Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United might sell Vidic
Transfer_Window 12 years ago
Wrexham, England 33 29

Russian big spenders Anzhi Makhachkala are preparing a €40m (£32m) bid for Man United defender Nemanja Vidic.
As much as Sir Alex Ferguson may value the Serbian international an offer of this magnitude for an injury prone player closing in on his 31st birthday may be too good to pass up.

Should United cash in on Vidic and get a few new defenders ?

Comments
Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

It's very tempting because 32m on Vidic (31 years old) would be a fantastic deal. But Vidic is also a United, so I wanted to see him retire in Red. But if Ferguson wants to improve the defensive force for the future, then this deal would be a great stepping stone.

WhatTheHell 12 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

I dont think  ManUtd will reject that ridiculous bid from Anzhi... so yeah CASH IN HIM NOW he is not getting any younger + ManUtd have Evans, Jones and Smalling waiting  for a 1st team action

regli11 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 37 227

i think if he is gona sell him then 40m in pounds is a good deal as they can buy other player

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

Perfect time to sell Vidic and let the cash flow in for some young players. We all know Man Utd has the best scouting network like Barca having the best youth academy.

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

@naman93  You forgot Inter/Ajax/Liverpool these teams have one of the best youth academy's in the world just like Barca

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

i think porto and Ajax have better scouting network than Man UTD..
40.000.000 for Vidic are a huge bid that Man UTD cannot reject.. I hope they wont Buy Hummels.. ;)

devilz 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

can't really turn down an offer like that....but like heins said, he is a true red, and i would be extemely sad to see him leave...

man_utd 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

No matter what the price is, we can't and won't let Vidic go.
He's sewn in the United fans hearts and franchise.

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

okay that was my point of view lets not deviate from the topic.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Out: Vidic
In: Hummels?

That would be good for United.

Heisinburg 12 years ago

*sigh* if only football today wasn't driven by excessive money splashing.......

I'm afraid to say that United really needs to invest. Sooner or later, Ferdinand is going to retire, and we need to find a replacement for him soon. Jonny Evans is improving a lot so I like him to be one of our mains in the future, but in the meantime, Ferdinand needs support soon.

If Vidic goes, it will be gut wrenching, but it may be necessary to use that money to sign a young, highly experienced, defender, and as most people are saying, Hummels is on my wish-list. The man offers great defence and attacking options as well since he is also a long range pass master.

You don't see young high class CBs these days, and Hummels seems to be the best choice at the moment, unless Serbia can offer another talented CB (they seem to be the best at it). But I'm looking that Hummels at the moment. Ever since Vidic's injury, his performance has dropped, and his recovery is taking up most of his remaining time, which is bad because of his age as well. He's already over his peak level. I'm worried now.

United_Hates_Blues 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Anyone that spends €40m on a CB that just tore his ACL is stupid, regardless of the class. 

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

Hummels wont leave Dortmund i guess , Arsenal also tried to bring him to the Emirates but he refused the offer.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

He'd have to agree to go to Russia in order for United to sell him. That's NOT gonna happen.

neshwar 12 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 8 567

30m shud b good but y wanna sell a guy who breathes and live for mu???

Heisinburg 12 years ago

That's like asking why would you wanna sell people who breathed and lived for Arsenal, e.g, RVP, Song, Fabregas, Nasri, Adebayor, etc. It's about business, and that's the truth.

neshwar 12 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 8 567

all those players breathed & lived for arsenal but we only sell them when they think they are bigger than the club, tats business alrite but vidic didn seem to show any signs of tat, he won everythin with MU so hunger for trophies is definately out of the question. perhaps its juz biz nothin personal

KingHenry 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@heisinburg RVP, Song, Nasri and Adebayor didn't "breath and live" for arsenal. If they did they would have stayed. Fabregas is a little different but he breathes and lives for FCB

bambhose 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Spain 0 124

i do not think he will leav