Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Liverpool sign Milner
quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

LFC are delighted to announce a deal has been agreed to sign Manchester City’s James Milner, subject to a medical. The Reds have agreed personal terms with the England international, who will join the club on a free transfer on July 1.
Thoughts?

Comments
Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tiki

That's true, but it's wages like Milner's which probably convince English players like Sterling that they deserve twice as much as they currently receive. I don't know what's going on through Sterling's head, but he's not worth anything above 80k per week, but he believes that he is worth 150k. And Liverpool are actually considering that offer. Quite ridiculous.

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

You guys do realize that Liverpool got him without having to pay a fee? That's why Milner is in the position to demand these wages. If they had to pay - let's say - 10 million for him, his wages would be considerably lower.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

UPDATE: #LFC are delighted to announce that they have agreed personal terms with Danny Ings and, subject to a medical, the striker will join the club on July 1 after his contract with Burnley has expired.

So, what's the Liverpool objective next season? Stay in EPL?

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I dont know why people complain so much about EPL wages. Millner's wage is quite high considering he isnt that good anymore but he is consistent and came on a free transfer which always raises the wage of a player. Sterling could easily be earning 80k after he gets signed by another club or after he sings a contract extension.

bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

^ i don't know man i don't even care about league's comparisons but people on this site really can't live without it lol this was a thread about milner but eventually it got to "epl pay ridiculous amounts to players"

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Emerecan: lollllllz... good one

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Emerecan: lollllllz

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuanis

Because Milner's wages are ridiculous when compared to other players that play in a similar position and play twice as good as him (e.g. Isco). Milner is receiving pretty damn close to what Iniesta receives at Barcelona. You tell me who deserves a considerably higher pay. The Spaniard who was one of the best players in the world when he signed his contract, or an average English midfielder who came on a free transfer?

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

But who said wages were equivalent to talent? He is earning that much because he is a decent player playing for a club who got him for free and has the financial capability of paying him that much. Supply and demand, he was wanted by several clubs who could pay him around 100k so Liverpool had to step up to get him. That may seem nonsense but it is EPL, when compared to La Liga it is ridiculous but compared inside EPL it is not that of a big deal..

expertfootball11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Probably will finish on the bench and leave next season... Who is willing to join Liverpool giving its current bad form ?

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Really? He demands 100k from clubs, so Liverpool come in and pay 160k? Almost doubling the wage? Ridiculous. This is why Liverpool is so poor despite spending so much money.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Great squad player & great signing for free. Sorry for being mainstream but he can't be having the same wages that Alexis & Özil do have, that's pretty ridiculous ;--d