champions of Europe they would not have been out in the group stages this year (first team ever to do so), beaten by Corinthians, smashed by Atletico Madrid, or third in the EPL. I really wanted to see Bayern win it they deserve it more than anyone.

Lodatz 11 years ago

In other words, you think Chelsea got lucky because Barca failed/hit the post/missed a penalty. Your entire perspective is from Barcelona's point of view, and therefore because Barca didn't win, obviously it was just bad luck for them.

I don't think you're even open to the possibility that Barca were actually outplayed, which they were, by 10 men (should have been 11 but for another dive and another suspicious decision by the ref) who knew their jobs, had the organization, the determination, the discipline and the technical skill to keep out the best team in the world. In fact, I don't think Barca have EVER beaten Chelsea, without getting one of their players sent off, first.

No-one cared about the stupid Super Cup with Atletico. Seriously, bringing up tin-pot trophies that no-one gives two shits about is not impressive (and that includes the Club World Cup).

Why can't you respect their victory? Why can't you respect their football?

It doesn't make you look good. It makes you look like a sore loser, instead.

tdot2barca 11 years ago

Yeah you're right it is from a Barcelona point of view but they weren't outplayed c'mon. & bad luck for one side means good luck for the other. Sanchez probably did dive but it was still a stupid move by Terry. & all trophies count