Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Loic Remy joins Chelsea FC
AlexBatak 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Loic Remy from Queens Park Rangers.

The France international striker has signed a four-year contract.

The 27-year-old played in the Premier League for Newcastle last season while on loan from QPR. He returned to Loftus Road in the summer.

On signing for the Blues, he said: 'I feel very happy and very proud. When I heard Chelsea wanted to sign me I said "let's go" straight away because they are one of the best clubs in the world. I remember the amazing atmosphere at Stamford Bridge when I played there for Marseille and I can't wait to play for the first time in front of my new fans.'

Remy, who is 6ft tall, is renowned for his pace, eye for goal and a versatility which has also allowed him to succeed in wide positions.

He is one of an illustrious list of players to have come through Lyon’s youth academy. He made his first-team debut for his home-town club in 2006 and played for them during two Ligue 1 title-winning seasons, as well as experiencing the Champions League.

However, it was at Nice, following a loan spell at Lens, where the young Remy truly began to build his reputation. The goals flowed fast, earning a move along the south coast to Marseille, signed by former Chelsea player and current France manager Didier Deschamps in August 2010.

He scored his first Champions League goals during his opening season for Marseille and played in two group games against Chelsea. He was their top league scorer with 15 goals in 2010/11 as well as finding the net for the first time for France that season, having made his international debut in June 2009.

With Remy having averaged almost a goal every two games during two and a half years at Marseille, the Premier League came calling in January 2013 and he scored on his QPR debut at West Ham.

Of his six goals in 14 games before the end of that campaign, it was a first-time smash from outside the area against Wigan that most caught the eye. However with Rangers relegated from the top flight, he was loaned for 2013/14 to Newcastle.

A goal against Chelsea at St James’ Park in November was one of 14 he scored in the Premier League last season, helping to earn a place in France’s squad for Brazil in the summer, where he made two substitute appearances.

He played in QPR’s first two league games this season but not in their Capital One Cup defeat by Burton Albion, so remains eligible to play for Chelsea in all competitions.

Source: Chelsea FC Official Website

Welcome to Stamford Bridge Remy! :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Loic Remy from Queens Park Rangers.

The 27-year-old played in the Premier League for Newcastle last season while on loan from QPR. He returned to Loftus Road in the summer.

On signing for the Blues, he said: 'I feel very happy and very proud. When I heard Chelsea wanted to sign me I said "let's go" straight away because they are one of the best clubs in the world. I remember the amazing atmosphere at Stamford Bridge when I played there for Marseille and I can't wait to play for the first time in front of my new fans.'

Remy, who is 6ft tall, is renowned for his pace, eye for goal and a versatility which has also allowed him to succeed in wide positions.

He is one of an illustrious list of players to have come through Lyon’s youth academy. He made his first-team debut for his home-town club in 2006 and played for them during two Ligue 1 title-winning seasons, as well as experiencing the Champions League.

However, it was at Nice, following a loan spell at Lens, where the young Remy truly began to build his reputation.

The goals flowed fast, earning a move along the south coast to Marseille, signed by former Chelsea player and current France manager Didier Deschamps in August 2010. He scored his first Champions League goals during his opening season for Marseille and played in two group games against Chelsea. He was their top league scorer with 15 goals in 2010/11 as well as finding the net for the first time for France that season, having made his international debut in June 2009.

With Remy having averaged almost a goal every two games during two and a half years at Marseille, the Premier League came calling in January 2013 and he scored on his QPR debut at West Ham. Of his six goals in 14 games before the end of that campaign, it was a first-time smash from outside the area against Wigan that most caught the eye. However with Rangers relegated from the top flight, he was loaned for 2013/14 to Newcastle.

A goal against Chelsea at St James’ Park in November was one of 14 he scored in the Premier League last season, helping to earn a place in France’s squad for Brazil in the summer, where he made two substitute appearances.

He played in QPR’s first two league games this season but not in their Capital One Cup defeat by Burton Albion, so remains eligible to play for Chelsea in all competitions.

However, it was at Nice, following a loan spell at Lens, where the young Remy truly began to build his reputation.
The goals flowed fast, earning a move along the south coast to Marseille, signed by former Chelsea player and current France manager Didier Deschamps in August 2010.

