Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United Family.. What is going on with our club?? Let's talk, How we can rebuild the house.
celsolewis 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 2 211

I am very concerned about our team.. I think the main problem in this mess, start in the Managment section... Ed Woodward ruined the club in his 3 years of leadership. I would be in the stars if Woodward and LVG go...
What about the squad?. We must make a good cleanup... some players must go.. I bet on Carrick (thanks for his great job but we need fresh blood), Phil Jones (Once he was the young defender of year, but he is an injury prone, every year only plays 4 months), Bastian would be good if we was playing in CL because of his expirience, he must go.. Fellaini out, Lingard, others Rubbish and old Players out, new ones must come.

Lets rebuild our club, mates...
The problem is that with this crise the WORLD CLASS FOOTBALLERS WILL NOT COME Until we put our badge back to the highest level of european football

Until there we must have other good targets because the TOP-CLASS PLAYERS will not come (lets be realistic)
Bale, Pobga, Kroos, Lewandowski, and others I read everyday on newspapers will not come just for money.. they are already highly payed.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I am very concerned about our team.. I think the main problem in this mess, start in the Managment section... Ed Woodward ruined the club in his 3 years of leadership. I would be in the stars if Woodward and LVG go...
What about the squad?. We must make a good cleanup... some players must go.. I bet on Carrick (thanks for his great job but we need fresh blood), Phil Jones (Once he was the young defender of year, but he is an injury prone, every year only plays 4 months), Bastian would be good if we was playing in CL because of his expirience, he must go.. Fellaini out, Lingard, others Rubbish and old Players out, new ones must come.

Lets rebuild our club, mates...
The problem is that with this crise the WORLD CLASS FOOTBALLERS WILL NOT COME Until we put our badge back to the highest level of european football

Until there we must have other good targets because the TOP-CLASS PLAYERS will not come (lets be realistic)
Bale, Pobga, Kroos, Lewandowski, and others I read everyday on papers will not come just for money.. they are already highly payed.

Comments
ashwin1729 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Wow...so much hatred towards LVG. His principles are a little inflexible, and game style may be boring, but you can not deny the fact that he's doing a decent job with the squad he has. United does not need a bunch of signings. If Jones stays injury free, then I don't think we'll need another CB. But if Varane's coming to United, I'm not going to say no. Look at all the players LVG has brought into the frame of 1st team. Fosu-Mensah will be a beast in the future. Jackson, and Shaw at LB. Martial, Rashford, and Lingard are only 19-20. I think Memphis should and will step up next season, and I see a lot of potential for him; even more than Lingard. To be honest, United's frailties this season have been set pieces. That's the only thing I'd blame LVG for. We got knocked out of UCL due to set pieces. New Castle scored against us in the dying moments with a set piece. Even last week, we lost the game on 2 set pieces. Whether it's LVG's fault or someone else's, the coach should take the blame.

As for scouting, Tuanis brought up a very valid point. How does Tottenham and Westham have better scouting department than us? That is something that needs to be fixed...like last year. LVG is working on it. Mou is not a bad coach...he is a bad option for United. He will come in for 2-3 seasons, buys a team, and leaves after winning the trophy. That is not someone we need. The fact that both Carlo, and Pep turned down United jobs should shed some light on the situation that there are some problems that even those well established coaches would not want to tackle.

Overall, LVG has one more year left on his tenure. I'd let him finish his tenure. Players are not and have never been the problem. Well, may be, we need a winger if Martial starts playing upfront, and Rooney behind him and RB. Herrera, and Schniederlin have very good potential at CM. Fellaini is required for those physical matches; like the one against Westham. And what we need is a RB. I do not trust Darmian. He will be opened up by fast teams. Especially teams like Tottenham & Arsenal. For the team to play an attractive football, there needs to be Chemistry. What LVG needs to stop doing is rotating the midfielders. He needs to start both Herrera and Schniederlin at the same time, and rotate them out with Basti/Carrick.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I agree with SunFlash and Tuanis, the problem might not be down to players (like Depay can still be awesome) the problem is the management, the coach and our playing style.

Its worse than with Moyes, and again if not for De Gea, we would probably be lower than Chelsea.

Watching our team is torturing nowadays, so hard to digest... our style kills our players' potential. Actually LVG style and his stubborness. Its crazy.

The only good thing came out this year is our young talents... but without the good mix, they will never grow to their very best.

Amerr30 8 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

The way I see, the mistake that Manchester United has made is that they did not look at history.

Real Madrid tried to do the very same thing that Manchester United has done, less than decade ago.

