Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United Family.. What is going on with our club?? Let's talk, How we can rebuild the house.
celsolewis 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 2 211

I am very concerned about our team.. I think the main problem in this mess, start in the Managment section... Ed Woodward ruined the club in his 3 years of leadership. I would be in the stars if Woodward and LVG go...
What about the squad?. We must make a good cleanup... some players must go.. I bet on Carrick (thanks for his great job but we need fresh blood), Phil Jones (Once he was the young defender of year, but he is an injury prone, every year only plays 4 months), Bastian would be good if we was playing in CL because of his expirience, he must go.. Fellaini out, Lingard, others Rubbish and old Players out, new ones must come.

Lets rebuild our club, mates...
The problem is that with this crise the WORLD CLASS FOOTBALLERS WILL NOT COME Until we put our badge back to the highest level of european football

Until there we must have other good targets because the TOP-CLASS PLAYERS will not come (lets be realistic)
Bale, Pobga, Kroos, Lewandowski, and others I read everyday on newspapers will not come just for money.. they are already highly payed.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I am very concerned about our team.. I think the main problem in this mess, start in the Managment section... Ed Woodward ruined the club in his 3 years of leadership. I would be in the stars if Woodward and LVG go...
What about the squad?. We must make a good cleanup... some players must go.. I bet on Carrick (thanks for his great job but we need fresh blood), Phil Jones (Once he was the young defender of year, but he is an injury prone, every year only plays 4 months), Bastian would be good if we was playing in CL because of his expirience, he must go.. Fellaini out, Lingard, others Rubbish and old Players out, new ones must come.

Lets rebuild our club, mates...
The problem is that with this crise the WORLD CLASS FOOTBALLERS WILL NOT COME Until we put our badge back to the highest level of european football

Until there we must have other good targets because the TOP-CLASS PLAYERS will not come (lets be realistic)
Bale, Pobga, Kroos, Lewandowski, and others I read everyday on papers will not come just for money.. they are already highly payed.

Comments
Gennady 8 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Been supporting United since 1998.

This and previous was the worst seasons that I've ever seen them play. I've been saying since late October, early November that clueless LVG MUST GO!

Then I thought, "okay, maybe in January we'll buy few new names and get going from there" but that obviously didn't happen.

So yeah, new manager is a must and MANY new players must come in. Like you said, we should get rid of half of the squad, Phil Jones is good, when he's in form, he's a great defender. Carrick, Fellaini, Depay (cuz he obviously can't adopt to Premier League football) Young, Herrera, Januzaj, Rooney, and not sure why we bought Bastian, he's great, but come on, he's only good for 1-2 years tops. All these players MUST BE SOLD! We need fresh blood to play with Rashford and Martial, we need to go for fairly young players now.

Top transfer target is Griezmann for me, I just love him, for me, he's up there with Messi and Ronaldo, and if it wasn't for them, he would probably win the Ballon D'or this or next year. Fantastic player.

Others who we should target are Stones, Coleman, Lacazette (to be honest I don't understand why we paid £35mil++ for Martial, I would give the same amount or more for Lacazette) Brandt, who is a young, fantastic left midfielder from Leverkusen, also Laporte, Dybala, Mbemba, Gimenez, Ruben Neves, Tah and finally Yarmolenko from Dynamo Kyev, who is 190 cm with crazy movement, ball control and not a bad speed at all. I think these are all very realistic targets. Don't know why United are not considering any of them, except Griezmann (according to rumors)

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Tbh, I completely disagree with you Gennady. The problem the last few years has and always has been the manager/style of play. Look at Leicester, or the Fergie teams that won the BPL. They won it through great team chemistry, an effective manager, and a desire to win. We don't have any of those three aspects right now. We don't need (and I don't want) a Galatico side. I want us to retain most of our squad, but change absolutely everything else. Academy products are best, because they actually love the club.

Woodward has been inept. LVG has taken the desire out of the side and emphasized discipline over desire. For that alone, he has to go.

