Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers
Wolfie 9 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Liverpool have sacked manager Brendan Rodgers with immediate effect.

The Reds drew with Everton on Sunday to leave them 10th in the Premier League and six points off the top spot.

"Although this has been a difficult decision, we believe it provides us with the best opportunity for success on the pitch," said a club statement.

"The search for a new manager is underway and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely manner."

Comments
Mohd_2012 9 years ago
Manchester United 2 52

Bad news to EPL fans; Good news to Liverpool fans !

Wolfie 9 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

They would only do this if they had a replacement ready.. Klopp??

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Liverpool fans be like

Gennady 9 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

I like Klopp but will hate it if he joins Liverpool ...

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

Wow.. @liverpollfcangryfan.. your wish just came true my friend.. the question is.. who will replace him?

ramaboy10 9 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I heard Ancelotti will manage Liverpool

Chanakya999 9 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

New rumors have escalated around the Interent that Jurgen Klopp will replace Rodgers as manager for Liverpool. The rumors also say that he will sign a 3 year deal.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Bring Moyes back to the EPL! O:)

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Jurgen Klopp has signed a three-year contract to succeed Brendan Rodgers as Liverpool manager, according to reports...

@Wolfie I edited your comment with the tweet. :)

liverpollfcangryfan 9 years ago
Liverpool 41 419

yewyhsdjgsdjfjdsfjsdtesysyysysy yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

liverpollfcangryfan 9 years ago
Liverpool 41 419

i cant express my joy Thank you Brendan for trying good luck and we wish you the best

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Its kind of sad for Rogers. True that hes had time, but the fact is the board mostly pushed players on to him and he could only sing very few players he truly wanted in his team. He changed the style of play and when they had Sturridge Suarez Sterling they were almost unstopabble. I think he needed a bit more time to find the right attacking formula with the influx of players.

Which ever manager takes over (looks like Klopp is most likely) has a hell of a job ahead of him and he better know he wont have full control of the team like most teams have. But the future looks birghter with either Klopp or Carlo.

Maybe Rogers will take over at Sunderland since their manager quit recently.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Klopp is a better manager no doubt, but it's really sad seeing Brendan Rodgers leave.

Advocaat has resigned and I think McClaren could follow soon.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Klopp is a better manager no doubt, but it's really sad seeing Brendan Rodgers leave.

Wolfie 9 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844

If Rogers won that PL title he would have gotten at least 5 more years of mess up time. With all the money he spent on players with Suarez money and nothing to show for it he was lucky he got as much time as he did. But I must say that 12/13 season was some of the best attacking football seen in the PL. It's a shame they didn't hold there nerve.
Rogers is still a good manager but I can't see a big club signing him up.
@Alex- Cool man.

• History

If Rogers won that PL title he would have gotten at least 5 more years of mess up time. With all the money he spent on players with Suarez money and nothing to show for it he was lucky he got as much time as he did. But I must say that 12/13 season was some of the best attacking football seen in the PL. It's a shame they didn't hold there nerve.
Rogers is still a good manager but I can't see a big club signing him up.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Wolfie

That famous season was mostly due to Suarez, not Rogers' tactics. He should've won the PL title 100% if he was a decent manager.

JozeMourinho 9 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Dynastian98

Eeeeh no. 1 player doesnt win BPL.

Wolfie 9 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844

@Dyna - Sturridge, Sterling, Suarez. Just too good. I agree, after the City game they thought they had already won it. I know people though Suarez was a d*ck but after that Palace game you really couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy. He gave it all. It was truly gut wrenching to see a teams dreams crushed like that. Ah, he's made up for it at Barca..
Wenger thinks he's a quality manager..

• History

@Dyna - Sturridge, Sterling, Suarez. Just too good. I agree, after the City game they thought they had already won it. I know people though Suarez was a d*ck but after that Palace game you really couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy. He gave it all. It was truly gut wrenching to see a teams dreams crushed like that. Ah, he's made up for it at Barca..