Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Liverpool 2019 UCL Champions! [Post-Game Discussion]
Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Sixth EC title for Liverpool in their history, overtaking Bayern and Barcelona!

What did you guys think of the game? I think that Spurs were not ready for a game of this calibre. And although I find the penalty lucky, I think Liverpool were more impressive throughout the whole 90.

Comments
Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Where to start No team deserved to lose. Also, i don't think Kane should have started but credit to Liverpool when Spurs came for them in the last 10 minutes, Liverpool and especially Allison shut down any thought of a comeback.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

i think the pause after last EPL round caused both EL & UCL finals to be in such a boring tempo, whole season was amazing but the final was just boring, congrats Liverpool for deserved win.

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

For me it was like Spurs forgot they were in the CL final untill about the 70th minute. First half was extremely forgettable.
Liverpool was sloppy too but in the end they were just better. Lucky pen at the start kinda thought the game into a different tempo.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Liverpool deserved in my opinion.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

I just don't understand why Lucas Moura never started. If you have players in form, you use them no matter what. Starting Kane and Alli over him was a criminal move on Pochettino's side. I'll bet you that without him, they would have never got to the final, not Kane. They shot themselves on the foot, the moment Moura went missing.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I just don't understand why Lucas Moura never started. If you have players in form, you use them no matter what. Starting Kane and Alli over him was a criminal move on Pochettino. They never had a chance.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

If you were Arsenal can EL final was boring. As neutral fan CL final was boring I can agree but it was way too tactical especially from Liverpool. I say momentum was with penalty and Alison did amazing job. Funny, contrast last year their goalie screwed them and this year Liverpool’s goalie made huge difference.

Also, I agree with Moura not starting was stupid. Spurs played better when he came on and Harry Kane was completely useless. Son should have been main striker. Anyways congrats to Liverpool. They played safe and won!

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'm sorry but that girl in a swimsuit did more on the pitch than Harry Kane

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Mediocre game in term of quality, I was completely neutral so I almost felt asleep. The new pk rule is a joke, Mane targeted Sissokos hand, touched his chest first that was completely unintentional.
We knew the winner after Semi finals, the result was logical and expected.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

Well, there is a lots to say about that game, here are some:

The pitch invader is thought to be Kinsey Wolanski, the girlfriend of a guy who set up Vitaly Uncensored, an X-rated website. She did it propably for the sake of publicity.

I had something this week-end and could only watch the last 45 minute. Even though Tottenham were trying to come back in the second half, it still felt like a boring game.

The penality for me was harsh and the ref could have gave one against Matip toward the end I think.

Divock Origi went from being a player who barely could start a game at Liverpool to a Red legend in 2 freaking CL game. His goal was also propably one of the thing which made Liverpool victory feel a bit more deserved.

Alisson and Van Djik were very solid despite the stake and were propably a major part in this Liverpool victory.

Despite not being the most exciting final in CL history, it felt fitting that Liverpool won through defending considering their change of style since Alisson and Van Djik joined.

I also agree with the rest of you guys about Moura, should have started.

SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

We knew the winner after Semi finals, the result was logical and expected.

Yep.

I didn't watch the game, couldn't watch Liverpool win and I knew it was coming.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Ofcourse, the result was logical and expected but I was also hoping for a bit of drama. As soon as Lucas Moura came in, things shifted to next gear. That is why he cried the most because he cared the most and gave the most for this game. Well, to be fair Son also cared just as much though!

Two players who stood out for me in Tottenham. Ofcourse football is a team sport but these two players made that extra mile to put Spurs into final and they were let down by Pochetinho loyalty to recovering player and overcautious approach.

@emo

Good points! Especially about Vitaly girl pitch invader - excellent analysis and i wish you would share supporting links, so we can further investigate.

The penality for me was harsh and the ref could have gave one against Matip toward the end I think.

Didn't see the moment with Matip. Do you have a link?