On the topic of transfer targets, if we're buying loads of players, we're doing something wrong. You want to buy a player like we did with Rio/Rooney/Vidic/Evra etc, who you spend on, and they are a part of your side for a decade. You don't need to spend tons of money if you're actually nailing your buys. Martial has been the only signing under LVG that seems like it will do that. Herrera/Memphis/Schneiderlin have been big fails in that department, and I'm still not sure why we signed Bastain or Valdes.

Our side, and quality of players is good enough. They're just not allowed to play the game. And that's the biggest problem for me.

Gennady 8 years ago

SunFlash [Manchester United, Canada]
Tbh, I completely disagree with you Gennady. The problem the last few years has and always has been the manager/style of play. Look at Leicester, or the Fergie teams that won the BPL. They won it through great team chemistry, an effective manager, and a desire to win. We don't have any of those three aspects right now. We don't need (and I don't want) a Galatico side. I want us to retain most of our squad, but change absolutely everything else. Academy products are best, because they actually love the club.
Woodward has been inept. LVG has taken the desire out of the side and emphasized discipline over desire. For that alone, he has to go.
On the topic of transfer targets, if we're buying loads of players, we're doing something wrong. You want to buy a player like we did with Rio/Rooney/Vidic/Evra etc, who you spend on, and they are a part of your side for a decade. You don't need to spend tons of money if you're actually nailing your buys. Martial has been the only signing under LVG that seems like it will do that. Herrera/Memphis/Schneiderlin have been big fails in that department, and I'm still not sure why we signed Bastain or Valdes.
Our side, and quality of players is good enough. They're just not allowed to play the game. And that's the biggest problem for me.

What exactly do you disagree with me on? Like I said, and you said, we need a different manager. I also said that players that we have now are bad, like you said Herrera Depay and Morgan are fails, add Rojo there as well. Obviously not the whole squad are bad, Martial, Jones, Smalling, Mata, Rashford, Valencia, I still like Lingard, Blind, Darmian is alright at times. Obviously I don't mean buy all players that I mentioned at once, but there were times when Fergie purchased 3-4 players in one transfer window and the players that I mentioned are youngsters. So I still don't understand what you disagreeing with me on here exactly? You disagree that we should get rid of players like Herrera, Depay, Morgan, Fellaini and replace them?

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

We don't need big-name huge money signings. What we need is a better manager, and a replacement for Ed Woodward. Seriously, Ed has consistently lost every major transfer deal he has set out to do.

LVG needs to go. Immediately. He can't get the best out of his players. Whether that is down to players playing in unfamiliar positions, boring style of play, discipline, or philosophy, I don't care. We need a manager who can create a team bond, who can make the players gel, and bring out the best in each and every man on the field. A manager who you would want to give your heart and soul for. Lvg doesn't even get up from his seat, for fuck's sake.

About buying players, I don't think we need many new players. Maybe a good CB and a decent winger, but not anything else. I may be in the minority here but I still believe the current squad of Man United players is good enough if we remain injury-free and they are allowed to play on their instincts.

All in all, a major revamp is needed, but not in the players on the field. I don't know exactly who deals with transfers aside from Woodward, but they need to be fired. How our scouting department failed to notice players like Mahrez, Payet and many others is beyond me. Failing to get the signature of Guardiola was another blooper. Renato Sanches and many more have flown right under our noses to rival clubs.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

So I still don't understand what you disagreeing with me on here exactly? You disagree that we should get rid of players like Herrera, Depay, Morgan, Fellaini and replace them?

. Like you said, we should get rid of half of the squad

Fellaini is a proven asset. Memphis has too much potential to throw away after one season stuck under LVG. Young has been fantastic when he has played.