He scored his first Champions League goals during his opening season for Marseille and played in two group games against Chelsea. He was their top league scorer with 15 goals in 2010/11 as well as finding the net for the first time for France that season, having made his international debut in June 2009.

With Remy having averaged almost a goal every two games during two and a half years at Marseille, the Premier League came calling in January 2013 and he scored on his QPR debut at West Ham.

Of his six goals in 14 games before the end of that campaign, it was a first-time smash from outside the area against Wigan that most caught the eye. However with Rangers relegated from the top flight, he was loaned for 2013/14 to Newcastle.

The goals flowed fast, earning a move along the south coast to Marseille, signed by former Chelsea player and current France manager Didier Deschamps in August 2010.

Comments
Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@ArsenalGunners

Mate, stop hating. Vendetta's argument was complete.

And don't even think about mentioning Mata. He was their best player for about 2 seasons, but Mourinho didn't prefer him, so sold him to United half-way into the season. I don't think Mou destroyed his career at all. Instead, he let him go to a capable rival (showing Mourinho's leniency with Mata's choice of club). If anything, Mourinho gave Mata an opportunity to continue where he left off with another great club in United.

• History

@ArsenalGunners

Mate, stop hating. Vendetta's argument was complete.

chelsea8 10 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@ arsenal gunners never go full retard :)

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Wonderful addition ! Exactly what we needed and now let transfer window close before Petr Cech changes his mind about staying .

Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@ArsenalGunners:

"Nice thumbing up your comment 5 times just to make others think you have football knowledge."

As if I'd do something so pathetic. There's no need to seem more knowledgeable, cuz you don't know jack sh*t about my club or it's players. Or what the meaning of a backup is.

"Also dont give me excuses like " he played this much" because they made substitute appearances not full 90 min appearances."

Again, proving you don't know jack sh*t about my club or it's players. Go educate yourself on our "bench players" See how many times they started in the past three season:

http://www.espnfc.com/player/98398/david-luiz?season=2013

http://www.espnfc.com/player/60503/john-obi-mikel

http://www.espnfc.com/player/112547/victor-moses?season=2012

"Mikel DID get destroyed it took him 5 or so years to score again for chelsea last season against Fulham."

Lol and Makelele only scored 2 goals for our club. Makelele's career must have been "destroyed" as well. Mate, do you even know what the definition of defensive midfielder is? I'll give you a hint: They're not strikers.

"Ba was a bench player."

No sh*t. We bought him to sit on the bench and be a backup. I even said so on my previous post. Don't tell me the obvious.

"He scored 2 goals on his debut in the fa cup vs Southampton yet floppes still got chosen ahead of him."

What's your point? A backup isn't supposed to start. Hint #2: Starters are the ones to start. I know. Shocking.

Seriously, what the hell are you trying to prove here? If you're going to argue, at least back yourself up with some evidence instead of talking out of your a*s.

• History

"Nice thumbing up your comment 5 times just to make others think you have football knowledge."

As if I'd do something so pathetic. There's no need to seem more knowledgeable, cuz you don't know jack sh*t about my club or it's players. Or what the meaning of a backup is.

"Also dont give me excuses like " he played this much" because they made substitute appearances not full 90 min appearances."

Again, proving you don't know jack sh*t about my club or it's players. Go educate yourself on our "bench players" See how many times they started in the past three season:

http://www.espnfc.com/player/98398/david-luiz?season=2013

http://www.espnfc.com/player/60503/john-obi-mikel

http://www.espnfc.com/player/112547/victor-moses?season=2012

"Mikel DID get destroyed it took him 5 or so years to score again for chelsea last season against Fulham."

Lol and Makelele only scored 2 goals for our club. Makelele's career must have been "destroyed" as well. Mate, do you even know what the definition of defensive midfielder is? I'll give you a hint: They're not strikers.

"Ba was a bench player."

No sh*t. We bought him to sit on the bench and be a backup. I even said so on my previous post. Don't tell me the obvious.

"He scored 2 goals on his debut in the fa cup vs Southampton yet floppes still got chosen ahead of him."

What's your point? A backup isn't supposed to start. Hint #2: Starters are the ones to start. I know. Shocking.