I'm talking about the time when we had a lot of players from Netherlands in our team. Robben, Sneijder, Huntelaar, Drenthe, Van Nistelrooy, and Van Deer Vart. Sure, we won the league, but that has never really been enough. We didn't really challenge for the Champions League.

Van Gaal brought the entire Netherlands academy with him. Anthony Martial, Memphis Depay, Blind, Schneiderlin, Darmian, along with himself being Dutch. I knew right away, as soon as he started purchasing players only from his Country that his time at United will end in a disaster. The guy is more interested in selling the Dutch brand than making United good again. You cannot tell me that he is not aware of any good player from any other Country. It's not like United doesn't have the funds to get any player that is availible, and yet what Van Gal did was stack the team with Dutch players. He's a nationalistic asshat.

If United want to be good and successful again, the first thing they need to do is fire Van Gaal and hire somebody good.

Everything else can be fixed. Players can be sold, new ones can be bought. United is not short on cash. You guys have to realize that Van Gaal is destroying your club with his nationalistic tendencies.

Put somebody objective in charge. Manchester United is a big club, all you need is a decent manager to attract really great talent. Get rid of all the players who are not worthy of wearing the jersey. You need to have a good mixture of experience and young talent in a team. To me it looks like Manchester United, the club once everybody in Europe feared, have been given to little teenagers who simply do not have their shit together.

A once such fearful club, now depends on the moods of when snotty little teenagers will decide to play at their own level and sweat for the jersey. You guys have no alternative, that is the problem. When the teenagers do disappoint on the field, there is no recourse. There is no punishment. They play next week again. There is no fear of losing their spot, especially those from Netherlands. Seriously, Van Gaal has turned the club into a joke. A joke that has always been Netherlands NT team. A team always with so much talent, yet have never won a major silverware.

Don't even mention Rooney to me, he has never been a leader and he should've been sold long ago.

(tuan_jin: I hope you're not offended by what I said. I have nothing against the Dutch people. The problem I have is with Nationalistic people, and of course, the annoying little teenagers. :P )

• History

The way I see, the problem that Manchester United has made is that they did not look at history.

Real Madrid tried to do the very same thing that Manchester United has done, less than decade ago.

I'm talking about the time when we had a lot of players from Netherlands in our team. Robben, Sneijder, Huntelaar, Drenthe, Van Nistelrooy, and Van Deer Vart. Sure, we won the league, but that has never really been enough. We didn't really challenge for the Champions League.

What van gaal did was bring the entire Netherlands academy with him. Anthony Martial, Memphis Depay, Blind, Schneiderlin, Darmian, along with himself being Dutch. I knew right away, as soon as he started purchasing players only from his Country that his time at United will end in a disaster. The guy is more interested in selling the Dutch brand than making United good again. You cannot tell me that he is not aware of any good player from any other Country. It's not like United doesn't have the funds to get any player that is availible, and yet what Van Gal did was stack the team with Dutch players. He's a nationalistic asshat.

If United wants to be good and successful again, the first thing they need to do is fire Van Gaal and hire somebody good.

Everything else can be fixed. Players can be sold, new ones can be bought. United is not short on cash. You guys have to realize that Van Gaal is destroying your club with his nationalistic tendencies.

But somebody objective in charge. Manchester United is a big club, all you need is a decent manager to attract really great talent. Get rid of all the players who are not worthy of wearing the jersey. You need to have a good mixture of experience and young talent in a team. To me it looks like Manchester United, the club once everybody in Europe feared, have been given to little teenagers who simply do not have their shit together. Don't even mention Rooney to me, he has never been a leader and he should've been sold long ago.

The way I see, the mistake that Manchester United has made is that they did not look at history.

What van gaal did was bring the entire Netherlands academy with him. Anthony Martial, Memphis Depay, Blind, Schneiderlin, Darmian, along with himself being Dutch. I knew right away, as soon as he started purchasing players only from his Country that his time at United will end in a disaster. The guy is more interested in selling the Dutch brand than making United good again. You cannot tell me that he is not aware of any good player from any other Country. It's not like United doesn't have the funds to get any player that is availible, and yet what Van Gal did was stack the team with Dutch players. He's a nationalistic asshat.

If United wants to be good and successful again, the first thing they need to do is fire Van Gaal and hire somebody good.

But somebody objective in charge. Manchester United is a big club, all you need is a decent manager to attract really great talent. Get rid of all the players who are not worthy of wearing the jersey. You need to have a good mixture of experience and young talent in a team. To me it looks like Manchester United, the club once everybody in Europe feared, have been given to little teenagers who simply do not have their shit together. Don't even mention Rooney to me, he has never been a leader and he should've been sold long ago.