Where I'm disagreeing with you is that I don't think we can evaluate players for the future based on their performance in LVG's system. Herrera was beyond terrible against West Ham, but he's also playing in a system that doesn't allow creativity. Same with Mata, Rooney, and Carrick. Rooney and Mata especially made names for themselves playing in a dynamic attack that allowed for positional freedom. At the height of his powers, Rooney basically played CM, CAM, CF, ST, and LW all in the same game. Now we're seeing him chained to a CM or ST position. Same gig with Mata. When we played him at CAM, he was awful, which is why he's been playing RM. But that shouldn't have been a surprise, because when he was super successful at Chelsea, he moved all over the field, and basically had the freedom to go wherever he pleased. At United, he has none of that.

Those are two specific examples, but it extends to the rest of the squad as well. I don't think we can crucify Memphis or Januzaj for that matter for their performances when they play in a system that forbids creativity.

Gennady 8 years ago

Memphis has too much potential to throw away after one season stuck under LVG.

Yet, Di Maria got thrown out after one season with LVG.

Rooney and Mata especially made names for themselves playing in a dynamic attack that allowed for positional freedom.

I think Rooney completely lost it as a player, I don't remember enjoying watching him play. As for Mata, I didn't say anything about him, I like him :)

I don't think we can crucify Memphis or Januzaj for that matter for their performances when they play in a system that forbids creativity.

Januzaj spend sometime in Dortmund, remember? He was complete crap in there as well...

Anyway

I think we can all agree on one thing here WE NEED A NEW MANAGER ASAP!

celsolewis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 2 211

saatvik10 [Manchester United, India]
We don't need big-name huge money signings. What we need is a better
manager, and a replacement for Ed Woodward. Seriously, Ed has
consistently lost every major transfer deal he has set out to do. LVG
needs to go. Immediately. He can't get the best out of his players.
Whether that is down to players playing in unfamiliar positions,
boring style of play, discipline, or philosophy, I don't care. We need
a manager who can create a team bond, who can make the players gel,
and bring out the best in each and every man on the field. A manager
who you would want to give your heart and soul for. Lvg doesn't even
get up from his seat, for ****'s sake. About buying players, I don't
think we need many new players. Maybe a good CB and a decent winger,
but not anything else. I may be in the minority here but I still
believe the current squad of Man United players is good enough if we
remain injury-free and they are allowed to play on their instincts.
All in all, a major revamp is needed, but not in the players on the
field. I don't know exactly who deals with transfers aside from
Woodward, but they need to be fired. How our scouting department
failed to notice players like Mahrez, Payet and many others is beyond
me. Failing to get the signature of Guardiola was another blooper.
Renato Sanches and many more have flown right under our noses to rival
clubs.

LVG OUT
I can agree with you in some points.
The management department is the main sector we should rebuild... as you said, ED Woodward and the others in responsibility of the purchases must be FIRED.

Even our scouting department has been very poor lately. Teams like West Ham, Leicester have better talents right under our noses. And I will not even touch the tottenham scouting department (they are doing great job, they have the youngest starting eleven in the League). Something must change in these departments. Mourinho wanted to contract the chief of scouting of the Atletico Madrid when He was at Chelsea. (Thats clear that he saw that these clubs are doing excellent job in these departments).

About the transfer market..
We only need a pure CB to pair with Smalling, a very creative winger, and a Killer Striker.. we can't rely on Rashford, he is only 18 and I think a can be good as our 2nd striker.
But all these new signings must be in a injury free players..
And I think that will not cost us a huge amount of money if we target them well.

The next way is sack some highly payed old players and the rubbish at the club.
As soon as the new coach come and get the most out of the players, the team will perform.
I belive in players like Memphis, Schneiderlin, Darmian, Luke Shaw.. The talent is there, they only need a better coaching.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Its simple, we will not become another Liverpool/Milan case. We have the players, we need a couple of reinforcements but nothing to fancy. Just remember the miracle Fergie managed to do with the players we had which where average-good. A change in mentality and manager would make it right.

For the record I dont blame players or chairman for what's happening. It is just something that happens to clubs every once in a while, no need to freak out. United got us used to winning and now it might feel weird but we'll get back on track soon.

louis_van_gaal 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

On the topic of a new manager, Isn't Simeone leaving Atletico at the end of the season? He could be a replacement.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I doubt Simeone is going anywhere, anytime soon.

