Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United Transfer in the summer 2019
trimind 5 years ago
Manchester United, Canada 3 533

Now, before the official summer transfer season start, which players you would like ManU to sign, and who need to leave, and why.

To start up with, I am looking at four factors:
1) The weakness
2) Squad depth at a particular position
3) High potential youth players
4) Transfer fee

I know ManU will have approximately $250M for this transfer season. So the total sum should not exceed that.

Let begin with our weakness:
1) RB : this position is particularly weak. It is actually our weakest spot in the team at the moment. Our current defenders cannot attack, with the crossing rate is terrible. Even defending is mediocre in that side as well.
2) CB: we need one more world class player at this position to partner with Lindelof.
3) RW: currently we are missing a world class winger on this side, or a world class inside forward to make the team more balance. We rely too heavily on the work shift of the left wing.
4)CM/CDM: we have quality players here in this position, but probably we need 2 more squad players and a potential World Class midfield to start winning major trophy. In case of Herrera is leaving, we desperate need 3 more CMs/CDMs.
5)LB: We have Shaw, who is probably one of the best in his position in Premier League, but we still need a backup guy for him.

The squad depth evalution:
1) RB: Young can no longer perform at high level, and now he is mediocre at best. Valencia will be leaving on free transfer. Dalot is used more as a RW, and he is consistent in defending just yet.

I will update more on this later on.

Comments
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Good analysis mate, would like to see more. For me, whats more important for you guys and what will really make a difference on wether or not you start winning trophy again will be if you manage to find players to fill the 3 first position you named, RB, CB and RW. For me, the rest would be good as well but I think United should focus more on getting quality in those three area over overall coverage. Quality over quantity.

serans 5 years ago
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

I would like to refresh this post.

A lot of depends on who we will get rid off this summer. Lets say we lose:

• Juan Mata - about the time
  • Ander Herrera - one of our best players
  • Marcos Rojo
  • Alexis Sanchez
  • Smalling or Jones
  • Darmian?
  • Pogba?

We need new CB, RB, CM, RW.
I don't think we need to spend big, we dont need Sancho, Koulibaly or Bale.

What we want is players, who needs to prove themself every game, who will leave their heart on the pitch.

I was thinking getting Alderweireld or Maguire (but he won't be cheap) to partner up with Lindelof, would be great.
As for CM Declan Rice seems like very good singing, playing alongside McTomminay and Fred (if Pogba leaves). Maybe give Greenwood and Angel Gomes some time. I hope Andreas Pereira will also have a good season.
As for RB, i think that Diogo Dalot can handle it. Young as his sub, and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson as Luke Shaw sub.
RW is probably most important position alongside CB, cause atm we dont get anything from right side (only average quality crosses from Young). I think it will be hard not to spend big here, and getting someone like Neres, Hudson-Odoi would be amazing. Unless we will give some chances to Chong.

I would rather get more young talents, that will fight for their name every game, then 2 expensive singings with high wage and ability to have a bad season or two and still get offer from big clubs.