Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United Sign Romelu Lukaku!
TheGame 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
A further announcement will be made in due course.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

My current strongest line-up is as follows:
enter image description here

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shows that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season.

"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

"

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

Comments
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Dynastian you love discussing who is greatest of all times don't you :)) > You must have some sort of merit for it and wall of fame in your house .

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

When Lukaku wins as much trophies as Drogba and when he come near the person Drogba was stopping a civil war. Let me know.

Oh please, you're now getting desperate. The civil war stuff is utterly irrelevant to this discussion.

Romelu Lukaku is 24 years old. Did you know, that's the exact same age that Drogba was when Chelsea bought him from Marseilles? Do you know how many trophies he had won? That's right: zero, and he had also only scored 39 league goals in his entire 80 games in the French top flight.

Compare that to the 85 goals in 176 PL appearances that Lukaku has already scored since being loaned to West Brom 5 years ago.

Once again, the math favors Lukaku. :)

• History

When Lukaku wins as much trophies as Drogba and when he come near the person Drogba was stopping a civil war. Let me know.

Oh please, you're now getting desperate. The civil war stuff is utterly irrelevant to this discussion.

Romelu Lukaku is 24 years old. Did you know, that's the exact same age that Drogba was when Chelsea bought him from Marseilles, and that Drogba had not won a single trophy until then? He also had only scored 39 league goals in his entire 80 games in the French top flight?

Lukaku has already scored 85 goals in 176 PL appearances since being loaned to West Brom.

Once again, the math favors Lukaku. :)

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Man you must have been pretty bad in your math class . Fine, if you like to go by stats let's go by doing math :

85/176=0.4829 - goal rate for Lukaku .

39/80= 0.4875 - goal rate for Drogba

I am sure you are digging all this knowledge from Wikipedia , so go back and read his career carefully and pay attention to INFLUENCE his goals made on the teams he played with and what trophies he won as INDIVIDUAL ;)

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

By the logic of these guys i can now confidately say that lampard > zidane because math favores lampard 😂

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

10 goals, 10 finals, 10 trophies, drogbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Lodatz Pfff, math, what a uncivilized way of calculating a player worth. :P No, but seriously, I think its ain't possible to compare Drogba and Henry mostly because they played in very different team in different time, there have been an evolution in football between 2010 and 2015, therefore, its alway complicated if not impossible to compare player who played at different time. I think I'm going to wait and see how good Lukaku do with United and against big team to make myself an opinion on him personally. As for Drogba, he is one of the all-time best, possibly better than any player in the PL when he was playing there, no doubt about that. Also, I would like to point there is no way I am biased because I'm an Impact supporter, no possible way at all. :P

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

lol whatever floats your boats guys. It's even ridiculous enough that I'm talking about this. it should be common sense haha anyway have a great day :)

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Yes, I do enjoy discussing the greatness of players. I didn't realize how sensitive the Chelsea fans on this forum were. My apologies if I hurt your feelings.

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

nigelpayne

we have been aiming for a CB, CDM, LW and ST not really what u said!

Yeah, but for the CDM, if you play 4 3 3, then the CDM moves to CM. As for RW, I've heard about Moura moving to United, but that's about it. Then again, I've only heard Perisic for LW, though you bought Martial two seasons ago.

The point is, you keep buying in the same positions over and over again, and you never get anywhere. That's your problem, and Lukaku will not solve that.

also if we had signed laca or belotti or morata u would have been saying we would have done better to sign lukaku

Not me, trust me. Maybe those Chelsea fans making fun of him are jealous or something, but not me. My view only changes when I see something from the pitch, and that won't change when he isn't playing, not for me at least. He's only scored 5 times against United, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea in 39 matches! Terrible for a 75 million player!

Man u isnt the most hated club in the world for nothing!

Most loved actually :)

I'm all for him proving me wrong, but this is my personal viewpoint. I also hope United do something about their football, they bore me to death sometimes.

• History

nigelpayne

we have been aiming for a CB, CDM, LW and ST not really what u said!

Yeah, but for the CDM, if you play 4 3 3, then the CDM moves to CM. As for RW, I've heard about Moura moving to United, but that's about it. Then again, I've only heard Perisic for LW, though you bought Martial two seasons ago.

The point is, you keep buying in the same positions over and over again, and you never get anywhere. That's your problem, and Lukaku will not solve that.

also if we had signed laca or belotti or morata u would have been saying we would have done better to sign lukaku

Not me, trust me. Maybe those Chelsea fans making fun of him are jealous or something, but not me. My view only changes when I see something from the pitch, and that won't change when he isn't playing, not for me at least. He's only scored 5 times against United, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea in 39 matches! Terrible for a 75 million player!

Man u isnt the most hated club in the world for nothing!

Most loved actually :)

I'm all for him proving me wrong, but this is my personal viewpoint.

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I would literally take this Legend in his prime over any striker in this world at the moment. No one was better than him. No one.

Enjoy watching.

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited

Man you must have been pretty bad in your math class

Not really. You see, 85 > 39. And, that's in the hardest league in the world.

It's really, really simple. :)

Look, I get it. You guys are doing anything you can to suggest that Lukaku isn't basically an awesome signing, because after all, Chelsea stupidly let him go 3 years ago, and were also desperately hoping to get him back again this summer. So, naturally, you're now saying he's not actually that good, just to make yourselves feel better.

I get it. That doesn't mean it isn't completely obvious, though.