Tuanis 8 years ago

nos that we are talking managers then I must state this:

in terms of what the club needs...

Good Managers:

• Pochetino
  • Blanc

Bad Managers:

• Mou
  • Neville/Giggs
  • Simeone

its sad that I cant even find any rumors that talk about anyone other than Mourinho...

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

The more I think of letting Warren Joyce take over, the more I like it.

louis_van_gaal 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

Everyone talks about how LVG wants discipline but then you see Lingard and half the team completely fooling around right before the match on the bus against West Ham. This may be completely irrelevant and no big deal but I thought I'd give it a shout.

I found this article about it: (Its by the metro so it could all be Bullshit)

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/11/do-lingards-bus-antics-prove-van-gaal-has-lost-control-at-manchester-united-5874451/

• History
iHEARTfootball 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

The problem right now is that we don't have the right players.

I don't think LVG should be the one to take full responsibility here. All a manager can do is tell players how he wants his football to be played (I don't think he wants us to play shit football), and it's the player's responsibilities to execute the play, but do we have the right players to do so? I don't think so.

I just want us to play good football, that's all I want, but we need to 'click' as a team, and LVG should be doing that, but the players themselves need to acknowledge that as well.

Ever since the departures of David Gill and Fergie, our whole club's morale has been upside down, and I'm sorry, but I don't see Wayne Rooney or Carrick being good enough leaders. We need someone to be shouting at the players in the dressing room during halftime, and we don't have it. Not even LVG can do it imo, but let's face it, if half of our squad can't even speak English, how the hell can we keep the synergy going? Martial is an exception, but I'm sorry, but a lot of players in our squad need to work on their individual morale first.

• History

The problem right now is that we don't have the right players.

I don't think LVG should be the one to take full responsibility here. All a manager can do is motivate the players outside of the pitch, and the real problem is who is leading the team INSIDE the pitch.

Ever since the departures of David Gill and Fergie, our whole club's morale has been upside down, and I'm sorry, but I don't see Wayne Rooney or Carrick being good enough leaders. We need someone to be shouting at the players in the dressing room during halftime, and we don't have it. Not even LVG can do it imo, but let's face it, if half of our squad can't even speak English, how the hell can we keep the synergy going? Martial is an exception, but I'm sorry, but a lot of players in our squad need to work on their individual morale first.

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Those who say that they are okay with bad results if United play in an entertaining manner are kidding themselves. Even if the players give their all and play exciting, attacking football, in the end all that matters is results, points and titles.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@saativik

Points are all that matter. But if we're going to do that, we do it like Manchester United, with attractive, attacking football that made us the most popular club in the world. It worked for us for so long, why would we abandon it? Clearly ugly possession styles are getting us nowhere.

One of the reasons I'm not keen on Mourinho as manager is that he tends to wind up his teams and turn his players into assholes, and even encourage brutish behaviour. I don't want to win the title if that's how we do it. That's not Manchester United. That's not why I support this club.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Tuanis

Simeone and Mourinho not what Manchester United needs :')? Sorry I respect opinions but this is just funny.

Ok Mourinho beeing disliked but Simeone and his recent success? Daaaamn Tuanis

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

How can someone encourage brutish behavior? And how do you even know that he encourages it? People somehow always find a way to hate my favorite manager.

Tuanis 8 years ago

Mourinho would only come to leave United as he did with Chelsea, breaking apart the team and leaving a mess after a couple of seasons. We need a manager that can be kept for longer. And as for Simeone I believe he is not a manager suitable for any club, I couldn't imagine him running a club like RM or Barcelona or United. I would also hate to see United play like Atletico Madrid tbh.. They might be in the UCL final but that is not a football style I like and I seriously doubt he can recreate that in any other big club.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I don't understand how Mourinho and Simeone aren't good options at the club right now. Sure, Simeone might need to learn English fluently first because he is a manager who excels through communication, but Mourinho too? Come on. Having Mourinho manage your club is a once in a lifetime opportunity.