Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United - Liverpool
tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Make or break situation for United, Liverpool title chances to be questioned after the game.

• Liverpool has the best performances against top 6
  • Their Southampton game in the cup was the poorest game I saw in a while, Sturidge and co just awful
  • United winning streak to be tested and the chance to confirm against a big team

United win I hope ( a draw is also possible )

Best bets here : United or draw + both to score : 2,7 odd
United or draw + over 2,5 : 3,1 odd

Comments
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I don't understand how United didn't win that game . Finishing is still a problem at United.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

If the keepers we play could stop turning into fucking Neuer for once that'd be nice. When was the last time Mignolet played that well anyway?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Sunflash Thats true, Mignolet haven't been too bad recently, but he had quite a performance against United. Its seem keeper are alway on form when United play. That is pretty crazy. :(

Gustavo 7 years ago Edited
Liverpool 2 234

I thought if anybody was going to appreciate a good goalkeeper performance it would be a man u fan, seeing as the only reason they've finished in the top half of the table for the last 3 years was because of good goalkeeper performances.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I thought if anybody was going to be appreciate a good goalkeeper performance it would be a man u fan, seeing as the only reason they've finished in the top half of the table for the last 3 years was because of good goalkeeper performances.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I saw yesterday Mane vs Tunisia, that guy is a great talent. He will be missed by the reds imo.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Gustavo

Yeah I do, cause De Gea plays like that every week. It's really frustrating to see Mignolet/Gomes/Butland/etc have their best games of the season against us and then give up four soft goals the following week.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Hahah I can understand what sunflash means . We had the same problem but fans laughed at us . Some goalkeepers do give performance of their life against certain teams and at times even entire team does it so too like Liverpool :))!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Sunflash I dunno, its like they are more pumped when facing you guys, maybe because they know how good you are.

Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Sun: now you know how it has felt for the last 3 or 4 years as a Spurs fan. Every keeper in the league decides to Play against us, and then lets in 3 the following week.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Lodatz Well, the way I see it, its not happening this year at least. :D

Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

We've started to get some momentum, that's for sure. Don't want to jinx anything. ;)

I actually saw this fixture as a draw before it was played. Impressive that Liverpool still haven't lost to their direct rivals, and while United needed more points, they are still only 5 points off 2nd.

This Top 4 race is far from over...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Lodatz For sure, just as predicted this season is epic and to be fair, it still got a bit of that suprising magic that make the EPL such an awesome league, what with Chelsea being so good and Guardiola not being greater than what he currently is.

Gustavo 7 years ago
Liverpool 2 234

now you know how it has felt for the last 3 or 4 years as a Spurs fan. Every keeper in the league decides to Play against us, and then lets in 3 the following week

*Liverpool fan

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Gustavo To be fair, this seem to happen to every big team at one point or another of their season.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Man, Klopp isn't letting that Herrera thing go. Called the guy "lazy," which is obviously ridiculous. Wonder why Klopp is making a mountain out of a tactical foul that got the yellow card it deserved.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Sunflash To be fair, I usually think Herrera is a great player who work hard but after seeing him pulling Firmino shirt and then diving to get a foul after that joke of a challenge, even I was a bit digusted. Hopefully, Herrera stop pulling stuff like that and Klopp will get over it. Also, want to know who else made a tactical foul to save his team? Luis Suarez in WC 2010, remember how much hate he got for that? Well, Ander move is a bit similar even if it wasn't game changing, it was dirty and wasn't a good show of sportmanship in my opinion.

• History

@Sunflash To be fair, I usually think Herrera is a great player who work hard but after seeing him pulling Firmino shirt and then diving to get a foul after that joke of a challenge, even I was a bit digusted. Hopefully, Herrera stop pulling stuff like that and Klopp will get over it. Also, want to know who else made a tactical foul to save his team? Luis Suarez in WC 2010, remember how much he got for that? Well, Ander move is a bit similar even if it wasn't game changing, it was dirty and wasn't a good show of sportmanship in my opinion.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Hard disagreement with you there. Tactical fouls are just that, tactical. There's nothing dirty about them.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Sunflash Its a foul, so it mean its something you should not do and if its tactical, then its intentional. How could an intentional foul not be dirty? Are you saying you would recommend player to purposefully commit foul to win time or try to change the game to their advantage? If that what your trying to say? Because I'm happy to disagree with you if it is. XD Where as sportmanship gone really. :(

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Brutal body contact: physical practices that are common to sports and are accepted by the athletes as part of the action and risk involved in participating – e.g. collisions, hits, tackles, blocks, body checks
Borderline violence: physical practices that violate the rules of the game but are accepted by players, coaches, referees, and fans – e.g. strategic elbowing/kneeing in soccer and basketball, fighting in hockey
Quasi-criminal violence: physical practices that violate formal rules and informal norms accepted by players and may result in a fine or short-term suspension – e.g. cheap shots, late hits
Criminal violence: physical practices outside the formal rules of sport and the laws of society – e.g. assault that occurs after the game ends

This is taken directly out of my notes from last semester - it's basically a go-to for psychologists studying sport to analyze the violence in the game. Herrera foul is tactical and therefore defined as: physical practices that violate the rules of the sport but are acceptable, well read it yourself I don't really want to type all that out.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Sunflash Ah, ok, if you see it like that, I understand what you mean, it wasn't a dangerous foul at all for sure. I still think it was bit agressive and clearly was out of place. Thats why I said it was dirty, but for sure, its not the worse foul of all time in term of violence and physical contact. Sorry, I seem to have gotten that completely wrong. XD Anyway, I agree Klopp is exagerating a bit, propably just giving the media what they want. :S That or he just angry because Firmino got a yellow out of it.

• History

@Sunflash Ah, ok, if you see it like that, I understand what you mean, it wasn't a dangerous foul at all for sure. I still think it was bit agressive and clearly was out of place. Thats why I said it was dirty, but for sure, its not the worse foul of all time in term of violence and physical contact. Sorry to have gotten that wrong. XD Anyway, I agree Klopp is exagerating a bit, propably just giving the media what they want. :S That or he just angry because Firmino got a yellow out of it.