Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Loic Remy joins Chelsea FC
AlexBatak 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Loic Remy from Queens Park Rangers.

The France international striker has signed a four-year contract.

The 27-year-old played in the Premier League for Newcastle last season while on loan from QPR. He returned to Loftus Road in the summer.

On signing for the Blues, he said: 'I feel very happy and very proud. When I heard Chelsea wanted to sign me I said "let's go" straight away because they are one of the best clubs in the world. I remember the amazing atmosphere at Stamford Bridge when I played there for Marseille and I can't wait to play for the first time in front of my new fans.'

Remy, who is 6ft tall, is renowned for his pace, eye for goal and a versatility which has also allowed him to succeed in wide positions.

He is one of an illustrious list of players to have come through Lyon’s youth academy. He made his first-team debut for his home-town club in 2006 and played for them during two Ligue 1 title-winning seasons, as well as experiencing the Champions League.

However, it was at Nice, following a loan spell at Lens, where the young Remy truly began to build his reputation. The goals flowed fast, earning a move along the south coast to Marseille, signed by former Chelsea player and current France manager Didier Deschamps in August 2010.

He scored his first Champions League goals during his opening season for Marseille and played in two group games against Chelsea. He was their top league scorer with 15 goals in 2010/11 as well as finding the net for the first time for France that season, having made his international debut in June 2009.

With Remy having averaged almost a goal every two games during two and a half years at Marseille, the Premier League came calling in January 2013 and he scored on his QPR debut at West Ham.

Of his six goals in 14 games before the end of that campaign, it was a first-time smash from outside the area against Wigan that most caught the eye. However with Rangers relegated from the top flight, he was loaned for 2013/14 to Newcastle.

A goal against Chelsea at St James’ Park in November was one of 14 he scored in the Premier League last season, helping to earn a place in France’s squad for Brazil in the summer, where he made two substitute appearances.

He played in QPR’s first two league games this season but not in their Capital One Cup defeat by Burton Albion, so remains eligible to play for Chelsea in all competitions.

Source: Chelsea FC Official Website

Welcome to Stamford Bridge Remy! :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Loic Remy from Queens Park Rangers.

The 27-year-old played in the Premier League for Newcastle last season while on loan from QPR. He returned to Loftus Road in the summer.

On signing for the Blues, he said: 'I feel very happy and very proud. When I heard Chelsea wanted to sign me I said "let's go" straight away because they are one of the best clubs in the world. I remember the amazing atmosphere at Stamford Bridge when I played there for Marseille and I can't wait to play for the first time in front of my new fans.'

Remy, who is 6ft tall, is renowned for his pace, eye for goal and a versatility which has also allowed him to succeed in wide positions.

He is one of an illustrious list of players to have come through Lyon’s youth academy. He made his first-team debut for his home-town club in 2006 and played for them during two Ligue 1 title-winning seasons, as well as experiencing the Champions League.

However, it was at Nice, following a loan spell at Lens, where the young Remy truly began to build his reputation.

The goals flowed fast, earning a move along the south coast to Marseille, signed by former Chelsea player and current France manager Didier Deschamps in August 2010. He scored his first Champions League goals during his opening season for Marseille and played in two group games against Chelsea. He was their top league scorer with 15 goals in 2010/11 as well as finding the net for the first time for France that season, having made his international debut in June 2009.

With Remy having averaged almost a goal every two games during two and a half years at Marseille, the Premier League came calling in January 2013 and he scored on his QPR debut at West Ham. Of his six goals in 14 games before the end of that campaign, it was a first-time smash from outside the area against Wigan that most caught the eye. However with Rangers relegated from the top flight, he was loaned for 2013/14 to Newcastle.

A goal against Chelsea at St James’ Park in November was one of 14 he scored in the Premier League last season, helping to earn a place in France’s squad for Brazil in the summer, where he made two substitute appearances.

He played in QPR’s first two league games this season but not in their Capital One Cup defeat by Burton Albion, so remains eligible to play for Chelsea in all competitions.

However, it was at Nice, following a loan spell at Lens, where the young Remy truly began to build his reputation.
The goals flowed fast, earning a move along the south coast to Marseille, signed by former Chelsea player and current France manager Didier Deschamps in August 2010.

He scored his first Champions League goals during his opening season for Marseille and played in two group games against Chelsea. He was their top league scorer with 15 goals in 2010/11 as well as finding the net for the first time for France that season, having made his international debut in June 2009.

With Remy having averaged almost a goal every two games during two and a half years at Marseille, the Premier League came calling in January 2013 and he scored on his QPR debut at West Ham.

Of his six goals in 14 games before the end of that campaign, it was a first-time smash from outside the area against Wigan that most caught the eye. However with Rangers relegated from the top flight, he was loaned for 2013/14 to Newcastle.

The goals flowed fast, earning a move along the south coast to Marseille, signed by former Chelsea player and current France manager Didier Deschamps in August 2010.

Comments
ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Did Liverpool just make up the Remy thing to sign Balo? Because now he's at Chelsea, they could have made a huge mistake :)

chelsea8 10 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

he will do good at chelsea, i have a feeling he will surprise and score 20+ goals this season.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@ramaboy Not just Liverpool wanted him but also Arsenal wanted to sign him in the last minute. I'm glad he is a Chelsea player now :)

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I think he will play alongside Salah, Costa won't give him much time.