I am sure you are digging all this knowledge from Wikipedia , so go back and read his career carefully and pay attention to INFLUENCE his goals made on the teams he played with and what trophies he won as INDIVIDUAL ;)

I'm sure you have precisely zero way of actually measuring that, so I don't really give a sh.it. You are looking at Didier Drogba over the course of his entire career, which is an entire unfair benchmark under the circumstances.

Romelu Lukaku is 24. He has already scored more goals, played in more top flight games, AND racked up more individual awards than Drogba had, by the same age. Drogba made the Team of the Year twice, over his whole career. Lukaku has already done it once, and even been Player of the Month, which Drogba never did!

The math, the facts, and even basic common sense favors Lukaku.

Let's not forget that all I said was that if Mou can get out of Lu what he got out of Drogba then it will be a great move, and that's all it took to get all of you Chelsea fans whining about how Lukaku could NEVER be as good as Drogba, because: Reasons.

Don't be salty just because United 'pulled a Willian' on you. ;)

• History

Look, I get it. You guys are doing anything you can to suggest that Lukaku isn't basically an awesome signing, because after all, Chelsea stupidly let him go 3 years ago, and were also desperately hoping to get him back again. So, naturally, you're now saying he's not actually that good, just to make yourselves feel better.

I get it. It doesn't mean it isn't completely obvious, though.

I'm sure you have precisely zero way of actually measuring that, so I don't really give a sh.it. You are looking at Didier Drogba over the course of his entire career, which is an entire unfair benchmark under the circumstances.

Romelu Lukaku is 24. He has already scored more goals, played in more top flight games, AND racked up more individual awards than Drogba had, by the same age. The math, the facts, and even basic common sense favors Lukaku.

All I said was that if Mou can get out of Lu what he got out of Drogba then it will be a great move, and that's all it took to get all of you Chelsea fans whining about how Lukaku could NEVER be as good as Drogba, because: Reasons.

Look, I get it. You guys are doing anything you can to suggest that Lukaku isn't basically an awesome signing, because after all, Chelsea stupidly let him go 3 years ago, and were also desperately hoping to get him back again this summer. So, naturally, you're now saying he's not actually that good, just to make yourselves feel better.

I get it. That doesn't mean it isn't completely obvious, though.

Romelu Lukaku is 24. He has already scored more goals, played in more top flight games, AND racked up more individual awards than Drogba had, by the same age. The math, the facts, and even basic common sense favors Lukaku.

All I said was that if Mou can get out of Lu what he got out of Drogba then it will be a great move, and that's all it took to get all of you Chelsea fans whining about how Lukaku could NEVER be as good as Drogba, because: Reasons.

Lodatz 7 years ago

@Lodatz Pfff, math, what a uncivilized way of calculating a player worth. :P

Well, it's the American way, so...

No, but seriously, sometimes the math makes it look really simple. When you are Lukaku, who has scored 10+ in every single one of the 5 years you've been playing full-time in the Premier League, for teams who are not packed with stars, when 4 of those 5 seasons the tally was 15+, (and with a nice little 8 goals in 9 games in the Europa League too), and when you are still only 24 years old...

....you're a really fuc.king good player.

This shouldn't even be a discussion.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

;( i'm so sad, we didn't buy lukaku;(, lukaku is already better than drogba ;( he scored more goals than drogba ;(

Seriously tho lukaku is a great player nobody is denying that and i would have him at chelsea but it is what it is.

It's not like lukaku at 24 has more goals than drogba he also has more goals thand ronaldo, henry and so on....

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Lodatz So you think I'm Americain, eh? :P But more seriously, I'm hoping you are realising I'm simply messing with ya. :D

AlexBatak 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

"Chelsea stupidly let him go 3 years ago, and were also desperately
hoping to get him back again this summer."

Ok. Who was it again who let him go? A little bit footballing knowledge or at least watch what happened before coming to conclusions.

For your info not all Chelsea fans were even excited to have Lukaku back and I sure as hell wasn't one of them lol.

Lukaku can't even have a decent first touch to even consider him as good as Drogba that's what I said at the beginning but it was idiotic to even think or talk about that.

• History

Ok. Who was it again who let him go? I little bit footballing knowledge or at least watch what happened before coming to conclusions.

For your info not all Chelsea fans were even excited to have Lukaku back and I sure as hell wasn't one of them lol.

Lukaku can't even have a decent first touch to even consider him as good as Drogba that's what I said at the beginning but it was idiotic to even thin about that.

Ok. Who was it again who let him go? I little bit footballing knowledge or at least watch what happened before coming to conclusions.

Lukaku can't even have a decent first touch to even consider him as good as Drogba that's what I said at the beginning but it was idiotic to even think or talk about that.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Alex To make it clear mate, I agree with you, Drogba is way better than Lukaku. Thats my opinion anyway. :)

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

This whole discussion is a waste of time it's like arguing whether Giroud is better than Henry or not. Better off it's like saying Peter Crouch is better than Messi because he has more goals in the EPL than him.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Look man, I don't know what y'all are arguing about. In terms of goal scoring ability, then the math favors Lukaku. The one thing I want you guys to know is that the eye test is much better judge than stats.

Drogba is much more talented than Lukaku and all of you say no are racist... Jk, probably drunk tho.

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

The guy hates Mourinho's guts it's all business and money for him. Whereas Drogba wouldn't have left Chelsea for someone else for money, he kept fighting for more glory. Lukaku will never be a Legend in any club. Mark my word.