Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United Sign Romelu Lukaku!
TheGame 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
A further announcement will be made in due course.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

My current strongest line-up is as follows:
enter image description here

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shows that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season.

"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

"

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

Comments
AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707
iHEARTfootball 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

A very questionable signing, to me. First we lost out on Griezmann for an understandable reason, and then we were having negotiation issues with RM over Morata. The days when Lukaku began to follow Chelsea players on instagram and twitter surely was a dead giveaway that he was going to return to Stamford Bridge.

A week ago, BBC sport reported that Mourinho was getting irritated with our transfer activity, which puts pressure on Woodward to get the ball rolling, hopefully for the Morata deal, and then all of a sudden, a price was agreed by us to get Lukaku to OT?? For approximately 75m?!?!?!

Money talks, obviously (75m from what I've read), but this whole Lukaku business seems like a panic buy to me. Lukaku is a Chelsea fanboy through and through and his emotions are going to affect his performance when we'll be facing them next season, which I worry greatly. And for fu*ks sake, 75m over one player to Everton will show that Ronald Koeman is quite possibly the greatest manager Everton ever had, especially when he pulled off those fantastic major signings thus far. Everton are going places, not sure about us, however.

• History

A very questionable signing, to me. First we lost out on Griezmann for an understandable reason, and then we were having negotiation issues with RM over Morata. The days when Lukaku began to follow Chelsea players on instagram and twitter surely was a dead giveaway that he was going to return to Stamford Bridge.

A week ago, BBC sport reported that Mourinho was getting irritated with our transfer activity, which puts pressure on Woodward to get the ball rolling, hopefully for the Morata deal, and then a price was agreed by us to get Lukaku to OT?? For approximately 75m?!?!?!

Money talks, obviously (75m from what I've read), but this whole Lukaku business seems like a panic buy to me. Lukaku is a Chelsea fanboy through and through and his emotions are going to affect his performance when we'll be facing them next season, which I worry greatly. And for fu*ks sake, 75m over one player to Everton will show that Ronald Koeman is quite possibly the greatest manager Everton ever had, especially when he pulled off those fantastic major signings thus far. Everton are going places, not sure about us, however.

ashwin1729 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 10 704

I was just about to post this! You beat me to it Game!

Also, I think we should go to a 4-4-2. Can't have Martial and Rashford on the wings! Such a waste there...Put Rooney on one of the wings if he stays, and he's not bad on the wing at all. Mhiki can play the other...

• History

I was just about to post this! You beat me to it Game!

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002
  1. Refuses to play Lukaku.
  2. Loans him out, he scores goals.
  3. Refuses to play him.
  4. Loans him out again. Scores more goals.
  5. Refuses to play him.
  6. Sells him.
  7. Buys him back for triple the price.

Master manager Mourinho

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Oh thank god!

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm not sure how I feel about this. But hey, man scores goals, even if I think he's kinda crap at everything else.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

I'm happy about that if we get morata.

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Lukaku for 75m that menas Morata is minimum at 90m

celsolewis 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 2 211

Real Madrid will suck Chelsea to dry for Morata .. they will pay more than 85 million .. The gamble is bigger in Morata but it is very good ..
bring on the season

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Overpaid... But red looks better than blue ;)
@quikzyyy +1

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quikzyyy Brillant and underated! ;) +1

But seriously, despite his lack of flair and technique, Lukaku should be a good element for United, he is strong and quick, could be lethal on the counter for them, espcially with Pogba passing him the ball. :)

• History

@quikzyyy Brillant and underated! ;) +1

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Quikzy as always using his imagination to creat another bias joke just to find somehow to joke about Mourinho because he made fun of Arsenal with Wenger and backed it up :)

I wanted Lukaku back but that price was a lot for a player with awful touch and consistency to disappear against big clubs . However, Like sunflash said , if you need goals he delivers them . At least 30+ in all competitions he will bring this coming season .

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus Man, don't be sour, it is true Mou didn't show much fate to many player who went on to become brillant player for other team (KDB, Mata, Lukaku, etc.) but to be fair, there no way to know if those guys would have suceeded on Mou team or if they wouldn't have left so he might have, in way, made them the footballer they are today. Yeah, he ended moving back for Lukaku but maybe he wouldn't have been good enough for that if Mou wouldn't have let him go to Everton. Beside, Mou might sometime fail to see the potential or the talent in certain inviduals but that doesn't stop him from spoting absolute gem (like Baily for exemple) and to be one of the best manager out there.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Overpaid for a solid striker. Morata would have probably been a better long-term option. I'd rather see Morata at Chelsea though, so I'm not complaining.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

I'm looking forward to next season would be interesting if man United played well! And considering he was top scorer and always was a good player I think the price is actually done.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@emo

We are doing samething under Conte . Are fans going to blame Conte ? No . I can see board , status of the club and Roman putting pressure to win throphies and it is hard to integrate unproven young players into the squad unless they show exceptional skills .

KDB was lazy . And admitted it himself in interview then made victim of himself .
Mata didn't track . Stamina was bad . He barely makes into spains 11 . If Chelsea wants to be top European club then we needed someone better .

We have a lot of good players with great potentials . We can't play them all or foresee their development .

Back to the topic . Lukaku was sporting directors choice not Contes . Just like I am sure many other transfers .

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I think he isn't much better signing than Lacazette... and any striker that Chelsea buy, I think will be much better than Lukaku. He is great striker and especially proven in PL and that was trigger for buying him rather than for example, Morata. However, let's compare him and Lacazette. Lacazette is obviously faster (not by much) compared to Lukaku who is for example, much stronger. However Lukaku's pace and Lacazette's strenght don't block them by playing in PL that much since they are decent in both. Lacazette's major pro compared to Lukaku is his actual ability to have first touch, much better dribbling and also he is capable of linking up attack while Lukaku isn't better at anything than Lacazette. You can expect Lacazette to score from harder chances because he isn't target striker like Lukaku. They are also near eachother in finishing but positional sense can go to Lacazette comfortably.

And it's also 50m to 85m. You don't overpay 35m because of proveness in PL. And stuff about Lacazette and penalties is absolutely worst argument I ever saw.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Arsenal got the best deal so far with lacazette, amazing player!
I never rated lukaku that high and don't understand why united stopped approaching morata, morata is the future of spain and kinda reminds me of a young torres.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Lukaku for 75m that menas Morata is minimum at 90m

How is Morata worth 90 millions? 15 more than Lukaku?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2017 I mostly agree with you just to make this clear. On the area of promoting young into the first team, Conte doesn't seem any better than Mou and I think he wouldn't have been any better than Mou if he had to deal with KDB and even maybe Mata.

@Chelsea8 To be fair, I really think the media blow out of proportion the talk for Morata, Perez himself set they were no contact between the two club and yet, rumours of it were going while for 2 or 3 weeks.

@Croatian You make good point as alway but I'll say what I alway say in those time, time will tell us wich will be the best signing. :)