Van Gaal brought the entire Netherlands academy with him. Anthony Martial, Memphis Depay, Blind, Schneiderlin, Darmian, along with himself being Dutch. I knew right away, as soon as he started purchasing players only from his Country that his time at United will end in a disaster. The guy is more interested in selling the Dutch brand than making United good again. You cannot tell me that he is not aware of any good player from any other Country. It's not like United doesn't have the funds to get any player that is availible, and yet what Van Gal did was stack the team with Dutch players. He's a nationalistic asshat.

Put somebody objective in charge. Manchester United is a big club, all you need is a decent manager to attract really great talent. Get rid of all the players who are not worthy of wearing the jersey. You need to have a good mixture of experience and young talent in a team. To me it looks like Manchester United, the club once everybody in Europe feared, have been given to little teenagers who simply do not have their shit together. Don't even mention Rooney to me, he has never been a leader and he should've been sold long ago.

Put somebody objective in charge. Manchester United is a big club, all you need is a decent manager to attract really great talent. Get rid of all the players who are not worthy of wearing the jersey. You need to have a good mixture of experience and young talent in a team. To me it looks like Manchester United, the club once everybody in Europe feared, have been given to little teenagers who simply do not have their shit together.

A once such fearful club, now depends on the moods of when snotty little teenagers will decide to play at their own level and sweat for the jersey. You guys have no alternative, that is the problem. When the teenagers do disappoint on the field, there is no recourse. There is no punishment. They play next week again. There is no fear of losing their spot, especially those from Netherlands. Seriously, Van Gaal has turned the club into a joke. A joke that has always been Netherlands NT team. A team always with so much talent, yet have never won a major silverware.

Don't even mention Rooney to me, he has never been a leader and he should've been sold long ago.

(tuan_jin: I hope you're not offended by what I said. I have nothing against the Dutch people. The problem I have is with Nationalistic people, and of course, the annoying little teenagers. :P )

JozeMourinho 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Amerr30

I know we disagreed on many stuff but this..THIS is simply well said

enter image description here

• History

@Amerr30

I know we disagreed on many stuff but this..THIS is simply well said

(removed)

I'm glad you see it too, Joze. It's quite obvious, actually. I'm just surprised I've never actually read anybody saying anything about it. I suppose people avoid making such claims in the media, especially considering how UK sensationalizes everything but still - if it is true, it should be said.

Van Gaal even went as far as selling the players who would be competing with his dearly beloved Dutch teenagers.

I mean, don't you think United would really be finding a certain Chicharito Hernandez very useful right about now?

• Sold Rafael to make room for Blind.
  • Sold Angel di Maria after only ONE season, having paid a record amount for him. Sold Nani, too.
  • Both of them would have given both Martial and Memphis very very hard time getting into the starting 11. Not to mention a certain Chicharito.
  • Sold Clevearley for Schneiderlin.

If he kept any of these players, the starting spot for his Dutch players would be in jeopardy. It's clear as day. Considering the amount of money he spent to get these replacements, he did not improve the quality of the team AT ALL. If anything, he lowered it. You do not stack a team that has ambitions on major silverware with unproven talent. With players who have not yet made a name for themselves.

I mean you can buy one player like that per season, two at most. And they would be mostly sitting on the bench. NOT as many as he did, and not without giving them competition. He basically just gifted them the stardom, the salary and treatment of superstars.. BEFORE they earned it, before they made a name for themselves.

Did he really just think it would work? Could anybody be so arrogant to think of himself, and his abilities to judge young talent on the level of.. I don't know.. God? That he could literally pick 4-5 young players from obscurity, give them the starting berths and the salary to go with it at a club like Manchester United.

What I do not understand though is how.. just how did the English media and the United board allow him to do this. I agree that the manager should be given authority to buy/sell any player he wishes. However, when you see a clear agenda in somebody's actions that could actually end up changing the identity of the club - that is when you step in.

• History

I'm glad you see it too, Joze. It's quite obvious, actually. I'm just surprised I've never actually read anybody saying anything about it. I suppose people avoid making such claims in the media, especially considering how UK sensationalizes everything but still - if it is true, it should be said. It's quite obvious, really.

Van Gaal even went as far as selling the players who would be competing with his dearly beloved Dutch teenagers.

I mean, don't you think United would really be finding a certain Chicharito Hernandez very useful right about now?

• Sold Rafael to make room for Blind. Sold Angel di Maria after only
  • ONE season, having paid a record amount for him. Sold Nani, too.
  • Both of them would have given both Martial and Memphis very very hard time getting into the starting 11.

