Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Liverpool sign Milner
quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

LFC are delighted to announce a deal has been agreed to sign Manchester City’s James Milner, subject to a medical. The Reds have agreed personal terms with the England international, who will join the club on a free transfer on July 1.
Thoughts?

Comments
liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

poor milner.

everyone who signs for liverpool flops. just look at lovren, lambert, lallana, balotelli, mignolet, borini.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Nope it's not LFC problem: lovren, lambert, lallana, balotelli, mignolet, borini those are flops by themselves. Only in EPL those player would be rated high.

As for Milner... and think it's a decent move for LFC, I just find it sad that such a giant club like Liverpool, now have to shelter for those "down-hill" players...

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

If he is a free tansfer then this could be their best signing. Milner is great and he does well in almost every area of the midfield.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

That means that Liverpool would be contenders next year.

Aiden_Finland 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

Milner is a great player but however Liverpool are weak

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Milner is a clever man.

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

^ his accuracy on crossing the ball is pretty d*mn good. the 1 thing i like about him. a very good crosser.

Alvin_sak 9 years ago
Manchester United, Cambodia 1 153

He is not a star player but it's a great signing since it's free.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@tiki contenders of being safe from relegation?
He's actually good, he's not a star player who can do everything alone but he's hard worker, he played in almost every position this year, and was pretty good even as a centre back, midfielder or winger. Just wonder where will Rodgers play him, maybe as a striker?

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Maybe at Gerard position, his slip vs Messi probably pushed Liverpool to bid for the player.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Hahaha, so it's all Messi fault he don't want to play in UCL anymore because of that :)

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Milner is being paid 150.000 Pounds-per-week........ only in EPL, LOL. That wage is more than double of Isco's wage. Let that sink in for a minute.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

It's not only in EPL, if you look at Odegaard salary. But it's silly from Liverpool to give him that much and wants to reduce Skrtel salary.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Quikzyyy

Odegaard is the exception rather than the rule. He is a promising talent who has the capability to become a star in the future, whereas Milner is an established professional who cannot possibly get better at football than at his current age of 29. It is sensible to pay a youngster more in order to encourage him to improve, but it is pointless to overpay a player in his prime to the point where he is being paid double of what other player better than him are being paid elsewhere.

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Milner is good. May not fill Stevie G's shoes...but he is very good as a CM. He will need a solid CDM..He is played out of position at City which is why people think he sucks...I'd say a good signing to replace Gerrard.

Heisinburg 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United 67 1516

Classic Liverpool; overpaying for declining players. But srsly tho, Milber is decent and can add some muscle to their squad. If anything, they need a clinical striker that could finish and out muscle defences, which I think Benteke is capable of doing. If BR signs him, then he would actually have made something positive for once ever since Suarez's exit

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Classic Liverpool; overpaying for declining players. But srsly tho, Milber is decent and can add some muscle to their squad. If anything, they need a powerful striker that could finish and out muscle defences, which I think Benteke is capable of doing.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Dynastian I agree, but don't you think it's too much money for a 16 y/o kid?

expertfootball11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I think he's kinda overrated.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Quikzyyy

Definitely. Odegaard earns more money than Carvajal, one of the best RB's in the world. I find that absolutely ridiculous, especially considering Carvajal is our own homegrown Spanish product. Odegaard shouldn't be paid more than 10,000.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Same issue with Hallilovic, but its the only way for a club to make the most wanted youth in the world play for the B-team, if he was signed from Liverpool he would be already playing in A-team...
Both are overpaid for sure, Milner on the other hand is comming for free, so his agent listned to all offers, speculation leads to that kind of wages, if Liverpool paid for him, his wages demands would be much lower...