Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Leicester City owner's helicopter crashes
quikzyyy 5 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

The Leicester City owner's helicopter has crashed in a car park outside the club's ground shortly after taking off following a match.

enter image description here
It is not known if Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha was in the helicopter at the time.

Leicester City had been playing West Ham United in the Premier League at their King Power stadium.
One witness said it appeared "the tail propeller wasn't working, putting it into a spin".
It turned silent, blades started spinning and then there was a big bang."

He said when he ran to the scene "there was a huge fireball" and it looked like the helicopter had crashed in an industrial park next to the stadium.

UPDATE:

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The Leicester City owner's helicopter has crashed in a car park outside the club's ground shortly after taking off following a match.

Leicester City had been playing West Ham United in the Premier League at their King Power stadium.

UPDATE:

One witness said it appeared "the tail propeller wasn't working, putting it into a spin".
It turned silent, blades started spinning and then there was a big bang."

He said when he ran to the scene "there was a huge fireball" and it looked like the helicopter had crashed in an industrial park next to the stadium.

UPDATE:

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Tragic. Thoughts are with all those involved, the family of the Brighton fan, and Glenn Hoddle's.

Also very poor from Footyroom's official twitter who announced the owner's death before there was any confirmation whatsoever.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Insane news. Sending my condolences to all family members and friends associated to whoever's involved in this accident.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Man, thats terrible, really hoping no one was actually injured or hurt badly. I know its not looking good but I will keep my hope up until any confirmation. Would be a very bad blow to Leicester as well... :(

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

It’s pretty sad, certainly puts football and life in general into context.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

sad, passionate owner, all my respect and condolences

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Terrible news, I hope he is ok.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

It is now confirmed that the owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha is among those who died. Very sad news, RiP.

Chanakya999 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

Rest in peace Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. Thank you for being the mastermind behind the biggest cinderella in sport's history and giving hope to any team of achieving success. Thank you for redefining the term "what if" in sports. Leicester City's Premier League win is something that will never be forgotten as long as football is played and I'm glad you got to witness the dream becoming a reality.

• History

Rest in peace Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. Thank you for being the mastermind behind the biggest cinderella in sport's history and giving hope to any team of achieving success. He definitely redefined the term "what if" in sports and this is something that will never be forgotten as long as football is played.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle Damn, really hoped it wasn't the case. Rip. :(

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Sad news for Leicester who now may loose their financial backing and end up going back to championship. That is why i always pray Roman flies home safe or Putin doesn't put Roman in prison or worse by some weird accident get poisoned with by polonium or novichok.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Thats not how its work, even if an individual die, his money will go to someone and most of the time, said person will take over his bussiness as well. In the case of Leicester owner, I expect his son to take his father place as owner of the club and to be backed by the rest of his family. Though thats how I imagine thing going with my common sense, could be wrong on all account.

expertfootball11 5 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

So sad... Always had fear of flying helicopters. Remember the famous rally driver Colin McRae died in a helicopter crash with his son.
I hope Leicester will stay strong, they will need it.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

@emo

Unless he left a will then your common sense will prevail, otherwise it is the law that governs passing of the wealth.

I wonder if this assassination. You have to be one unlucky man, and especially a billionaire, to get on faulty helicopter. I am not speculating .... i am just adding wood to the fire.

• History

@emo

Unless he left a will then your common sense will prevail, otherwise it is the law that governs passing of the wealth.

I wonder if this assassination. You have to be one unlucky man and especially a billionaire to get on faulty helicopter. I am not speculating .... i am just adding wood to the fire.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Where I live, we got another saying than "adding wood to the fire", it could be traducted as "pouring gasoline on the fire". But more seriously, while I agree helicopter crash are rare, I really hope it wasn't an assassination, that would leave even worse taste in my mouth... But to be fair, considering the man statut, its likely he had a lot of ennemies... :(

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Maybe mate it is because where you live there is a lot of gasoline, but where i live we have lots of wood and expensive gasoline.

Read into his bio and his business activities, then the theory of assassination will sound more as possibility. Nonetheless, I am always quiet amused that Stalin's quote , although evil in the context of his time, still holds as undeniably spot on analogy. He once said " “If only one man dies of hunger, that is a tragedy. If millions die, that's only statistics.” So, don't be sad mate, if something had happened to you when mr Srivaddhanaprabha was alive, i can bet 10 litters of gasoline, that he wouldn't have given a crap about you even if you were on the news.

expertfootball11 5 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

^But he is not like Fiorentino Perez. He actually cared about people, he had some humanity.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Oh wait, I traducted it wrong, it wouldn't be gasoline, it would be oil... But yeah, that phrase about 1 person dying being a tragedy and a million dying being a statistic is true. But I think its because we need to try lower how bad some events are. Anyway, I do feel sad because at the end of the day because that guy was a human being who was feeling things, had family and friend and moved people with the thing he did. No matter how you look at it, even if that person couldn't have care less about my life, he was still a human being which loss is going to pain a lots of peoples, its why I am sad nevertheless. I don't think humans should stop caring about someone dead even if he was a prick or a bastard which barely helped the rest of the society. Everyone deserve a certain amount of compassion at the very least.

• History

@Marcus2011 Oh wait, I traducted it wrong, it wouldn't be gasoline, it would be oil... But yeah, that phrase about 1 person dying being a tragedy and a million dying being a statistic is true. But I think its because we need to try lower how bad some events are. Anyway, I do feel sad because at the end of the day because that guy was a human being who was feeling thing, had family and friend and moved people. No matter how you look at it, even if that person couldn't have care less about my life, he was still a human being which loss is going to pain a lot people, its why I am sad nevertheless. I don't think humans should stop caring about someone dead even if he was a prick or a bastard. Everyone deserve a certain amount of compassion at the very least.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

One of the proudest son/father in the history of South East Asia, may be ever. :(

Football had a huge lost :(.

The boss.

RIP