If he kept any of these players, the starting spot for his Dutch players would be in jeopardy. It's clear as day.

I'm glad you see it too, Joze. It's quite obvious, actually. I'm just surprised I've never actually read anybody saying anything about it. I suppose people avoid making such claims in the media, especially considering how UK sensationalizes everything but still - if it is true, it should be said.

• Sold Rafael to make room for Blind. Sold Angel di Maria after only
  • ONE season, having paid a record amount for him. Sold Nani, too.
  • Both of them would have given both Martial and Memphis very very hard time getting into the starting 11.

If he kept any of these players, the starting spot for his Dutch players would be in jeopardy. It's clear as day.

• Sold Angel di Maria after only ONE season, having paid a record amount for him. Sold Nani, too.
  • Both of them would have given both Martial and Memphis very very hard time getting into the starting 11. Not to mention a certain Chicharito.

What I do not understand though is how.. just how did the English media and the United board allow him to do this. I agree that the manager should be given authority to buy/sell any player he wishes. However, when you see a clear agenda in somebody's actions that could actually end up changing the identity of the club - that is when you step in.

If he kept any of these players, the starting spot for his Dutch players would be in jeopardy. It's clear as day. Considering the amount of money he spent to get these replacements, he did not improve the quality of the team AT ALL. If anything, he lowered it. You do not stack a team that has ambitions on major silverware with unproven talent. With players who have not yet made a name for themselves.

I mean you can buy one player like that per season, two at most. And they would be mostly sitting on the bench. NOT as many as he did, and not without giving them competition. He basically just gifted them the stardom, the salary and treatment of superstars.. BEFORE they even made name for themselves.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

I agree with everything said amerr!

Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Amerr30

There was a rumor to replace De Gea with Cillessen from Ajax. I am pretty sure the club declined it thankfully.

What you are saying is on spot for me, I doubt Depay would be even bought if not Dutch and seriously so many players from those you mentioned got declined simply because LVG didn't liked them. LVG is past his best and time won't improve things either. The team is playing 1 week and 1 week they decline. LVG thinks he is managing the Netherlands but he is managing a giant club.

The only positive I saw was the youngsters that are all massively talented besides that the whole LVG journey under UTD was a disaster besides the Liverpool derbies when they were still under Rodgers.

Back when LVG was managing Barcelona he got rid of Giovani a great striker and said he will never win anything with him so he did with Rivaldo. Giovani ended up at a Greek club making the team UCL quality and scoring goals despite such harsh injuries. Di Maria seems to be a snake but the way he was beeing treated like a 2nd quality sub was what forced him to PSG.

In fewer words LVG is a stubborn old man that will not change or will not admit his mistakes. The 5-1 vs Spain is what gave him reputation that he is still top class but it was all a big lie after all. So simply either trust Mourinho to give success to United even for 1-2 years or find a manager like Klopp.

• History

@Amerr30

There was a rumor to replace De Gea with Cillessen from Ajax. I am pretty sure the club declined it thankfully.

What you are saying is on spot for me, I doubt Depay would be even bought if not Dutch and seriously so many players from those you mentioned got declined simply because LVG didn't liked them. LVG is past his best and time won't make improve things either. The team is playing 1 week and 1 week they decline. LVG thinks he is managing the Netherlands but he is managing a giant club.

The only positive I saw was the youngsters that are all massively talented besides that the whole LVG journey under UTD was a disaster besides the Liverpool derbies when they were still under Rodgers.

Back when LVG was managing Barcelona he got rid of Giovani a great striker and said he will never win anything with him so he did with Rivaldo. Giovani ended up at a Greek club making the team UCL quality and scoring goals despite such harsh injuries. Di Maria seems to be a snake but the way he was beeing treated like a 2nd quality sub was what forced him to PSG.

In fewer words LVG is a stubborn old man that will not change or will not admit his mistakes. The 5-1 vs Spain is what gave him reputation that he is still top class but it was all a big lie after all. So simply either trust Mourinho to give success to United even for 1-2 years or find a manager like Klopp.

louis_van_gaal 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

Sorry guys but this whole nationalistic idea is Bullsh*t. LVG only bought two dutch players since he arrived and actually sold one of his favourites, Van Persie, because he saw that he had no future. So with all the tons of players that he signed, only two are dutch so I don't see your point.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@LVG

Playing Blind is a CB despite he is a natural CDM and throwing out latinos like Di Maria and Chicarito out is not proving what we are saying? He is just a stubborn old man.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Managers will always have more knowledge of their home nation and the country in which they managed their last club. I agree with louis on this one, the sale of Van Persie seems to doom this theory.

