Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Let's talk about referees
quikzyyy 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Anyone else feeling like the mistakes by the referees are getting out of control? They are worse and worse every year, the decisions they make are often terrible and yet there's no action against them. Let's just remind last of them:

Feghouli red card (rescinded by the Football Association, just 3 hours ago)

enter image description here

Ibrahimovic offside goal
Francis red card
I can post this probably all day, Ibrahimovic denied goal, Mkhitaryan offside goal, tens of denied penalties for Chelsea, United, Sunderland or anyone else.

Okay mistakes happen, people are human not robots right?

Portugal league cup

1. match: Porto against Belenenses, odds 1.22 for Porto, last 2 matches at home in league Porto 4:0, 3:0, should be easy right? 0:0 final score 6.50 winning odds
  2. match: Porto against Feirense, odds 1.13 for Porto, last match in league Porto beat them 4:0 away, should be easy right? 1:1 final score, 8.50 winning odds
  3. match Moreirense against Porto, odds 1.40 for Porto, last match they beat them 3:2 away, then ref just give red card because, I don't even know.

final score Moreirense 1:0, winning odds 7.50.

Do you believe these are just human mistakes or it's a clear sign of match fixing ?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Anyone else feeling like the mistakes by the referees are getting out of control? They are worse and worse every year, the decisions they make are often terrible and yet there's no action against them. Let's just remind last of them:

Feghouli red card (rescinded by the Football Association, just 3 hours ago)

Ibrahimovic offside goal
Francis red card
I can post this probably all day, Ibrahimovic denied goal, Mkhitaryan offside goal, tens of denied penalties for Chelsea, United, Sunderland or anyone else.

Okay mistakes happen, people are human not robots right?

Portugal league cup

1. match: Porto against Belenenses, odds 1.22 for Porto, last 2 matches at home in league Porto 4:0, 3:0, should be easy right? 0:0 final score 6.50 winning odds
  2. match: Porto against Feirense, odds 1.13 for Porto, last match in league Porto beat them 4:0 away, should be easy right? 1:1 final score, 8.50 winning odds
  3. match Moreirense against Porto, odds 1.40 for Porto, last match they beat them 3:2 away, then ref just give red card because, I don't even know.

final score Moreirense 1:0, winning odds 7.50.

Do you believe these are just human mistakes or it's a clear sign of match fixing ?

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

http://footyroom.com/forum/discussions/referee-video-review-in-football-81091

silently champions

Offside decisions are always a bit ugh, and imo nothing but video replay can fix that. It's just too many variables to fixate on at one time. As for the red cards and called/not called pens, that's more of a problem. Video replay is an obvious answer, and aside from getting a whole new set of refs, I'm not certain that there is another one.

SoccerBoss 7 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Trust me, being a La Liga football watcher, this doesn't come across as such a big surprise, but nevertheless, I think that once in a while there are refs wich make extremely stupid decisions, and I think that some of these referees should be investigated.

On the other side, I agree with @SunFlash on the offside issue. There are always cases where extremely close goals are scored and then butthurt fans come to the comment section and cry waterfalls about the "Unfairness" that occured. We are all people, and goals in which a player is offsides by a couple of inches and the ref doesn't catch it should really be disregarded because the naked human eye definitely cannot catch that.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Drain the Swamp, in with video refereeing

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Some of them appear to be just natural human errors, and some appear to be clear match fixing. I don't know how many of you actually bother to watch a game between two low-end clubs in La Liga or EPL or whichever league you watch, but you'll notice that they often don't have these 'poor calls'. I don't know whether this is due to less pressure on the referee or a clear sign of match-fixing, but it has happened in the games that I have watched.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 Ha lad, you never fail to put a smile on my face. But seriously, it is a bit worrying to see how some referee react in the middle of some game. When a referee celebrate with one of the team on the field, you know he can't be completely neutral. XD

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

... red card technical review is a must. The others I dont know, part of them game

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@tuan_jinn Red card, penality and offside to a certain extend should be reviewed in my opinion.

srk_rox 7 years ago Edited
Liverpool 5 542

The story basically goes like this..

from a series of bad decisions, the team would have lost. Then the rival fans would make their way in to have a go at us..
To rub salt in the wounds, the rival fans will say like " don't make any excuses.. Your team's performance was sh:t in the second half. So they deserve to lose.."
I mean come on.. Football is a game where you win through goals not by performance.. There are umpteen matches in history of football where the underperforming team wins..
Some of the bad refereeing in recent times are Sevilla vs Liverpool (UEL finals), almost all the big matches this and previous matchday..
I support video referral.
Just like cricket, both the teams can challenge a maximum of two unsuccessful reviews for a whole match. I don't want referees to use it at their own will.. That looks like abusing the modern technologies.. And the referees won't make good runs..
Feel free to agree or disagree with the opinion. Thanks

• History

We would have lost the game from a series of bad decisions..
To rub salt in the wounds, the rival fans will say like " don't make any excuses.. Your team's performance was sh:t in the second half. So they deserve to lose.."
I mean come on.. Football is a game where you win through goals not by performance.. There are umpteen matches in history of football where the underperforming team wins..
Some of the bad refereeing in recent times are Sevilla vs Liverpool (UEL finals), almost all the big matches this and previous matchday..
I support video referral.
Just like cricket, both the teams can challenge a maximum of two unsuccessful reviews for a whole match. I don't want referees to use it at their own will.. That looks like abusing the modern technologies.. And the referees won't make good runs..
Feel free to agree or disagree with the opinion. Thanks

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I completely agree with the limitation of using technical review, 2 times per game for each type of decision, team must decide when to use it, not ref.

Still have the "controversy" part of the game, but massively reduce the likelihood of some decisions ruin the entire game

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

When you see Dean celebrating with Spurs, giving them penalties they are not, giving opponents red cards they are not.. How he is never punished for this? Players get punishment, managers get punishment, club get punishment, referees? Never.

srk_rox 7 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

Just read Wikipedia.. Referees are assessed of their performance on a scale of 1-10 by both the teams and some neutral guyz. Based on which promotion or demotion of levels take place. Mike Dean should have been demoted to level 8 after performing like that since time immemorial.. I wonder what FA is doing..

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Did any of you guys know the other meaning of FA? ;) If you know it, you'll understand why bad referee never have any problem.

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it already but 5 of Dean's 6 last red cards have been overturned. That's one of the most absurd stats ever. In no other profession would he get away with it.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@decentk That make it even worse. :(

srk_rox 7 years ago Edited
Liverpool 5 542

We win.. We win..
FA has heeded to our pleas.. Mike Dean has been demoted to championship..
Tottenham and Man utd fans must be kicking their legs after hearing the news..

Jokes apart. I feel this should have happened much before. But the damage already has been done.
5 red cards revoked.? Seriously. What a wanker this guy is..

• History

We win.. We win..
FA has heeded to our pleas.. Mike Dean has been demoted to championship..
Tottenham and Man utd fans must be kicking their legs after hearing the news..

Jokes apart. I feel this should have happened much before. But the damage already has been done.
9 red cards revoked.? Seriously. What a wanker this guy is..

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Is it confirmed that he has been demoted? He was already refereeing one match in Championship in October so that doesn't mean he has been demoted despite I would love to see that.

srk_rox 7 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

@quikzyyy Oh God.. Then is this one of those goal.com's usual click baits. I had a hectic day. And shared it without reading the full story.
So is that more like a break from one PL matchday? A joy short lived. Already got used to his wanking. Still more to come i think

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

We will see, let's hope it's more than one match :)