Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Let's talk about referees
quikzyyy 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Anyone else feeling like the mistakes by the referees are getting out of control? They are worse and worse every year, the decisions they make are often terrible and yet there's no action against them. Let's just remind last of them:

Feghouli red card (rescinded by the Football Association, just 3 hours ago)

enter image description here

Ibrahimovic offside goal
Francis red card
I can post this probably all day, Ibrahimovic denied goal, Mkhitaryan offside goal, tens of denied penalties for Chelsea, United, Sunderland or anyone else.

Okay mistakes happen, people are human not robots right?

Portugal league cup

1. match: Porto against Belenenses, odds 1.22 for Porto, last 2 matches at home in league Porto 4:0, 3:0, should be easy right? 0:0 final score 6.50 winning odds
  2. match: Porto against Feirense, odds 1.13 for Porto, last match in league Porto beat them 4:0 away, should be easy right? 1:1 final score, 8.50 winning odds
  3. match Moreirense against Porto, odds 1.40 for Porto, last match they beat them 3:2 away, then ref just give red card because, I don't even know.

final score Moreirense 1:0, winning odds 7.50.

Do you believe these are just human mistakes or it's a clear sign of match fixing ?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Anyone else feeling like the mistakes by the referees are getting out of control? They are worse and worse every year, the decisions they make are often terrible and yet there's no action against them. Let's just remind last of them:

Feghouli red card (rescinded by the Football Association, just 3 hours ago)

Ibrahimovic offside goal
Francis red card
I can post this probably all day, Ibrahimovic denied goal, Mkhitaryan offside goal, tens of denied penalties for Chelsea, United, Sunderland or anyone else.

Okay mistakes happen, people are human not robots right?

Portugal league cup

1. match: Porto against Belenenses, odds 1.22 for Porto, last 2 matches at home in league Porto 4:0, 3:0, should be easy right? 0:0 final score 6.50 winning odds
  2. match: Porto against Feirense, odds 1.13 for Porto, last match in league Porto beat them 4:0 away, should be easy right? 1:1 final score, 8.50 winning odds
  3. match Moreirense against Porto, odds 1.40 for Porto, last match they beat them 3:2 away, then ref just give red card because, I don't even know.

final score Moreirense 1:0, winning odds 7.50.

Do you believe these are just human mistakes or it's a clear sign of match fixing ?

Comments
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Referees are having their worst times in history I think. I don't care about the human factor in football. Just bring the video review system.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

"Human error"

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I will never feel sorry for Barca after that 2009 semi, but yeah, they got screwed there.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

It's not that we feel sorry, but what is happening, the referee decisions are getting out of the hand.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@quikzyyy When you see stuff like, how can you still defend referee and say video replay would take to much time and kill the rythm of the game. I kind of think its worth the sacrifice when you see stuff like that. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy When you stuff like, how can you still defend referee and say video replay would take to much time and kill the rythm of the game. I kind of think its worth the sacrifice when you see stuff like that. :(

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I completely agree that matches are being fixed at any level . Referees are most protected people in this sport . Not UEFA , FIFA , or any federation will not take actions against them . They were reluctant to make their work easier . That alone should raise questions why would someone want mistakes during the game officiating . I want fair and square match officiating for both teams . It took so long for them to adapt goal line technology and still not every where .

I am sure they are not dumb and I am sure some matches are fixed.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

It won't take too much time to make big important decisions like offside goal and red . Takes us 30 seconds while we sit home on the couch . 4th official or 3 more officials if you wish should be already reviewing any incident with replay technology as the game goes on . Come on , it is not rocket science . Frustrating to me that we are even debating this .

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Marcus2011 Agreed, I'm not the one saying that though. Really wish every football could agree on video replay already so we could send a message to the Fifa that its should be used as soon as possible. :(

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Never have I seen so many terrible referees manage at a top stage, even Webb would do a better job than this.

cr7real 7 years ago
Galatasaray, Turkey 0 66

I guess since The video coach application saw on the media so many people have discussed almost every positions. I think because of this reason people criticise the referees and the people start to be so careful in positions This can be effective on the referees at negative direction