And @ashwin, no, shut up.

Read this:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-records-van-gaal-11332471

LVG has assembled the most expensive squad in premier league history, failed to qualify for the CL, our even get out of the CL group stage and then has the audacity to say that expectations are "too high." No, just no.

-Fewest win the PL era
-Fewest goals in the PL era
-Some of the ugliest soccer I've ever seen played

I know you don't think that last point is relevant. It is. How do you acquire a fanbase? How do you retain a fanbase? Making the game watchable is a start. I don't know if you've seen any of the True Geordie on Youtube, he's a Newcastle fan (obviously) and one of the concerns he raised over the playstyle and quality level of his squad is that it discourages new fans from supporting his club, and the attention of the youth in the city itself can easily be swayed by the amazing play of Liverpool/Arsenal/old United, etc. It's a legit concern. Manchester United has the biggest international fanbase in the world and attracts news fans to the sport (not unlike myself) because they were just so damn fun to watch. Even when we were losing, the games were entraining, amazing, and worth watching. I've had to miss United games this season due to work, and I never felt like I was missing anything, for the most because I actually wasn't (0-0 anyone?).

There are a million reasons LVG should go, from his mis-management of players, to his bs philosophy, and his role in the continued fall of the great club that is Manchester United. If you look at the stats of this season, Moyes did a better job. Considering this is the weakest the PL has been at the top of the table in forever, even a decent season would have won us the title. But no, it didn't. And somehow fans like you are ok with that. I don't get it.

LVG out. I don't even care who replaces him.

celsolewis 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 2 211

Mates..
What I fear about Jose Mourinho is that he has the problem of losing his dressing room overnight, (this is his only problem). The players runs out after 2 or 3 years.. I think he pressure them too much..
Mourinho, Ronald Koaman...,
Simeone(He said after the CL match: "People talk about my style of play but you have to find the style based with what you have... then he said: Not everyone has a FERRARI, sometime you must find out how to work in a FIAT".... So based on that, I think with better resources, he could put the team playing an atractive football.
I think he should be considered

• History

What I fear about Jose Mourinho is that he has the problem of losing his dressing room overnight, (that is his only problem). The players get exhausted after 2 or 3 years.. I think he pressure them too much..
Simeone(He said after the CL match: "People talk about my style of play but you have to find the style based with what you have... then he said: Not everyone has a FERRARI, sometime you must find out how to work in a FIAT".... So based on that, I think with better resources, he could put the team playing an atractive football.

Mates..
What I fear about Jose Mourinho is that he has the problem of losing his dressing room overnight, (that is his only problem). The players get exhausted after 2 or 3 years.. I think he pressure them too much..

Mates..
What I fear about Jose Mourinho is that he has the problem of losing his dressing room overnight, (this is his only problem). The players get exhausted after 2 or 3 years.. I think he pressure them too much..

ashwin1729 8 years ago

@Amer:
Have you watched Martial play? United probably overpaid by like 10 Mil, but he's worth the tag for the next 5-10 years for United. DiMaria and Martial are two different players. Martial will not be on the wing next year. He will be played as a forward.

And no. Rafael, wasn't sold to make room for Blind. Blind plays CB/LB. Rafael plays RB. Darmian was brought to replace Rafael. Get your facts straight. Making statements like this seriously leads to questions about credibility of your knowledge about United.

As for cleverly, how well is he doing for Everton? Schinederlin and Cleverly are two different palyers. You're comparing a CDM with CAM/RM. Compare Cleverly with Herrera. Now tell me if LVG made a bad call.

Every club makes mistakes. Remember when Real sold Sneijder and he won UCL next year with Inter? LVG did buy 3 dutch players into the the first team- Memphis, Blind, and Fosu. We needed someone else besides Shaw at LB. As a result of injuries, Blind ended up playing CB, and Jackson at LB. How was that a bad buy? Especially when Blind has put in solid performances, even at CB? Fosu has saved United a number of games.

As for DeGea, LVG already signed Sergio before DeGea was sold. So where did he want to bring in the dutch keeper?

Memphis was required as United needed a winger. Before this year, who would you have suggested to buy for a winger? None of the top wingers were available at least for reasonable prices. United took a risk on Depay, and you can't really consider him a flop till you see his performance next season.

All the dutch players that Real brought, who lacked quality? May be Huntelaar and van Der Vaart... Nistelrooy, Sneijder, and Robben were all elite players. Blame it on the lack of a defense and someone to partner Sneijder. Bottom line is most of your points about players are invalid. Your points about the coach, I can consider, but when you state these along with the statements about the players, they won't and do not lend credibility to your argument.

