Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Luke Shaw to Barcelona? Should he?
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Shaw is ready to leave Old Trafford after his clashes with Mourinho, and with just one year left on his deal after this season.

Barcelona is looking for another decent left-back, too. And the club seems to make the move.

I like Shaw, and I hate how Mou treats him at MU. The whole thing is ridiculous, and I think Shaw should definitely get out of there. I dont get why Mou doesn't give him a chance, a chance to recover and find himself again, a regain confident. But NO, Mou prefers a converted Young to play at left back... So, Barcelona would be a dream destination?

May be not, he might better be in a place where he can start regularly, I dont see this happens when Alba still there.

What do you think?

Comments
SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Barcelona does not sign players like Luke Shaw. You don't get to where they are by doing things like that.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

What SunFlash said

They already have Alba and Digne, no need for Shaw.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

not going to play ahead of Alba..

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@Sun: true, I thought that at first, but Digne is going to leave, he failed to impress unfortunately and very likely to find his place elsewhere. That leaves them only Alba

I couldn't believe it either until I search around, and it seems a thing.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-eyeing-shock-luke-shaw-12255637
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5548307/Barcelona-line-shock-Luke-Shaw.html
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5907947/luke-shaw-barcelona-man-utd-transfer-news/

It might not happen. But I must say, Shaw should leave for his own good :( looking at the current situation

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

I like digne though. And albas got years left still.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Tuan Not really suprised to hear Digne might be leaving, like Lio said, I like the kid, but he hasn't been good enough for the team and the fan sadly. :( I really think he should move to a lesser team and find success there, team like Watford, Burnley or even Arsenal could be great place for him.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Digne won't leave. He understands his current role and knows if he improved then he can earn a spot. Him and Cilissen are great suqad players that some top teams need because they are good enough to be a back up but also content with that role.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

no disrespect, but moving to lesser team to improve his fitness is more important than big club glory. swansea and palace look vacant.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

lol wut ? Seriously I’m against because few English players succeeded in Madrid/Barca. Reason why Perez decided not to bid for Harry Kane...
Plus his wages will probably be higher than his level and we don’t know if the Spanish play would suit him, I doubt it.

Lucas Digne is a rotation player but it’s hard to fill Alba’s role offensively and defensively, he is still young we may bébés harsh on him but he is not convincing right now, although he gives his all what I appreciate.

I think a youngster like Umtiti was not world class before signing, any player with the right athmosphere can higher his progression margin so Luke Shaw can eventually come and turn into a good signing despite not being a star player. But I doubt it.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@Emo & @Lio: sure, I just dont get why there is such a rumor that Barca is joining the leftback search... may be because of the club or Digne himself wants more playing time and wants to move?

@theball: I think so too. It's better for Shaw, but not that low.

His salary might be a problem yeah!!!

@tiki: I kinda disagree, I see Shaw has great potential, sure chaning to La Liga would need adaption, but with great players around him he should be fine. But yeah, the salary thing would make him wonder why move there and not certain of having a starting place.

All and all, if this doesn't happen I hope he and Mourinho works thing out

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Never said he was average, I’m just saying that getting him with his injury problems and wages is not a safe move. We were linked with Alaba I don’t know if this rumor is to be taken... didn’t read it in Catalan press.... reason of my surprise.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tuan_jinn Yeah, cause who said it never work out for English player when they move to Spain. :P But seriously, I doubt Shaw would work great at Barca, I don't feel like he got the right style.

@tiki Yep, its risky for Barca, especially since he still have to prove he can actually tap into his potential completely. There is also the risk he might end up an injury prone player because of his former injury. :(

SergioSR4 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 2 719

He should move to Barca because alba is on the decline and nearly 30. Sure is like 22 and will fit the bill

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

alba is on the decline

how, did you watch any Barcelona matches this season?

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Look at the club he supports, he doesn’t know even what he is saying.

SergioSR4 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 2 719

I didn't say he is playing poorly I just think he's not playing as good as like he did in 2015 etc. No need go get worked up

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

except he is having probably best season since Neymar departure, miles better than Marcelo or Alaba

tiki_taka 6 years ago

True that.

SergioSR4 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 2 719

Just because alba is having a better season than Marcelo and alaba doesn't mean he's better. That's like saying son is better than hazard because son is playing better this season. Doesn't make sense.