Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Last Season - An Interesting Thought
Golden 12 years ago
35 693

Recently I ran over an interesting thought. A thought about last season...

Maybe you haven't spend a lot of time thinking about last seasons results in one big consipracy - but I have. Surprises obviously played an important role in last season's summary.

Let's start with England. Manchester City was, let's not lie, not the team most of us would favor as the one to take with them the EPL title. City had been a good team for years, but they never really reached the top. Personally, I believed Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal were the teams to fight for the 1st place. Nevertheless, the blue part of Manchester won in the end.

In Italy, 'The Old Lady' didn't exactly have a favorite stamp on them either. Juventus had, in common with City, been on the top during the past few years. However, last season they managed to sail home the Serie A title beating probable favorites such as AC Milan and Inter Milan.

In Germany, Dortmund won once again, and not many thought they would manage to hold onto their title. Dortmund won in the season 10/11 and impressively defended their title by winning again in 11/12. From being a mediocre team to the discussable best team in the Bundesliga alongside Bayern München by such short time has truly been an outstanding performance by Borussia Dortmund.

Lastly, we have France. Most likely the biggest surprise of them all. Montepellier... what can I say? Fantastic job.

Of course Champions League can be mentioned too, but it wasn't one of those incredible surprises when we saw Chelsea revenging their 'never ending' losses in the finals they reached. Well deserved!

Do you agree or not? Were there so much surprises last season from your point of view?

Do you think there is a possibility of being as much surprises for the upcoming season like there was last season? Now I know some of you might just think of the last aired season as an ordinary one, but I think it was great that there were so many teams who surprised! Maybe a plurality of the leagues have opened up more? Maybe the less transparent factor has been strenghten in a number of leagues for the next season?

Share your thoughts! ツ

Comments
SeriouslyUnited 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 4 26

yeah I was surprised that Manchester City snatched the title off of us, but it was well deserved after beating us twice out of three last season.

Navigatorfc 12 years ago
FC Porto, Brazil 18 87

really great post!! not so surprised by Porto in Portugal and Real in spain though. but juventus and montpellier were two shocks for me also ....

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

Juventus were just lucky.

Nico10 12 years ago
Barcelona, Moldova 38 290

Ronaldo-R9, lucky? they finished the Seria A campaign unbeaten...

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

Who cares? They still lost 2-0 in the final of the Coppa Italia against Napoli.

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Juventus should have lost the game vs Milan. The ball was in the net but ref didn't award it and ended 1-1. Also you can never be too sure a lot of italian teams are currupt 

Navigatorfc 12 years ago
FC Porto, Brazil 18 87

I agree with nico. juventus played really good football in the serie A so don't say they were "JUST LUCKY".... and you can't for gods sake say they were lucky in the league because they lost a match in the coppa Italia.. lol?

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

@SeriouslyUnited
➭ Everyone got surprised there, I guess. It's likely to be the most action packed ending in an EPL season of all time...

@Navigatorfc ➭ Thanks! I agree - Porto is always one of the teams to be favored as a title contender, and we (Real) were naturally counted as favorites toghether with Barca.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@Ronaldo-R9 my god...WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? Juventus won a whole LEAGUE without losing a game... and you say this is luck? You are probably just some fat bastard who sits at home and needs to be carried to your football stadium....where you have to book 3 seats for yourself.

JesperKyd 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 15 152

Juventus did well this year a season unbeaten
borusia dortmund are a great team sad to see them lose kawaga they are an immense team

@ramaboy10 just ignore him like all trolls they feed off the negativity and will keep on going until he gets you to snap.

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

@ramagirl10 , No im not fat and you dont need to book a seat dumbass you just need to book a part where you stay at in San Siro. You probably dont know that becaus your a gloryhunting p**i c**t who never been to a stadium before

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Excuse me? How dare you be racist! You are a friking racist....