Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Teams present top 4 leagues in CL
Amerr30 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Let's dedicate this thread to talk about and compare how teams represent their leagues in Europe.

We'll tote up the points like this: A draw is a 0 (zero), a win is a +1, and a loss is a -1.

Will keep this updated.

If anyone would like to see the result and how it was calculated, you can view the document by clicking the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6ygexxqbp7ao7b/Top%204%20in%20Europe.docx?dl=0

Or you can just copy/paste. This forum, it seems, does not allow hyperlinks. If you are asked to sign up or sign in, you can just close that window by clicking on the X. Wait a few seconds and it should give you a view of the document without having to download it.

**Last Updated: September 30, 2015

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Let's dedicate this thread to talk about how and compare how teams represent their leagues in Europe.

We'll tote up the points like this: A draw is a 0 (zero), a win is a +1, and a loss is a -1.

So far (Wednesday morning), the teams from the supposed best league on the planet has 2 losses from 2 games. City lost at home to Juve, and United lost against PSV in Holland.

La Liga on the other hand has had a clean sweep of wins with Real Madrid, Sevilla, and Athletico Madrid all recording wins on their opening fixtures.

Matchday 1:

(EPL)
Manchester City - Juventus: 1 - 2
PSV - Manchester United: 2 - 1
Dinomo Zagreb - Arsenal: TBD
Chelsea - Maccabbi Tel Aviv: TBD

(La Liga)
Seville - Borussia Mochlanfuckblach: 3 - 0
Galatasaray - Athletico Madrid: 0 - 2
Real Madrid - Shakhtar: 4 - 0
Roma - Barcelona: TBD
Valencia - Zenit: TBD

RESULTS

EPL: -2
La Liga: +3

Will keep this updated.

Let's dedicate this thread to talk about and compare how teams represent their leagues in Europe.

So far (Wednesday morning), the teams from the supposed best league on the planet has 2 losses from 2 games. City lost at home to Juve, and United lost against PSV in Holland.

La Liga on the other hand has had a clean sweep of wins with Real Madrid, Sevilla, and Athletico Madrid all recording wins on their opening fixtures.

Matchday 1:

(EPL)
Manchester City - Juventus: 1 - 2
PSV - Manchester United: 2 - 1
Dinomo Zagreb - Arsenal: TBD
Chelsea - Maccabbi Tel Aviv: TBD

(La Liga)
Seville - Borussia Mochlanfuckblach: 3 - 0
Galatasaray - Athletico Madrid: 0 - 2
Real Madrid - Shakhtar: 4 - 0
Roma - Barcelona: TBD
Valencia - Zenit: TBD

RESULTS

EPL: -2
La Liga: +3

Will keep this updated.

Will keep this updated.

If anyone would like to see the result and how it was calculated, you can view the document by clicking the link below:

Will keep this updated.

Or you can just copy/paste. This forum, it seems, does not allow hyperlinks. If you are asked to sign up or sign in, you can just close that window by clicking on the X. Wait a few seconds and it should give you a view of the document without having to download it.

Will keep this updated.

Comments
Amerr30 9 years ago Edited

@Dynastian: That would be a rather useless statistic considering that La Liga has 5 teams in the Champions League, EPL and Bundesliga 4. No matter what the end result, it can always be attributed to that fact alone. So it's pointless. That's the reason we're using coefficients and not just simply have points in the way I suggested in the OP. (W/D/L - 1/0/-1)

• History

@Dynastian: That would be a rather useless statistic considering that La Liga has 5 teams in the Champions League, EPL and Bundesliga 4. No matter what the end result, it can always be attributed to that fact alone. That's another reason why we're using coefficients and not just simply have points in the way I suggested in the OP. (W/D/L - 1/0/-1)

@Dynastian: That would be a rather useless statistic considering that La Liga has 5 teams in the Champions League, EPL and Bundesliga 4. No matter what the end result, it can always be attributed to that fact alone. So it's pointless. That's another reason why we're using coefficients and not just simply have points in the way I suggested in the OP. (W/D/L - 1/0/-1)

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Amerr

Hmm, how about tallying them up and then doing points-per-game statistics? That would cover up for the differences in number of teams.

Heisinburg 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United 67 1516

EPL needs to STEP UP their game. Wenger lost the plot, and he needs to go. I feel for ze Gunners.

• History

EPL needs to STEP UP their game. Wenger lost the plot, and he needs to go. I feel for Gunners.

Amerr30 9 years ago

@Dynastian: That is what I'm already essentially doing. Either that, or I'm not sure what you mean. The one difference being is that I'm counting the losses as a negative one, the draws a zero, and win a plus one - as opposed to the regular 0-1-3 point system.

Amerr30 9 years ago

OP has been updated. La Liga has over taken the table.

Amerr30 9 years ago

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

i was thinking, perhaps you could include EL as well, just like the same way the official coefficient gets calculated? that'd make things more complete. but only if that doesn't mean too much job for you, thanks!

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

CL is a really good idea. EL definitively isn't needed. This is a good thread.

Anyways, bump. I want updates on it.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago

Alright, time to update it again!

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

What happened to Amerr, though?

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

We've had a couple large "disagreements" in the chatbox, I don't know if he was a part of them, but a whole bunch of people have taken a sabbatical.

It probably wouldn't be to hard for one of us to re-create the table.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago

I like the format he did it, so hopefully he'll be back to update it soon.

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@KTBFFHSWE I think he left. I think I saw his comment stating he didnt want to take any part any more and decided to leave. I dont know if he officially left but so far I havent heard of him for a long time. He was actual a really intellectual football fan, a true football fan and kids who have no idea about the game, i really enjoyed his forums, hope he comes back tho!

Emrecan_58 9 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Yes, he left. I tried to convince him to come back, but failed. He probably reads our comments though. Maybe someday he will return.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I did try to convince him to stay too, :( he left :(

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago

Alright, that's too bad.. Sometimes some time off form this place can be good though..

Anyone want to redo/update the table?

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

Dynastian is taking care about it here, closing this one :)

Discussion Closed