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Man we didn't sign him,I was hopping we could do it...

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Good cover. Costa, Remy, and the experienced Drogba make a solid trio of strikers. Can't say the same about us, we only have Benzema... :(

ArsenalGunners 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

welcome to the bench just like Moses,Ba,Luiz,Luis,Salah,Mikel,essien

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Last season we had Lord Torres, Eto'o & Ba while Manchester City had 4 decent strikers. This season we replaced them with King Drogba, Costa & Remy. Now that's a HUGE difference.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@ArsenalGunners Moses, Ba, Luiz & Essien are not at Chelsea..

Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@ArsenalGunners: Stop being such a whiner. Of course he's going to be on the bench. He's back up just like Mikel and Salah (I don't know why the f*ck you're even mentioning our ex players) and he knows it too. Every club has backup players. Deal with it.

Great backup for Costa and Drogba. I'm happy with this signing. :)

To think we managed to replace Eto'o Torres and Ba with Costa, Drogba and Remy. It's a great year to be a Blue!

• History

^Stop being such a whiner. Of course he's going to be on the bench. He's back up just like Mikel and Salah (I don't know why the f*ck you're even mentioning our ex players) and he knows it too. Deal with it.

To think we managed to replace Eto'o Torres and Ba with Costa, Drogba and Remy. It's a great year to be a Blue!

@ArsenalGunners: Stop being such a whiner. Of course he's going to be on the bench. He's back up just like Mikel and Salah (I don't know why the f*ck you're even mentioning our ex players) and he knows it too. Deal with it.

Vendetta 10 years ago

@chelsea8: Lol you're being a bit too optimistic there. He's a backup, not a starter.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

^And only for €10m That's a steal imo.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

chelsea8 10 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@vendetta haha I know it's just a feeling i have and i think mourinho will play with 2strikers against the weaker teams.

NovaRuk 10 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

^why the thumbnail said welcome to liverpool?

ArsenalGunners 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

Alex Yeah i'm stating previous chelsea benchee's because all them players destroyed their careers on the chelsea bench which Remy will follow in their footsteps.

netsten 10 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Yes, great signing !

Vendetta 10 years ago

@ArsenalGunners: Riiiiight, "destroyed their careers."

Essien's unfortunate knee injury didn't destroy his career, it must have been Chelsea. Of course it was, since you said so.

Mikel has over 200 caps for our club and has had nearly every trophy Chelsea can obtain. Not to mention he was a vital player in our 2009/10 EPL, 2012 CL and 2013 EL campaigns. But right, we definitely destroyed his career. Because you said so.

Luiz was horribly error prone, which Mourinho hates with a burning passion. Yet still he managed to have 34 appearances in his last season with us. Wait - I thought you said he was on the bench? The bench must have been on the field that time.

In Victor Moses' first season with us, he managed to make 43 appearances (the bench can kiss my as.s) and was also key to our EL campaign, and we were looking for a decent yet cheap right winger, and he fit the bill perfectly. What else were we supposed to do? Start Benayoun? After his season with us, he was replaced by a much better player: Willian. We needed a player like Willian to help us on our path to glory and Moses did not fit that criteria. But guess what, he is now starting for Stoke City - playing in the best league in the world - as he gets paid (the exact same amount we were paying him) to do what he loves to the most. You still think his career is destroyed?

Ba was a backup buy just like Remy. All clubs have backups. Deal with it. And you know what? Our backup still won the EL, got us the the semi-finals of the CL, and got paid to be our backup. Now he's already scored 3 goals for Besiktas while his Newcastle compatriot, Papiss Cisse (remember him), is having his career destroyed. Ba should have definitely stayed in Newcastle.

I'll admit Salah was a useless buy but seeing him score against Arsenal was so good. So good.

Let's see now... who else did you mention... Filipe Luis. Are you f*cking kidding me? We're 3 games into the league and you've already called him a bench player.

There you have it, the players that got their careers destroyed by big bad Chelsea. I feel so bad for seeing them sit on the bench like that.

netsten 10 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

ArsenalGunners 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, England 37 1662

Nice thumbing up your comment 5 times just to make others think you have football knowledge . Also dont give me excuses like " he played this much" because they made substitute appearances not full 90 min appearances. Mikel DID get destroyed it took him 5 or so years to score again for chelsea last season against Fulham . Ba was a bench player. He scored 2 goals on his debut in the fa cup vs Southampton yet floppes still got chosen ahead of him.

Not to mention paulo ferreira got destroyed too so did mata with mourinho won't be surprised if Oscar gets destroyed soon :/

• History

Nice thumbing up your comment 5 times just to make others think you have football knowledge . Also dont give me excuses like " he played this much" because they made substitute appearances not full 90 min appearances. Mikel DID get destroyed it took him 5 or so years to score again for chelsea last season against Fulham . Ba was a bench player. He scored 2 goals on his debut in the fa cup vs Southampton yet floppes still got chosen ahead of him.