Seriously, what the hell are you trying to prove here? If you're going to argue, at least back yourself up with some evidence instead of talking out of your a*s.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@ArsenalGunner Vendetta was spot on at pretty much everything he said and he doesn't need to thumb up himself to show that he got a footballing knowledge. Your argument is very weak and I think you have no idea what you are talking about. You do know that those players you mentioned brought to the club as a rotation players and not as a starters? At least they do.

Vendetta 10 years ago

To think a person that follows La Liga more than the EPL would be more sensible than an Arsenal fan. Thank you, @Dynastian.

ArsenalGunners 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

Well mata wanted to die at chelsea but mourinho forced him to bench thats why he left

Arsenal, England 37 1662

chelsea8 you never go full retard

Arsenal, England 37 1662

@ alex nope they weren't rotation players i've barely seen ba Moses mata Mikel paulo ferreira etc being rotated and i know you'll obviously say my argument is weak as you're biased towards chelsea

chelsea8 10 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

you absolutely have no life that's why you are trying to troll or you are just being dumb.

Forced him to bench?

It's called having your preferred player, which Mata wasn't.

Remember Alex Song? Song wanted to stay at Arsenal. Why did Wenger sell him? Because he didn't see Song in his plans.

That's exactly what happened with Mourinho and Mata... and with every other club. If you're going to criticize clubs for forcing their players to bench (whatever that means), then make sure to include ManUtd (for Kagawa), Real Madrid (for Di Maria), Barcelona (for Fabregas), Arsenal (for Vermaelen) and every other top club.

"I've barely seen ba Moses mata Mikel paulo ferreira etc being rotated"

Maybe because you're not a Chelsea fan who watches us play every game like we do?

• History

Forced him to bench?

Remember Alex Song? Song wanted to stay at Arsenal. Why did Wenger sell him? Because he didn't seem Song in his plans.

That's exactly what happened with Mourinho and with every club. If you're going to criticize clubs for forcing their players to bench (whatever that means), then make sure to include ManUtd (for Kagawa), Real Madrid (for Di Maria), Barcelona (for Fabregas), Arsenal (for Vermaelen) and every other top club.

Forced him to bench?

Remember Alex Song? Song wanted to stay at Arsenal. Why did Wenger sell him? Because he didn't seem Song in his plans.

That's exactly what happened with Mourinho and with every club. If you're going to criticize clubs for forcing their players to bench (whatever that means), then make sure to include ManUtd (for Kagawa), Real Madrid (for Di Maria), Barcelona (for Fabregas), Arsenal (for Vermaelen) and every other top club.

Forced him to bench?

Maybe because you're not a Chelsea fan?

Forced him to bench?

Remember Alex Song? Song wanted to stay at Arsenal. Why did Wenger sell him? Because he didn't see Song in his plans.

Maybe because you're not a Chelsea fan who watches us play every game like we do?

Arsenal, England 37 1662

chelsea8 me trolling? Mate chelsea has the most trolls on this site aka silverlining , woolwich wanderers, you

Also vendetta song was part of our plans he simply left for money and titles just like cashley cole.

Jesus, do you even know anything about your own club and it's players/ex-players?

Alex Song: I wanted to stay at Arsenal for life. I was fobbed off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2193785/Alex-Song-I-wanted-stay-Arsenal-life.html

EDIT: And yeah, Cole left for the money. Probably the best decision he has ever made in his life.

• History
Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Yeah, I wasn't really worried about Arsenal's interest as I am pretty sure Remy has always preferred Chelsea in the PL. Good cover for Costa/Drogba and will surely score some goals this season.

Arsenal, England 37 1662

If he wanted game time why'd he join Barcelona where there are midfielders 100x better than him. Shows he cares for cash. Also cashley can enjoy being a loner at Roma where his team mates dont even take pictures with him LOL

Arsenal, England 37 1662

Jeez vendetta your argument skills are poor im off not wastting my time talking to nonsensical people.

NovaRuk 10 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

What happened to some users at FR? Why did they became so obnoxious?

bluezz 10 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

Arsenalgunners you are just mad we signed Remy lol.. Its pretty obvious
And vendetta you should talk with a bit more respect

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

8 million is a steal.

ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@Novaruk

Look at this post. There is only one person being a cock sucker here.