I don't about penalty. Both sides have good arguments, usually referees don't give such penalties in the very beginning of the match in the final especially. It spoiled the match because Liverpool went into defensive expecting reaction from Spurs. And Spurs were trying to make a break by counter attack through Son and Kane.. later was completely useless.. he was feeling guilty for his performance and rightly so!

His goal was also propably one of the thing which made Liverpool victory feel a bit more deserved.

Exactly, what I thought. Otherwise, debate would have been heated now about penalty call. But then we can't dismiss Alisson who made sure Liverpool deserved it too. It is a funny thing, fans will appreciate team if the out field players played very well and star player pulled incredible performance but if goalkeeper was pulling incredible saves ( just like Against Barcelona) then it is considered a bit of a lucky and undeserved. I think not, because he is their star player and he did his job well by standing tall among others. Goalkeepers need more respect and when teams win because goalkeepers it shouldn't be dismissed as lucky because otherwise lets dismiss wins when Messi or Ronaldo or Hazard or Salah pulls incredible performance to win the game on their own.

@sunflash

I also used to hate watching rivals games but then I grew up. Not trying to disrespect you at all but this fans mentality to hate on everything and anything rival does is childish. For example, I don't hate on Barcelona as much as I used and i can appreciate their beautiful football. Their 2015 CL campaign was a very good one in my opinion without controversies and very well deserved.

Spurs reaching final of CL, made me genuinely respect them for their philosophy and their preparation for the season which was short yet they played their hearts out this season. I can throw banter here and there and maybe say mean things at times, but i will never not watch the match of this magnitude like Champions League.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Look at this. I can admit Liverpool has the best fan atmosphere in EPL.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Just a thought... How much of an impact do you think selling Coutinho has had on Liverpool winning the UCL?

I mean it helped financing Van Dijk and Alisson, and hence fixing their defensive problems. But would it be far fetched to say that selling Coutinho had a big impact...

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Coutinho was their go to player. Allowed them to become unpredictable and not worry how to play him. - Klopp. 👍👍

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago

Seeing them win the title would surely justify their reasons for losing Coutinho.

Honestly, if Countinho had stayed, I wouldn't be so sure whether Liverpool would've progress as a club. Everyone there looks to have the right mentality now, evidently seeing how they play with so much more fluidity and synergy without Countinho, and even Suarez.

nandaYNWA 5 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

drank all morning at a pub showing the match (game started at 5am and finished at 7am), rocked up to work slightly drunk, got sent home with a "warning." totally worth it.

Pupper 5 years ago
Juventus 0 214

evidently seeing how they play with so much more fluidity and synergy without Countinho, and even Suarez.

I'm not sure why you add Suarez into this. He literally carried Liverpool by himself in his last season.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago Edited

I'm not sure why you add Suarez into this. He literally carried Liverpool by himself in his last season.

That's exactly my point. He looked to have carried the team hard during that period, but this time, the weight looks to be equally distributed amongst all the players in the pitch, hence why I said there looks to be more fluidity in their play style.

EDIT: Not stating Liverpool would be worse without him, but this team right would beat the Liverpool team he was in, any day.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

That's exactly my point. He looked to have carried the team hard during that period, but this time, the weight looks to be equally distributed amongst all the players in the pitch, hence why I said there looks to be more fluidity in their play style.

EDIT: Not stating Liverpool would be worse without him, but this team right would would beat the Liverpool team he was in, any day.

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Not stating Liverpool would be worse without him, but this team right would beat the Liverpool team he was in, any day.

The 13/14 Liverpool team and the current one are miles apart. And Suarez is one of the least selfish players strikers I have seen. A prime Suarez instead of Firmino would make this squad infinitely more dangerous.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

If Suarez played instead of Firmino, I agree that they would be deadly.

Fermino played just as bad as Kane in the final. Both managers made bets on their recovering strikers who let them down.