@ Sun: Dude, do you want to make it personal? If so, I can.

As for your points, yes, there is a concern that United may lose fan base and attractiveness for the youth. But consider this: Who would you rather have now? Someone who will stabilize the club and set it up for someone else to manage it for the next 15-20 years or someone who will come, win and leave after he gains a couple of trophies? Yes, the game style is bad. And yes, we're not making top 4 this season, and will miss out on UCL. Yes, he did assemble the most expensive team in EPL. What're you going to do when the squad quality is bad and everyone in the world knows that they can jack up the prices for United? Loss of Vidic, Ferdinand, and Evra has left a massive hole for any coach to fill. Moreover, our academy is not what it used to be. Can you guarantee that Hummels, and others would have prevented our losses from set pieces? In the Westham game, had we had Fellaini, we probably would have won. Bottom line is that everyone always focuses on the short term and the negatives of LVG's coaching, but no one realizes that he's doing something that is totally unselfish of him. He's setting up Giggs for success. All this team needs is a solid CB or an uninjured Jones (highly unlikely) and a winger. Lingard doesn't cut it for me. No one seems to understand that losing a legend like Fergie will make any team very very vulnerable. It's very high time now rather than later that United takes the right approach. Especially with the managers. We can not do a musical merry go round with them.So no, I'd rather have LVG see his tenure out, and add a lot more youth to this team, than hiring someone else for next year.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

So what is your solution then? Simply do nothing? You said we don't need signings, we don't need a new manager, but this is the worst United team by results in our lifetime. I was cool with LVG at the end of last season, because top 4 was the goal, and we were ready to take the next step forward. But we didn't. We took a massive step back. Why should we repeat what we did at the conclusion of last season, if it didn't work?

The other thing to consider here is that unlike, say, when Chelsea fired Mourinho, we aren't throwing away who we are, or who we want to be. Even if we retain Van Gaal, he's only going to stay for one more year. LVG was never a long-term solution, he was brought in to fix the problems in the short-term, while setting up a situation that a new long-term manager could then take over.

But he hasn't fixed the problems, he's made them worse.

So whose fault is it? What needs to change? Because you're saying, as far as I can tell, that nothing needs to change.

Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@ashwin1729 Yes there was a rumor of the Dutch keeper to be the #1 replacement since Romero was free I think? So depending on form and performances LVG would pick 1 of the 2.

LVG took United to Europa League when Fergie was at UCL his opponents when they had to play against UTD they had nightmares the day before the games. On the other hand LVG lost to a team younger than myself. I can understand having faith but LVG is poor with UTD.

I will give you an example if UTD was to face Olympiakos a piss poor Greek team compared to other UCL big names I guarantee you that he would get smashed at their home by 2 to 3 goals.

• History

@ashwin1729 Yes there was a rumor of the Dutch keeper to be the #1 replacement since Romero was free I think? So depending on form and performances LVG would pick 1 of the 2.

LVG took United to Europa League when Fergie was at UCL that when opponents had to play against UTD they had nightmares the day before the games. On the other hand LVG lost to a team younger than myself. I can understand having faith but LVG is poor with UTD.

ashwin1729 8 years ago

@Sun: My solution is be patient. Rome was not built over a day, but it sure did collapse in a few. This is what happened when Fergie retired. Moyes did not understand the depth of the job. LVG has fixed half the problem in that he brought in new blood into the team-whether it was due to injuries or personal choice. He has given Giggs at least 4 decent defenders in Smalling, Shaw, Blind, and Jackson. I'd say atleast two of them will be world class and others can be backups. I still maintain that the biggest blunder LVG made was selling Rafael. Darmian doesn't cut it as a starter in EPL. We need to find a RB, asap. And probably sign one more defender since Jones will never be fit. We need a winger as Lingard is not the long term solution. Besides that, this team does not need any other signings. Just give it time.

If you ask me who's fault it is, I'd say its a multitude of problems. Injuries? Manager? Players? Lack of chemistry? You can possibly say all of them but can not blame LVG alone. But my point is, we hired LVG to do a job. Let him get his time. It's not like one season is going to change anything for United NOW. As for comparing with Moyes' tenure, Moyes had no f-ing clue of what was going wrong except to put in 100 odd crosses in one game and expect a goal. I still think he doesn't fully trust the midfield to withstand the counters, and hence we play rigidly. And this was evident when Wolfsburg and PSV countered us in UCL.

@Jose: If DeGea were sold, having 2 GK's is not a bad option is it? That's not the point. I agree that we would lose to Olympiacos away in UCL. But Olympiacos is a very bad example as they have an excellent home record in UCL. Say Wolfsburg or PSV...like we lost this year. But the fact is that this is not Fergie's team. Does not even have the same players or even similar players. This is LVG's team, and despite all the injuries, LVG still managed to stay competitive in the big matches and got us to he FA cup final. This is one of the worst seasons because we have been accustomed to winning, but still better than Moyes'.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

This season, in terms of wins, points, goals, CL performance, everything basically has been worse than the Moyes season.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

People can hate on LVG all they want but the season with Moyes in charge was the worst United has had in decades..
Ferguson literally gave him a champion squad and he managed to leed them to 7th place. We used to lose to Liverpool 0-3 at home and all kinds of embarrassing results, and even if the game wasn't as boring as it is now it was way less effective.

A manager is what we need. LVG is not bad but it was just not what United needed. If we managed to end 5th with this guy in charge with a couple of new signings and a decent coach we could do miracles in a few seasons.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@ashwin I fully respect your opinion but get KO'd at group stage of UCL is one of the worse things that can happen to such a gigantic club like ManU. Also I would not trade De Gea even for 3 Courtois at this time, but I can understand why you say the rest it is nice watching a positive manu supporter nowadays. Have a nice day lad.

@ashwin: I do appreciate loyalty, but one should be loyal to the club. To the colors, and to what the club represents. Players, coaches, owners, even stadiums change. Not a clubs philosophy or its meaning to its fans or the counry as a whole. That is what one should be in love with as far as supporting and loyalty towards the club is concerned.

I’m not saying Martial is not a good player, what I’m saying that he’s not big team – first 11 player. He wouldn’t get into the first 11 at Barcelona, at Real Madrid, at Bayern Munich, and many other bigs. Isn’t that how big United is ‘supposed’ to be? Angel DiMaria on the other hand.. a different story. Of course they’re different kind of players, but no two players are alike. However, I did not compare the two individually. I compared Di Maria and Chicharito and Nani, to.. Martial and Depay.

Now, it is true that the two players United has probably have a higher ceiling of talent to Chicharito and Nani – they have not reached it yet. They are both hugely inconsistent and I would imagine both Nani and Chicharito would have done better this season overall if they were used as starters. Neither of those players have ever really been starters at United and have both produced some wonderful moments – just as the Dutch duo.

If they wanted to really nurture their talent and get the best of them two, they should’ve been made to fight for their spots and would’ve had a fight on their hands if Di Maria, Chicharito, and Nani were kept. They weren’t. Free reign for the Dutch players – regardless how they really turn out. Sure, they’ve both produced some great stuff this season but we’re talking about ‘consistency’ here, and neither one of them have it. Not even close. They’re not proven performers. Will they ever be? Hard to say. At one point people thought Balotelli would be, that Robinho would be, and etc.

I’m not sure why I said Blind, but I meant to say Darmian. Though he did probably play other positions as well.

Again, I will not compare this guy with that guy. Simply because I do not believe that to be a fair comparison. Each player brings different things to the team, different roles that the managers asks them to play. I am comparing the team before LVG, and the team with LVG. The quality of the team as a whole is more or less the same, even though millions and millions were spent.

And a majority of that money was spent on mostly unknown Dutch players. The only ones who benefitted from all this is PSV and Netherlands because their next generation is already well known due to LVG – which probably would not be the case if not for his decisions.

The fact is, there were better players that United could’ve spent the money on. There were more promising youngsters too, if youngster is what you want.

Too much have happened to support my argument to just completely dismiss it as you have done.. Unless of course, we are going with blind devotion and support without question.

If THAT is your brand of support and view of Manchester United – than we have absolutely nothing to talk about. There is nothing that I can say that will convince you to even consider what I said. It was already clear that the only thing you were interested from the start was to try fault in my argument in order to go after my ‘credibility’ because you did not ‘like’ what I said. It’s been a while since I’ve read a more transparent motive behind a post.

Now, IF.. you actually want to open your mind for a split second and view the entirety of what I said – as a big picture, and respond to that, be my guest. I cannot wait for your opinion but if you’re going to again go looking for little things in order to go after my credibility, then don’t even bother responding.
Going back to what I said in the beginning of the post however, I do think that one should only be blindly loyal to the philosophy of a club, its history, and what it stands for.

--/

What I really do not understand however is why, why would anyone want to discredit the argument I made?

Do I have anything to gain from making that argument? No. The thread asked for the opinion, and I posted mine. There is nothing that I can gain from this. I am a supporter of Real Madrid.

Things happened at United, in a certain pattern that would lead one to make such a conclusion - and I voiced it. Not 'liking' it does not mean it's not true.

I've seen the same happen with other coaches as well. For instance, needlessly spending money on Coentrao when Mourinho was the manager at Real Madrid. A lot of managers do it, but they all do it at a negligible level and also have a reasoning that doesn't stem purely from a Nationalistic sense.

LVG did it and is doing in such an obvious and alarming way that he has to be called up on it. For the good of United, anyway.

That's all.

• History

@ashwin: I do appreciate loyalty, but one should be loyal to the club. To the colors, and to what the club represents. Players, coaches, owners, even stadiums change. Not a clubs philosophy or its meaning to its fans or the counry as a whole. That is what one should be in love with as far as supporting and loyalty towards the club is concerned.

I’m not saying Martial is not a good player, what I’m saying that he’s not big team – first 11 player. He wouldn’t get into the first 11 at Barcelona, at Real Madrid, at Bayern Munich, and many other bigs. Isn’t that how big United is ‘supposed’ to be? Angel DiMaria on the other hand.. a different story. Of course they’re different kind of players, but no two players are alike. However, I did not compare the two individually. I compared Di Maria and Chicharito and Nani, to.. Martial and Depay.

Now, it is true that the two players United has probably have a higher ceiling of talent to Chicharito and Nani – they have not reached it yet. They are both hugely inconsistent and I would imagine both Nani and Chicharito would have done better this season overall if they were used as starters. Neither of those players have ever really been starters at United and have both produced some wonderful moments – just as the Dutch duo.

If they wanted to really nurture their talent and get the best of them two, they should’ve been made to fight for their spots and would’ve had a fight on their hands if Di Maria, Chicharito, and Nani were kept. They weren’t. Free reign for the Dutch players – regardless how they really turn out. Sure, they’ve both produced some great stuff this season but we’re talking about ‘consistency’ here, and neither one of them have it. Not even close. They’re not proven performers. Will they ever be? Hard to say. At one point people thought Balotelli would be, that Robinho would be, and etc.

I’m not sure why I said Blind, but I meant to say Darmian. Though he did probably play other positions as well.

Again, I will not compare this guy with that guy. Simply because I do not believe that to be a fair comparison. Each player brings different things to the team, different roles that the managers asks them to play. I am comparing the team before LVG, and the team with LVG. The quality of the team as a whole is more or less the same, even though millions and millions were spent.

And a majority of that money was spent on mostly unknown Dutch players. The only ones who benefitted from all this is PSV and Netherlands because their next generation is already well known due to LVG – which probably would not be the case if not for his decisions.

The fact is, there were better players that United could’ve spent the money on. There were more promising youngsters too, if youngster is what you want.

Too much have happened to support my argument to just completely dismiss it as you have done.. Unless of course, we are going with blind devotion and support without question.

If THAT is your brand of support and view of Manchester United – than we have absolutely nothing to talk about. There is nothing that I can say that will convince you to even consider what I said. It was already clear that the only thing you were interested from the start was to try fault in my argument in order to go after my ‘credibility’ because you did not ‘like’ what I said. It’s been a while since I’ve read a more transparent motive behind a post.

Now, IF.. you actually want to open your mind for a split second and view the entirety of what I said – as a big picture, and respond to that, be my guest. I cannot wait for your opinion but if you’re going to again go looking for little things in order to go after my credibility, then don’t even bother responding.
Going back to what I said in the beginning of the post however, I do think that one should only be blindly loyal to the philosophy of a club, its history, and what it stands for.

What I really do not understand however is why, why would anyone want to discredit the argument I made?

Do I have anything to gain from making that argument? No. The thread asked for the opinion, and I posted mine. There is nothing that I can gain from this. I am a supporter of Real Madrid.

Things happened at United, in a certain pattern that would lead one to make such a conclusion - and I voiced it. Not 'liking' it does not mean it's not true.

I've seen the same happen with other coaches as well. For instance, needlessly spending money on Coentrao when Mourinho was the manager. A lot of managers do it, but they all do it at a negligible level and also have a reasoning that doesn't stem purely from a Nationalistic sense.

LVG did it and is doing it in an alarming way that he has to be called up on it.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

After seeing today that De Gea might activate his 40 mil transfer clause in his contract to force a move, I find it hard to believe anyone would want to keep Van Gaal. Every world-class player we have basically wants to leave this idiot of a manager.

I'd guess I'm even ok with Mourinho now, after realizing how much easier it would be to sign players if he's in charge.